Early Signs of 2014 Expansion?

BoddaH1994

It doesn`t take much deducing to realize that is where the next big expansion would be at Kings Island. They aren`t going to just tear out the go kart tracks and plant grass. They clearly have something planned for that area. Remember, things take time to plan and design... ;)

• Like 5

You`ll probably be better suited to scope out the area from the Eiffel Tower. There won`t be much action in Action Zone. Poor Flight Deck will be out there all by itself. It will be interesting to see if there is just a fence and nothing else or if there are survey marks or anything. Keep in mind, that Cedar Point didn`t start pouring footings until well in the summer...

• Like 3

You`ll probably be better suited to scope out the area from the Eiffel Tower. There won`t be much action in Action Zone. Poor Flight Deck will be out there all by itself. It will be interesting to see if there is just a fence and nothing else or if there are survey marks or anything. Keep in mind, that Cedar Point didn`t start pouring footings until well in the summer...

I'd try Drop Tower or Delirium, given the location...

^
Kinda, but I doubt it..."Bone-Chilling Screams" can come from roller coasters and other thrill rides, too.

And that yellow-and-black warning tape, for one reason or another, makes me think of Son of Beast's original theme...wait a second, I knew it! They are building...GHOST O' Son of Beast!!! (DA-DA-DUM!!!) :P It will be taller, faster, and have more inversions than any other wooden coaster in the entire world! (Basically, a much bigger, longer, faster Outlaw Run that goes upside down even more often!)

(Disclaimer: I do not actually think Kings Island is building another "Beast" ride...a RMC Woodie, perhaps...but it could also just be a B&M, Intamin, or something else...I do, however, think this may have something to do with the new attraction's theme, whatever it may be, ala the Diamondback teasers from 2008...Son of Beast teasers from 1999...etc etc...honestly, hoping it is something on that "level" of attraction "star power"...)

Oh, BTW, the "Ghost of Beast" name was taken from THIS...I'd LOL if this is really what they are building...though it would be awesome...this is a No Limits track, so you'll need NL, it's a coaster made by a guy named SkyArrow: http://www.ridehost.com/browse/ghost-of-beast/

• Like 5

The yellow and black does remind me a whole lot of Son of Beast, may he rest in piece or pieces whichever. I really hope it's a new woodie! Doesn't even have to be an RMC or a record breaking coaster at that. I just think that besides Prowler and Renegade Cedar Fair is lacking in the modern wooden coaster category. I'm tired of steel coasters! Give us a new woodie!

• Like 2

The yellow and black does remind me a whole lot of Son of Beast, may he rest in piece or pieces whichever. I really hope it's a new woodie! Doesn't even have to be an RMC or a record breaking coaster at that. I just think that besides Prowler and Renegade Cedar Fair is lacking in the modern wooden coaster category. I'm tired of steel coasters! Give us a new woodie!

Yes!! New woodie. Gravity Group, (snickers) I hear makes a pretty awesome wooden coaster.

Btw, The Voyage is my new favorite wooden coaster (sorry Beast)

Unless.....Kings Island can come up with a new woodie to dethrone the "New King"

Here's a shot of the fence around the Action Zone mystery:

3540_10151474742186723_1702185596_n.jpg

(image courtesy of KIC's facebook page)

I'm really starting to wish their webcams weren't down right now. Although I'm pretty sure they're doing that on purpose.

You mean taking pics from atop the Eiffel Tower isn't an option?

Here's a shot of the fence around the Action Zone mystery:

3540_10151474742186723_1702185596_n.jpg

(image courtesy of KIC's facebook page)

I'm really starting to wish their webcams weren't down right now. Although I'm pretty sure they're doing that on purpose.

You mean taking pics from atop the Eiffel Tower isn't an option?

I'm not at the park, how could I do that? :blink: