Early Signs of 2014 Expansion?

BoddaH1994

They usually are that. They're also getting to the point where every ride is pretty much like the one before it, and the ones made within the last decade or so really don't have the forces on them that the older ones do. They're starting to get a bit monotonous.

• Like 2

@UnrealNightmare;

Yes, a B & M invert is exactly what I was talking about. Then again, I;m not as "in-tune" with KI as I am Cedar Point (meaning as a fan...not in the term of actually being in any kind of "in the know" circle).

What does KI need? At Cedar Point this question is easy; a family ride (namely a dark ride)...but I think this gets trickier at Kings Island. True, KI has never had an invert, which is a staple at most parks, but do you really "need" it?

I'm not so sure.

And, this new attraction could simply be viewed as the "replacement" for the ride-we-do-not-speak-of.

Hard to see, the future is.

• Like 1

True, KI has never had an invert, which is a staple at most parks, but do you really "need" it?

So, an inverted B&M to go along with the other inverted coaster and suspended coaster in Action Zone?

They could theme the entire area to upside down world.

• Like 4

So, an inverted B&M to go along with the other inverted coaster and suspended coaster in Action Zone?

They could theme the entire area to upside down world.

A suspended and an invert are not even in the same ballpark. The coaster formerly known as Runaway Reptar is also in a different ballpark for obvious reasons.

Kings Island has never had a "big boy" invert, and I have a difficult time naming parks that do not have one (parks that are coaster-centered). They exist, but it's the exception to the rule.

Like I said, I would not say it's a neccessity, but it's certainly been an obvious missing piece to the coaster collection.

What else does KI need? Like Cedar Point, a "modern" world-class woodie the likes of Thunderhead, El Toro, etc.

1. No invert

2. No modern twisty fun woodie

3. No giga

4. No intamin at all (a la Maverick, etc...)

If I was a betting man, these would be the leading nominees. I would hedge my bets on a coaster only because it's replacing the coaster we do not speak of, even though we're no where near confirming that either.

Whatever we get, it would be cool to let CF build something record breaking. I don't want a TTD, or a MF per say, but something record breaking in its own right. As long as its unique and something the park hasn't had, I don't really care what it is.

So is Invertigo a little boy inverted roller coaster?

Invertigo is a cookie cutter ride and often has too long of a line forthe ride to be worth it so it is often looked over by GP and enthusiasts a like as a serious ride. What KI was lacking before Diamondback was a modern, large, high capacity, and fun for everyone roller coaster.Son of Beast was going to fill that role but we know how that turnedout and the closest thing we had to that description was The Beast and Flight of Fear which were both aging so Diamondback really filled the void for that role. Every Cedar Fair park except Michigan's Adventure and Kings Island have at least two major steel roller coaster that fit the categories above.

• Like 1

I think Kings Island is thinking about return on investment, more than "We can't go higher than Millennium Force!".

I can't really imagine this as the conversation during a Cedar Fair board meeting:

Random: Sir, planning is completed on the new coaster at Kings Island.

Ouimet: Let me have a look.

*Reads Blue Print*

Ouimet: Get this out of here, I told you not to go higher than 310'.

Random: Sorry sir, never again!!

• Like 12

Not that this is as fun as simply daydreaming about dive machines and 4-d monsters, but one way to decode what KI is getting is to ask a simple question:

What does it need?

In other words, are there any "holes" i the lineup that need filled? Diamondback finally plugged the "hyper" hole.

I seem to notice KI has always been lacking a certain type of coaster that is both wildly popular and reliable, and a staple at almost every major coaster-centered park I have ever been to.

I think KI's hole is in the area of high capacity low impact family rides. Something that eats up a bunch of guests that can be enjoyable by both the old and very young. Im not sure KI has a coaster hole IMO.

So is Invertigo a little boy inverted roller coaster?

Invertigo is a cookie cutter ride and often has too long of a line forthe ride to be worth it so it is often looked over by GP and enthusiasts a like as a serious ride. What KI was lacking before Diamondback was a modern, large, high capacity, and fun for everyone roller coaster.Son of Beast was going to fill that role but we know how that turnedout and the closest thing we had to that description was The Beast and Flight of Fear which were both aging so Diamondback really filled the void for that role. Every Cedar Fair park except Michigan's Adventure and Kings Island have at least two major steel roller coaster that fit the categories above.

Does Vortex count as a high capacity coaster? I know its not modern.

A Gravity Group would be the best choice, but I don't see them getting that.

Ive got a special salute and a New York Style cheer for that. if they are going for that type of coaster (wood/hybrid, compact terrain coaster) Id rather see the Powers that be at Kings Island install a GCI like Prowler.

• Like 2