Early Signs of 2014 Expansion?

BoddaH1994

That's it! This is not a new attraction for 2014, but one for September 2013. Now would be a perfect time to start building a wild mouse.

Announcement:

Kings Island is excited to announce that we are constructing a brand new spooky themed family coaster that will open for this year's Halloween Haunt festivities and remain open season long.

(In all seriousness, this is definitely a very cool idea, though I am 99% sure it wouldn't happen.)

That's it! This is not a new attraction for 2014, but one for September 2013. Now would be a perfect time to start building a wild mouse.

Announcement:

Kings Island is excited to announce that we are constructing a brand new spooky themed family coaster that will open for this year's Halloween Haunt festivities and remain open season long.

(In all seriousness, this is definitely a very cool idea, though I am 99% sure it wouldn't happen.)

So you're saying there's a chance?

Announcement:

Well, I don't ever want to say something sounding completely certain, when really none of us have much of a clue as to what is going in.

Announcement:

Well, I don't ever want to say something sounding completely certain, when really none of us have much of a clue as to what is going in.

I see, I like the idea actually. I am probably going to like whatever coaster they have picked out, as long as it is not a clone of Back Lot Stun Coaster.

While I agree the footers (footings) don't line up like they should for a wooden coaster, I still think this is wood. There are too many of them (20) in such a small area. Also, compare the size of them to steel footers (footings), they look too small to be steel (Diamondback's are huge, and I305 all appear to be squares.)

The footings we see in these pictures could be for the station or the train maintainence shed, if it is a coaster. Look at Diamondback's station during the early construction stage in this picture from rcdb.com:

http://rcdb.com/4253.htm?p=22250

Notice how small the footings are in the station and maintainence shed areas compared to the tracks' footings?

Actually the placement of these footings looks nothing like the pic you have posted.

I was actually referring to the picture of the construction site at Kings Island, not I305 pictured in Hendrick's post. My bad.

Aren't those "footers" left over from the center and the starting point of Thunder Alley? Think of the layout, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

I'm not sure if thunder alley would even need footers, aside from the little canopy, the track certainly wouldn't need anything like that, besides in the clearing of that area, the rebar supports sticking up out of the ground wouldn't look like that, they'd be bent and broken for the most part.

if you look at the google maps picture from I believe last season, you'll see that there would have been footings for the 2 light poles in the center of the track, and probably some footings for the canopy area where you loaded. That canopy area sat just north of the traingular grass area that remains. I don't see any signs of any footings remaining, all those other ones are new, and look to be significantly beefed up to support something more than a canopy covering.

An additional comment, I liked how recently (perhaps last week in a season preview article) KI was quoted as saying they had no immediate plans for that area, that they were still weighing their options. Not that I'd expect them to leake out any information at that time, but I didn't believe it then and obviously they were lying, or perhaps diverting as I doubt they're putting in footers, hopeing it works down the road.

You guys are seriously flipping out over this. There is barely anything out there. For all we know, it could just be a sculpture with 8 or so footings. It's simply to early to tell. But I can tell you this. The way the steel rods are shaped, it looks like footings for a steel coaster. To be able to tell what coaster type that might be, is again, too early to tell.

• Like 3

I'm all for a coaster but when I saw the groups of footings I thought they looked like something for a luminosity stage. I think that'd be why it's so close to the midway as well as the break between the two pieces of land. A ride and a show to make Action Zone happening again! Although ride wise I want another wooden coaster!

• Like 1

If the new attraction wasn't replacing SOB I would say you have a great chance of being right about that.

Whatever it is, I think part of the goal would be to help guests forget that SOB existed, much like Vortex repacing The Bat.

Not sure Luminosity quite reaches those heights. :)

• Like 1

Does anyone still know the link that showed the footers? If I do recall, I think the president of Cedar Fair mentioned If Luminosity was successful, they would install these in all the Cedar Fair parks. In wishful thinking terms here, hopefully we see Luminosity and a new roller coaster in 2014. ;)

I think it is really the new bathrooms for X-Base.......but that is just my opinion because I am a very diversifide individual.

It also could be a roller coaster that is part of a show with a sign at
the entrance that reads: "Break a leg". It will be the tallest wooden
coaster in the world with a loop........oh wait, never mind.

• Like 5

Did anybody notice that there are stakes with ribbons on them crossing the ravine about where SOB's lift hill was? I saw some from flight deck and also from Adventure Express

You mean like this?

;)

(Diamondback Construction 2008)

• Like 1