New ReEntry Policy for Season Pass Holders

BoddaH1994

Just got off the phone with the park (754 5700) yes the computers are set up to let season pass holders in as many times as they want.

But she said it doesn't hurt to get your hand stamped???

I have had my hand stamped hundreds of times. Not once has it hurt.

Just got off the phone with the park (754 5700) yes the computers are set up to let season pass holders in as many times as they want.

But she said it doesn't hurt to get your hand stamped???

I have had my hand stamped hundreds of times. Not once has it hurt.

And not too many more times, has it actually shown up under the blacklight, right Terp? ;)

Sparky, who never forgets a conversation.

• Like 4

Indelible.

They finally get decent ink again, and now you don't need it....with a pass.

Terp, holder of a Kings Island Platinum Pass (wonder if it will work at Kings Dominion...or even Carowinds? I may even try other parks, and still force the issue! It's not VooDoo! Some say my Cedar Fair passes are possessed).

• Like 12

That's interesting news. Also, I will have a Kings Island platinum for the first time in several years again this season. It will be interesting to see if it was just the rotten luck of my previous pass, but the number of times I've had to go to guest relations because my pass didn't scan is too difficult to count. It has happened enough that it's funny. (Terpy's situation, not so much.)

Yeah, I went out to the car several times to get KIC shirts as people showed up and I did not believe them when they told me I did not need a stamp. I did do it, and looked at the screen when coming back in. I did not event see anything different than the original scan when coming in the original time. I think this make sense to see who is coming back in the park and when. It gives them data if pass holders are leaving the park for lunch/dinner.

• Like 1

A pass not scanning at Cedar Point...nah....

The number of times I've been in CP's guest relations department is unbelievable. This was my favorite. We bought platinum passes in October a couple years ago in October. (We did not have passes at the time.) We had thought that the same rule would apply that you still get one free visit with a platinum. We were told that only the regular season passes were good for a free visit and that platinum passes were not. We were then told that what we could do would be to buy Cedar Point regular season passes, go in, get a hand stamp and come back out and upgrade to Cedar Point Platinum Passes. When we did, the person at guest relations that was having us do all this simply opened a gate and let us through once we upgraded. What kind of IDIOTS run that park?? That was a bunch of time, effort, and patience wasted. This is why I usually only go to CP once a year, and spend the rest of my time at KI. I've never had too much trouble getting KI's guest relations to do what I want them to do.

Kings Island for ERT and to process my season pass. Left the park at 9:45AM. Sped up to Cedar Point and got there around 1:30PM Park was packed so we rode Dragster and Raptor and that's when we got the idea to try to make it to MIA before they closed. We left CP at 3PM and made it to MIA by 8pm we rode all but two coasters in an hour. We do crazy trips like this all the time.

• Like 5

Indelible.

They finally get decent ink again, and now you don't need it....with a pass.

Terp, holder of a Kings Island Platinum Pass (wonder if it will work at Kings Dominion...or even Carowinds? I may even try other parks, and still force the issue! It's not VooDoo! Some say my Cedar Fair passes are possessed).

Been to three Cedar Fair parks so far this season (Worlds of Fun, KD and Carowinds). The passes have worked at all three parks without any hitches or glitches. Hopefully your mileage won't vary.

• Like 1

It's not like getting a hand stamp is that big of a deal, but this is just one of the hundreds of things that Cedar Fair can do to make a park visit incrementally easier, so I wouldn't knock it.

It's easier to just walk out of the park. Game changer? No...but one tiny brick in the wall of technological ineptitude the chain was trapped in under Kinzel's leadership.

• Like 1

Perhaps Lo-Q will bring Accesso's mobile offering up to par, and more advanced ticketing options will become possible via mobile. They did finally figure out how to sell new, non-platinum passes from the Accesso Mobile site: http://visitkingsisland.accessomobile.com

Otherwise, renewing your pass from your phone will probably require using it as a phone. I don't see Cedar Fair doing the in-house work for Flash-free Accesso on their own sites.

Lets just hope that this year, it doesnt say Your pass is from 2003, like it did previously at KD. I, if you recall, had my own pass processing issues that day and Ive got to admit the head of GR that day went above and beyond in rectifying mine.

He did mine as well, then KD only processed renewals of 2011 passes in person, at the park. No phone renewals, no website either. Since that wasn't possible for me, Mr. Reid-Anderson & Co. got many extra 2012 visits from me.

• Like 1

I have had issues with my Platinum pass both this year and last year at Carowinds and Kings Dominion. The Kings Dominion issue occurred on their opening day, where they could see that I had renewed my Platinum Pass, but its effective date ended in December of 2012. Twenty minutes of waiting in line at Ticketing/Season Pass services at Kings Dominion, the issue was fixed. You would have thought that such a simple thing would be fixed. Its not like we are buying a cheap KI pass. I shelled out over $150 for my Platinum Pass.