Draculas Haunted Castle

Hoskins123

Yea, let's just put it this way. Most people got silent at the end and booed. I'm not going to give my oppinion on it, but it wasn't very popular, especially after the hour wait.

I tried it out tonight, thankfully we walked on. My god, what a waste. I have to say, I truly enjoyed seeing the old Phantom Theater animatronics brought back to life though! That was the best part. As for the ride......crappy movie, boring motion, no story. Hands down, the worse thing I've seen in there yet......even worse than that one they had last year with the Indiana Jones theme. Sheesh. Bring back Superstition next year, PLEASE!!! I also did Sleepy Hollow tonight. Lots of detail on this one, unfortunately the haunt itself failed to amount to a whole lot. Still kinda cool. On a side note with FearFest, I gotta give the Park props for going into a lot more detail on the theming. I am impressed and think the overall atmosphere is MUCH better this year!

- Todd

i thought the film was pretty bad. There was no real story line to it, and the ending isn`t very climatic at all. The best part for me was seeing a couple of the Phantom Theater animatronics out, and actually working. I also liked how they were playing the old Phantom Theater music. It was great to see that they still had some of these in working order!

i thought the film was pretty bad. There was no real story line to it, and the ending isn`t very climatic at all. The best part for me was seeing a couple of the Phantom Theater animatronics out, and actually working. I also liked how they were playing the old Phantom Theater music. It was great to see that they still had some of these in working order!

I also thought the Phantom Theater setup was the best part of the ride. For some reason, I just love the old PT music. I actually walked down the line a second time about 20 min. before the park closed just to listen to it. I wouldn't get back on the ride, though. Words can not truly describe how bad this movie is. It seems like it was still in the process of being made when PKI bought it. The seats hardly move, there are almost no sound effects (certainly no music to be heard, with the exception of a pipe organ being played by a skeleton at the end), and to top it all off, Dracula only makes a 2 second cameo apperance in the whole movie. I talked to Michael and Heather, two area managers, after I rode. They said they were so embarrassed by the movie that when they were in the driver's booth, they would get out of sight of the guests when they were exiting. There is only one true use for this movie. Put it in one of the "haunted houses" as a means of torture, it's certainly more painful and terrifying to watch than being threatened by a maniac with a chainsaw.

By the way, a piece of trivia for anyone interested: The old man who introduces you to the castle and appears at the end of the movie is Arthur Malet, who appears as the character Tootles in Steven Spielberg's Hook.

There are never short lines for the fearfest attractions. It doesn't matter what day you go. The only thing you can do is get to the haunted house about 20-45 minutes before it opens, this is the only time the lines will be their shortest. If you want to ride the DHC movie, however, (Ha Ha Ha) then just go about an hour before the park closes. This place will be completely deserted.

I attended Fearfest this past Saturday and never waited more than a hour. All of the attractions for AWESOME except Curse of the Crypt and DHC. The Sleepy Hollow attraction is one of the best haunted attractions I have EVER been too. The detail was AMAZING. I really enjoyed fearfest this year, PKI is really picking it up. Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

I attended Fearfest this past Saturday and never waited more than a hour. All of the attractions for AWESOME except Curse of the Crypt and DHC. The Sleepy Hollow attraction is one of the best haunted attractions I have EVER been too. The detail was AMAZING. I really enjoyed fearfest this year, PKI is really picking it up. Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

Figures, the only ones I got to go through were DHC and Curse of the Crypt.

I went and rode this piece today after getting off work and I was wondering why they called it Draculas castle, it's not like they showed Dracula persay and even if they did I would of missed him if not for the fact that I was warned that I would miss him if I blinked, next thing we know we'll have people complaining of having epileptic seizures from the flashing vampire.... ph34r.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, come on people? NOTHING is worst than the Lost Temple.. nothing.

Also, the concept of the movie is interesting... a ride simulation of a ride. Then again, I felt like my half hour was worth it just to see the old PT characters, the movie was just a place to sit down after that.

Oh, come on people? NOTHING is worst than the Lost Temple.. nothing.

Uh... Yes there is. It's Dracula. I was there all night tonight and at least someone was cussing and booing. With Lost Temple there wasn't that many complaints. Dracula is horrible and it needs to burn to the ground where it belongs. Hopefully next year it won't be there and they bring back El Virya. At least she made sense with her AT movie. In other words Dracula SUCKS!

I know the film for Lost Temple. Ask any guest what they think about Dracula. I bet they say it's lame and it sucks. Yes Lost Temple sucked too, but not as bad as Dracula.

Can't we just agree that they both sucked really badly?

This reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons when Homer catches Lenny and Carl sword fighting with plutonium rods and when he walks in he hears their argument which was something like:

"I say Phantom Menace sucked more!"

"Attack of the Clones sucked more!"

"Menace!"

"Clones!"

I was very happy to see the Usher and Maestro from Phantom Theater when I went to the park yesterday. The Dracula film is an embarassment-even worse than Days of Thunder. Maybe PKI can bring back the old PT characters on a permanent basis since they still have them. I also love hearing PT's soundtrack. Have the usher to direct guests into the Paramount FX Theater was a nice touch.