Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

As of the time of this posting, we are but one day removed from Opening Day, 2013, and clues are already beginning to surface about what may be to come in 2014. As many of you know, there has been a construction fence constructed surrounding the area that once housed Thunder Alley and of course Son of Beast. On it, there are what appear to be teaser signs, as shown below.

902780_10151474743006723_964546289_o.jpg

Since nobody was able to guess the name of Diamondback before the announcement in late 2008, I wonder if we have gotten better at decoding clues. The real question is: are these clues? As people have brought up several times, the park did successfully foil everyone into believing that "Mustang" was the name of the new attraction in 2009.

I suppose, we should begin by assuming that these signs are an honest foresight into either the type of the new attraction that is coming in the not-so-near future, or the theme of the attraction.

VIDEO AND AUDIO MONITORING IN PROGRESS

Early guess: this is nothing more than a hat tilt to the original theme of Son of Beast, which used to make reference to using closed circuit cameras to monitor for Son of Beast.

...IT HAS BEEN NECESSARY TO CLOSE THIS SECTION OF THE PARK...

I think this is simply the utility section of the fence. Kind of a, "pardon our dust as we improve your shopping experience" type of deal. Ultimately, that's what the message of the sign is... or is it?

...MYSTERIOUS AND BONE-CHILLING SCREAMS... EVIL PHENOMENON CAN BE IDENTIFIED...

This part is very interesting, and may be the only actual clue. Could it be some sort of scary theme? The phrase "Evil Phenomenon" implies to me that they aren't necessarily going with a "tallest, fastest, longest" deal, or it would have more of a "thrill" theme than a demonic theme. I've heard some rumblings about how this could be a new Haunt attraction, but I'm not sold on this. Rumor has been strong that "the next big thing" at Kings Island would be situated where Son of Beast once stood, and it was only reinforced by the fact that Thunder Alley was closed and removed. This is way too big of a project for that.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Let's use this thread as teasers and clues (if any) appear throughout the season.

• Like 23

It seems like the land is split from thunder alley and sob. I'm starting to come up with two answers. The first one is an expansion and a re-theme of the entire Action Zone area. We have seen the first change in the Action Zone when Invertigo was repainted aqua and royal blue, but for some reason the sign stayed its original yellow and feded red color,(unless they painted it during the offseason because I could not attend opening day). The second change was the announcement of Son of Beast's demise in late July. The thrice was the removal of thunder alley for park expansion and the fourth was Jungle Jim's purchasing the water tower. I believe that we could be possibly seeing a re-theme because the Action Zone was basically the paramount section of the park and seeing that they are no longer an owner, it would only be appropriate to re theme that section.

The second answer is a new coaster, most likely a giga to mimic leviathan. The section where thunder alley once stood would probably be where the station would be then the coaster would run behind Firehawk.

Just my two cents

• Like 3

Ya'll have to spy for me this year: I'll have to wait til Haunt.

I'm really curious that they posted a teaser as soon as they put up the huge big long fence.

My only guess is the same as posted above. Something Thorpe Park or Alton Park, except the park's recent course set to more family fare, I'd think it was a frightening pterodactyl wing rider.

The Invertigo sign is still the original colors. Weird you should mention it, i was talking with a gentleman who is a member here but i never got his name about this very topic yesterday while standing atop the tower.

I also agree with this two ride theory there are lines of trees that seperate the two plots that would have been cleared while they were excavating.

• Like 2

I wonder how many phantoms could Kings Island boast, one, two possibly? Or a entity that only wants revenge?

I will give my findings on the subject in the next week when I can look at it for my own eyes.

• Like 1

It will be a carousel that is dragons and spits fire. It rotates at 50mph while in reverse and it will be playing the Brady Bunch theme song. It also poops cotton candy.

That‘s just my guess... I hope im not wrong!!

Source: Dip N Dots friend that lived in Mexcio then moved to Canada and Skyped his parents for information.

• Like 8

If it were for a year-round Haunt, they'd be much better off turning last year's Cavern of Terror into a full-on year-round Haunt. Nonetheless, a haunt maze themed and placed next to the big attraction would be a very unique marketing campaign that hasn't been done all too often (the last one I remember is the SAW maze tie-in with the SAW coaster at Thorpe Park).

I could see them at least make a path going from the former Thunder Alley location to the area next to Adventure Express's entrance area, going behind Sling Shot. It would finally alleviate a majority of the bottle-necking issues found at the mouth of Action Zone.

I wonder how many phantoms could Kings Island boast, one, two possibly? Or a entity that only wants revenge?

I will give my findings on the subject in the next week when I can look at it for my own eyes.

Phantoms?...... and Revenge?.....

That idea was taken over a decade ago.... http://www.kennywood.com/

• Like 4

I think there's a good possibility we'll see more than one attraction in this area. Also, Cedar Point released many false clues last year so I'm sure Kings Island will be doing the same. I'm in the minority here but I'm just hoping its not a Giga.

• Like 8

Keep in mind that rides like Verbolten are very much within the price range for a regional park, and suit families, thrill seekers, and those of us who enjoy a little story with our thrill. In my mind, this sign could literally have been on the construction fence for Verbolten, Thirteen, etc.

• Like 3

Maybe they'll get Ghost Adventures to investigate the ghost of SOB. That would be more entertaining than those Ghost Hunter guys.

I wonder if a ride can have a ghost.

It can. Remember Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle? It was haunted. Fortunately you were able to use your blasters to thward the ghosts.

• Like 8

I think there's a good possibility we'll see more than one attraction in this area. Also, Cedar Point released many false clues last year so I'm sure Kings Island will be doing the same. I'm in the minority here but I'm just hoping its not a Giga.

Completely agree. As sweet as Leviathan looks, KI does not need that type of coaster. We already have a Mega. We need Intamin love more than anything. It would add so much variety to our lineup.

• Like 1

The only thing I can think of is something that our neighbors to the north do not have. I do not believe it will be a Wingrider (Thank goodness), could possibly be a Leviathan type (Doubtful), or maybe a GCI type woodie. My hopes and prayers are either towards something to break the 300 foot barrier, or an Intamin plug n' play.

• Like 1

Maybe they'll get Ghost Adventures to investigate the ghost of SOB. That would be more entertaining than those Ghost Hunter guys.

I wonder if a ride can have a ghost.

It can. Remember Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle? It was haunted. Fortunately you were able to use your blasters to thward the ghosts.

They're not blasters - they're "Fright Light Flashlights." Do you even go here?

• Like 10