Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I am very biased on this because I am rooting for a large Intamin coaster or a Leviathan type B&M coaster. If they were to remake a SoB type ride, why would they need to tear down TA and have footers over by TA. Wouldn't they just use the same station and area for the "upgraded SoB"? As said before, they're so many idiots out there that would say that the new ride killed people it would instantly have a bad rep. If i were in charge of this whole project, I would want to replace SoB with another large coaster. In 2009, Son of Beast and Diamondback were the two largest coasters in the park. It would make sence to replace it with a larger coaster.

Park guests believe that people have fallen out of the loops on Vortex and died. This coming from people standing in line to ride it. So I don't think "bad rep" can even be said about SoB, Flight Commander on the other hand...

• Like 1

Maybe they'll get Ghost Adventures to investigate the ghost of SOB. That would be more entertaining than those Ghost Hunter guys.

I wonder if a ride can have a ghost.

It can. Remember Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle? It was haunted. Fortunately you were able to use your blasters to thward the ghosts.

They're not blasters - they're "Fright Light Flashlights." Do you even go here?

And they work so well most can't hit the broad side of a barn, much less a ghost.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Hello all first time poster but this seemed like the perfect time to signup...and I frequent KI and CP several times a year. I personally do not see any possibility of a SOB remake (and despite my name I actually liked the ride). At most as far as wood goes I could see a GCI like people have mentioned. I am leaning more towards a B&M like so many people have stated but I would love a heavily themed ride in there. Ever since Paramount lost ownership theming has taking a plummet. I see that they are trying to make a come back in this area a bit so a thrilling dark ride or something along those lines would go a looooong way in my opinion.

• Like 11

Honestly, I'm most curious about the last line of that teaser on the fence.

Maybe it's just me, but I swear up close it looks like the line "...this evil phenomenon can be identified" is just a sticker stuck over whatever is under it. Perhaps whatever is under that sticker is the key to decoding 2014.

Or there could have just been a typo and the sticker was a last-minute fix.

• Like 8

What did I miss? :P

me doing an edit...I spelled something wrong when I was mentioning something else spelled wrong.

I noticed that too. I think it is simply just a typo and nothing else. I`m sure it is a lot cheaper to reprint a strip than to reprint all those banners.

Oh my, it is definitely not looking like this and I would be absolutely shocked if it happened but what if an updated, scarier phantom theater was put in! In my childhood that was my favorite ride by far. They could even put in thrill aspects like a less extravagant The Mummy....that will be the day. I agree though I am thinking B&M so far and that's just fine they do quality work.

• Like 2

Even though I do feel compelled to believe its a new coaster, I hope it's not. That would be a waste of land to put a coaster on the edge where sob ran. If KI plans to install a coaster I really hope they place it behind flight deck to accommodate other rides.

So in other words, build the new coaster on top of Great Wolf Lodge on land the park doesn't own.

Good idea.

So you're telling me that Great Wolf Lodge owns all this land circled here?

55ED7AFD-EBA2-41BF-A330-EB5322633FF6-412

Hmmm, I thought KI owned that....

You are correct, Kings Island does own that circled area of land.

Also, they won't build a coaster or any ride back there. Flight Deck's queue goes far back enough and that terrain of the circled area has a massive elevation change that wouldn't be friendly or convenient for park guests.

someone explain to me why they think its a good idea to rebuild SOB? Im trying to get my head wrapped around that idea... but i cant. Just cant. So instead of retracking/retrofitting the ride... they would tear it down and rebuild it exactly the same way, but smoother?

I don't think it is a good idea, but the "warning" signs we see seem to be making a reference to SOB. I don't think retracking or retrofitting the ride was an option, or they would have done it. I think the problems it had would have continued so they just dismantled it. SOB wasn't a bad idea or a bad coaster, it appears it wasn't installed properly. Redoing it perhaps with a couple new wrinkles isn't going to result in a bad coaster. With all the work, rework and troubleshooting they were forced to do with SOB, if they were to rebuild it, i would think they would have it all worked out already.Personally, I'd like to see a 311' 94 mph Leviathan type coaster, but right now what I see doesn't lead me in that direction. It's extremely early on in the process, but it's fun to let your imagination go and think of what might be.

They're not going to "remake" Son of Beast. Put it this way, if the first incarnation was good - they would've kept it and not spent a lot of money tearing it down. Also they did try re-tracking and retrofitting it multiple times. Did it get any better? No, ultimately the park wasn't "satisfied with the ride's performance." Also, what manufacturer would be interested in putting their product on that ride? There's a reason it had used, modified gerstlauer trains and not new ones manufactured. The ride is dead, the ride sucked, the end.

• Like 8

but we can rebuild it. make it faster, stronger.... Bombay... you have crushed peoples souls on here. If SOB doesnt return what will they post about?

Side note: this thread took less than 3 pages before someone honestly brought back the "they are going to rebuild SOB."

• Like 3

I realize I am new here, but I thought the idea of the thread was to try to decode the meaning of the sign. I don't want another SOB, but in just looking at sign, i thought I'd offer a possible interpretation of the meaning. I don't think anybody said "Rebuild SOB!" I thought everyone was just analyzing the sign and what we saw opening day. Why don't you say what you think it means? Maybe it means nothing. Just saying another idea is stupid doesn't make it stupid. Just saying someone is wrong doesn't make them wrong. I think it's exciting that KI is possibly building another coaster. I think it's fun that they try to give hints, or talk in coded language and we try to figure it out. None of us know anymore than the others so any guess is as legit as the next at this point.

• Like 3