Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I realize I am new here, but I thought the idea of the thread was to try to decode the meaning of the sign. I don't want another SOB, but in just looking at sign, i thought I'd offer a possible interpretation of the meaning. I don't think anybody said "Rebuild SOB!" I thought everyone was just analyzing the sign and what we saw opening day. Why don't you say what you think it means? Maybe it means nothing. Just saying another idea is stupid doesn't make it stupid. Just saying someone is wrong doesn't make them wrong. I think it's exciting that KI is possibly building another coaster. I think it's fun that they try to give hints, or talk in coded language and we try to figure it out. None of us know anymore than the others so any guess is as legit as the next at this point.

Actually,some on here know alot more than others,im even somewhat sure some know whats going to be built. They wont say a word while the rest of us have fun guessing.Dont take anything personal on here

Like the Dippin Dots man? I have heard he knows more than we all know!

Also, Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, welcome to the new SOB thread, please enjoy your stay, and don't forget to visit the lobby for more coaster "concessions".

• Like 5

Seems like a lot of people are throwing idea's out there,

here's mine!

Build something to rival Millenium Force.

I know I will take a bunch of flack for this but wooden coasters are just not my thing. Is The Beast fun? Sure, but it's far from the best ride out there. I still like it and it does do a number of great things but I have really no desire to ride wooden anymore. Call me old, lol.

• Like 2

Seems like a lot of people are throwing idea's out there,

here's mine!

Build something to rival Millenium Force.

I know I will take a bunch of flack for this but wooden coasters are just not my thing. Is The Beast fun? Sure, but it's far from the best ride out there. I still like it and it does do a number of great things but I have really no desire to ride wooden anymore. Call me old, lol.

I think you might be on to something, as I'm thinking the likeliest possibility is a 300' steel coaster.

• Like 2

...Last year they were still deciding on what to do with you know who,now you think they just up and have plans and the pieces to build a new coaster?..

It's called pre-planning.

Im guessing they've had plans for the thunder alley location,Im guessing their making plans for SOB location now? I will look from the Tower friday to have a better idea of where specifically they are working,unless anybody knows? I guess I should ask has anybody seen footers where SOB once stood yet?

^^^ I took a look through the fence, and all i saw was cleared dirt. I know some other people said they saw footers, i didn't. I have since seen some overhead shots and I still don't see anything that indicates anything to me. I came across this video that is pretty clear.

• Like 2

Guest Department47

^^^As thekidd33 pointed out, there are definitely footings. Or at least the early stages of them.

On a lighter note, does anyone else find it funny that the season has just started and we're already talking about what's new for next year?

I second that.

But, thats exactly what happened with the whole Diamondback thing in 2008.

• Like 9

On a lighter note, does anyone else find it funny that the season has just started and we're already talking about what's new for next year?

Its only natural. Speculation keeps things interesting.

• Like 5

I am tossing around the idea that this could actually be for a Luminosity stage (even though I still think it's going to be a coaster). However, why in the world would they start construction for that so early?

Maybe a more complex stage than the one at Cedar Point? Assuming that it is for a Luminosity style show, which I don't think it will be.

• Like 1

I am tossing around the idea that this could actually be for a Luminosity stage (even though I still think it's going to be a coaster). However, why in the world would they start construction for that so early?

Maybe a more complex stage than the one at Cedar Point? Assuming that it is for a Luminosity style show, which I don't think it will be.

Why more complex? CF would never want any park to outdo its flagship CP.

From what I have read, Ouimet was not happy with Luminosity. He didn't like the price point, I believe $3 million. That is why the show is being done in house this year and will have major changes.

I don't see Luminosity coming to Kings Island or any of the other parks. The point of Luminosity was to keep people in the park for longer periods of time. Kings Island already has fireworks to keep people in the park.

• Like 5

The only reason I would say they probably couldn't do that is because of how high-tech and in-depth the Luminosity area is. It really is more than just a stage, it's an entire midway dedicated to the show. I don't think Kings Island has something like this, but it could be done with some money and some changes.

I think a Luminosity style show would be perfect for Action Zone. The area where the fake water tower used to be is a perfect area to set up a midway show like that. At least, I think it has more potential than just a slab of concrete in the middle of the park.

Concerning the construction, I wouldn't mind if Kings Island pulled what Knott's did this year in adding a few rides to the area. If its a coaster,I hope they design it with future expansion around it in mind.

• Like 1

...Last year they were still deciding on what to do with you know who,now you think they just up and have plans and the pieces to build a new coaster?..

It's called pre-planning.

Im guessing they've had plans for the thunder alley location,Im guessing their making plans for SOB location now? I will look from the Tower friday to have a better idea of where specifically they are working,unless anybody knows? I guess I should ask has anybody seen footers where SOB once stood yet?

In terms of the actual hardware for 2014, they're not "making plans" at this point. Signatures have been signed and they are well past the planning stages. They are in full blown construction mode.

• Like 3

Must be somethign huge to start building this early!

That's what I'm saying.

Remember. This time last year, space spiral and that other ride were testing, getting ready for opening day. What stands in its place now?

• Like 1

Why more complex? CF would never want any park to outdo its flagship CP.

That administration has left the building and a new CEO is in the driver seat.

• Like 2

Those yellow and black stripes tell the story! What else could it mean?

A bumblebee. Flying around on an inverted B&M themed to a bee, named Stinger.

I'd think, you would be getting a call from the Columbus Blue Jackets to turn it into a hockey themed coaster showing their pride and joy mascot. Yup, you guessed it, "Stinger".

Edit - well this was a pointless post. I overlooked, Jr for Birdy already brought up stinger and the Jackets. Whoops :(

You guys are forgetting the old Cincinnati Stingers of the 1970's WHA...come on, men!

I would adore a hockey-themed coaster, though.

Anyway, I believe that this sign just opens up a whole new barrel of monkeys that could mean anything or nothing at all. I am excited, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I like reading all of your ideas, however far-fetched or reasonable they may be.

It's an interesting time at KI.

• Like 2