Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

It also raises the question, if they were so popular among guests, why hasn't any other park chain decided to put one in?

Busch had exclusivity clause with B&M on the Dive Coaster model for a number of years after SheiKra and Griffon were built.

I think The Beast is boring, but I still love it. If that makes any sense...

No, it doesn't. I'm interested to hear an explanation, though. :)

I like the history of it. I like the concept or idea of a long, wooden coaster ungulfed in trees. I like the tunnels, and I like the night rides. The ride itself, however, I think is boring. Slanted track with no airtime or forcefull twists is not something I look for in a coaster.

• Like 4

Rode past CSF in Batavia this afternoon after my shopping trip down to Eastgate. Saw one lime green piece and a couple of pieces awaiting paint on the side. At this point there's not much activity taking place from what I saw.

• Like 5

It also raises the question, if they were so popular among guests, why hasn't any other park chain decided to put one in?

Busch had exclusivity clause with B&M on the Dive Coaster model for a number of years after SheiKra and Griffon were built.

I wonder how many years was this exclusivity clause was suppose to be? You think it might already be expired?

Rode past CSF in Batavia this afternoon after my shopping trip down to Eastgate. Saw one lime green piece and a couple of pieces awaiting paint on the side. At this point there's not much activity taking place from what I saw.

Someone needs to take pictures :)

• Like 5

Honestly, a Raptor-like color scheme would be something different. How many rides at KI have red in them again?

Two..

Here's sort of a list of all the red rides in KI's currently

• Diamondback
  • Firehawk

Old Red schemes

• Flight Deck
  • Racer
  • Invertigo
  • The Bat- gone

Keyword: "ride", not roller coaster.

Another thing I said said "in them(ride)".

This would include:

(Current)

• Diamodback
  • Firehawk
  • WindSeeker(seats/top)
  • Drop Tower(on tower)
  • Delirium
  • Flight Deck(trains)
  • Beast(trains)
  • Back Lot (train)
  • Train(has a red train)

Not to mention the numerous amount of red in Planet Snoopy.

My point?

I'll take lime green over red, any day.

• Like 4

Honestly, i have to agree with HTC when it comes to the color red. It seems like we have too much of it in the park. I would like a purple track and black supports or bright blue supports and dark blue track (although i doubt they would do blue again because of leviathan).

Ok so what we know so far:

We are getting a lime green B&M steel coaster named Banshee.

That's most likely for the wing coaster opening in Asia.

What are your sources on this? Just wondering.
  • Like 1

Guest Department47

I love Sheikra but why would we need a dive coaster? It's just pointless to me...

Why? Cause they've proven guest-favorites at both Busch Gardens parks and could be a great marketing tool for Kings Island. Even if some enthusiasts dislike it or consider it bland, the general public still finds them thrilling.
  • Like 2

I love Sheikra but why would we need a dive coaster? It's just pointless to me...

Why? Cause they've proven guest-favorites at both Busch Gardens parks and could be a great marketing tool for Kings Island. Even if some enthusiasts dislike it or consider it bland, the general public still finds them thrilling.
Same to you what are your sources on this info?

I want a puce color coaster. No - make that tutti-frutti.

I don't mean to upset anyone (I know I will) but do you all know how ridiculous you sound? What the hell difference does the color of a friggin' ride got to do with anything? I mean - geez - this topic is about decoding, not preferences. IF it's a coaster or if it's not a coaster, the color is not gonna keep anyone off of it. My god - the general public could give a rat's ass as to what color a ride is. Besides that, when a re-painting is done, the color can be changed - as it often is. Look at Scooby-Doo, I mean Beastie, I mean Fairly Odd Coaster, I mean Woodstock Express (hummm - I gues the names can change too!).

Furthermore, I don't care what color you want, nor do I care what color it will be - I'd like to see some detective work and some facts, which is what this topic is supposed to be about.

• Like 19