Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

True, the only facts right now are what we can see, but there are still some logical deductions that can be made.

1. Whatever it is, I would argue that a main goal will be to remove any and all memory of SOB, and the nightmare it became. Two conclusions can be drawn from this. First, it will be a major install, meaning, something large...something that is not a wild mouse. :) In other words, a big coaster. Second, it will not be wood, for obvious reasons.

2. Construction has started really early. The only logical conclusion to be reached from this is "big".

So with those two points, the first just being logical inference, and the second a fact, we come to the same conclusion: big coaster. (most likely steel).

3. It is a fact that Banshee has been resurrected, and with the "evil phenom" writing, we just may have a name. This is the weakest of the bunch, though, IMO.

4. Cedar Fair has been in love with B & M lately, and nothing erases a history of maintence nightmares like a B & M. Hence, Gatekeeper. Intamin burned a lot of bridges lately with Cedar Point's series of unfrotuante events, the latest being the disappointing STR.

5. Kings Island is the only "flagship-esque" park in the entire chain that does not have a giga coaster.

6. B & M recently started building gigas.

And so, we come to the only logical conclusion:

B & M giga named Banshee. :)

See how easy that is?

• Like 6

Look, I'm not saying I don't want one. I'm just saying you can't just go, "This is the ride being put in because I like this type of coaster".

What? But that's the point of this thread isn't it. Say what you want KI to get, and everything to the contrary is diversion or ridiculous.

I believe this thread is about "Decoding" the possible 2014 ride. I assume that means predicting the new ride based on past evidence and solid facts(that we have so far).

Not to be confused with 'LOLOLZ I WANT A DIVE MACHINE SI THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE GETTING LOLOLz'. And simply ending it there, with no solid reasoning other that its an 'incredible experience that KI deserves'.

So lets think while we predict. That's been my point all along.

Please see my post - #330

I can't wait to see what Kings Island has instore for us in 2014. I hope its a record breaking giga coaster that is different from any other roller coaster in the world.

If it's just a giga coaster, then it won't break the records for height, and probably not for speed. Maybe longest giga coaster?

I don't think the new ride at Kings Island will be called Banshee, Mantis at Cedar Point was going to be called Banshee, but was cancelled because the name has a negative connotation.

That was just under 20 years ago. They just filed for the name, why wouldn't they use it? Kings Island had a coaster named "Demon" a long time ago. How is that ok, but not Banshee?

• Like 1

Don't a lot of coaster names have negative connotation? Hades, Tower of Terror, Diamondback, Saw, Rage, Buzz Saw, TN Tornado ... I don't really understand that. Is Banshee any more negative than The Beast? The ride is supposed to scare you, and so should the name. Banshee is a good name, but unfortunately has already been discussed which takes some of the effectiveness away.

Anyone ever thought that Kings Island might get on the same bandwagon as other parks by building an Intamin wooden roller coaster such as El Toro? What about the possibility of them installing a Gravity group roller coaster such as Voyage?

Just saying; it's obvious that Kings Island is grandest of the Cedar Fair parks that does not have a giga coaster. I am not at all suggesting this is a "necessity", but if I was forced to bet on one option and one option only, this is currently it.

..And thats brings back the whole Conversation as to whether Kings Island can actually Have a Coaster very much taller than 300' due to the proximity to The Airport.

Lebanon-Warren county airport is 7.85 Miles from the park while Cedar Point is only 3.12 miles from Griffing Sandusky Airport.

Airport height restrictions doesn't seem like a very logical excuse for not being able to build beyond a certain height when you take that into account. But still good thinking.

Anyone ever thought that Kings Island might get on the same bandwagon as other parks by building an Intamin wooden roller coaster such as El Toro? What about the possibility of them installing a Gravity group roller coaster such as Voyage?

No way on God's green earth they will build a wooden coaster on that particular plot of land. They're trying to make us forget Son of Beast, and if they built a woodie there, the GP would confuse it for Son of Beast, declare that it killed people, got stuck in the loop and is sinking, and therefore refuse to ride it.

• Like 7

Why would they build another wooden coaster after just destroying one that failed tremendously?

No way on God's green earth they will build a wooden coaster on that particular plot of land. They're trying to make us forget Son of Beast, and if they built a woodie there, the GP would confuse it for Son of Beast, declare that it killed people, got stuck in the loop and is sinking, and therefore refuse to ride it.

Yet Six Flags Magic Mountain put Apocalypse on Psyclone's spot just as one example.

Uhhh, what park's bandwagon are you talking about? There are only four Intamin plug n plays in the world.

• Like 1

This is something that nobody has really mentioned, so I figured I might. They removed the water tower from the center of AZ. This is just wishful thinking but what if this new ride came out there. Like example a coaster that you can walk under parts of. (Like Diamondback). It would bring a lot more action to the area having that right there above you. Action it needs...

• Like 4

Hm, haven't posted in a while, figured this would be a good topic to hop back into. I think it's going to be a steel coaster, B&M, or Intamin. Not even going to hop into names just yet. I for one would love to see something with various inversions, a little like Vortex, but with boomerang like inversions, and maybe a few other inversions that most coasters don't have. I think it'll be something unique, and something a little bit of a theme like SoB, but not SoB. Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts.

• Like 1

Yet Six Flags Magic Mountain put Apocalypse on Psyclone's spot just as one example.

Psyclone didn't have an incident where 26 people sustained injuries leading to its first closure, followed several years later by another involving a woman suffering a head injury leading to its second, permanent closure. There won't be a wooden coaster in that spot for next year, no matter WHO builds it.

• Like 3