Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Nice! Without sound footing and knowledge one often does not have a leg to stand on when discussing such situations. Not to mention when the subject at hand is related to footings (although not directly what your post was referencing).

Interesting discussion to be sure. The airport height restriction is likely not at issue - 7sm north would only be a problem if lebanon-warren co had an instrument approach/departure that made such an object a hazard, and that's generally considered to be within the first 500' above ground level at the approach/departure end of the airport. There's a tower nearby that reaches 1000' AGL and I have to tell you, that puppy is right up there with you... I've been looking at a Cincinnati sectional (I fly) and there are many such obstructions near KI, but none on approach/departure from the airports nearby. That doesn't mean that KI has no zoning restrictions, but they also have leverage to change zoning being one of the top income sources in Mason. As to the wishlist, I'm in the Strata camp, if it's going to be enough to draw from KD, Carowinds, Worlds of Fun, and relieve some of the congestion at CP, but it's easy enough to think they'd build a winged too. I guess we'll see what's cooking as it shapes up! :lol:

• Like 3

Wow, after reading all of the posts from just the past 2 days (you guys sure talk a lot), I'm predicting a Banshee Vs. Pterodactyl dueling wing coaster. It's the epic battle that none of us thought we wanted to see....until now. That's why they need all that land and have started early.

That would be BA!

Too bad dueling coasters are now considered 'dangerous'.

• Like 3

I don't see why they couldn't put air plane warning lights onto the roller coaster to show that there is an tall object there at night. I mean they do it with radio towers and powers plants JK. LOL

Who know's but I do feel like that Action Zone does go down hill a bit more then some other parts of the park.

The main reason, for such a slope, is due to the creek (the creek that goes underneath Top Gun er Flight Decks station) that flows through that area. Erosion and rain, elements of nature.

Again, that is NOT the way FAA height restrictions work.

http://www.kaplankirsch.com/files/Protecting%20Airports%20from%20height%20obstructions_PJK.pdf

Posting of the above link does not imply endorsement of the provider of information contained therein, but rather is intended for the general elucidation of the readers of this forum. Nor is it intended that the contained information apply specifically to a particular site in Warren County, Ohio. The reader is advised to seek specific help as to his or her site as circumstances may require. No diversion from the usual professional sources for such assistance is suggested, intended or advised.

No, Federal Aviation Regulation Part 77 controls height restrictions.. Advisory Circulars (AC) are advisory only. A lawyers opinion is irrelevant. The highest (controlling) obstacle for Warren County airport is SSW, 1898 msl, as depicted on the I68 RNAV 1 Approach procedure. I'd stake my instrument instructor certificate on it.

Still hoping for an B & M inverter.

I don't think the new ride at Kings Island will be called Banshee, Mantis at Cedar Point was going to be called Banshee, but was cancelled because the name has a negative connotation.

That was just under 20 years ago. They just filed for the name, why wouldn't they use it? Kings Island had a coaster named "Demon" a long time ago. How is that ok, but not Banshee?

My thoughts exactly...what is so bad about Banshee compared to other names that have been used?

• Like 1

The speculations that have been posted are indeed interesting, to say the least. I will camp with those that are patient, and let the process evolve. The only true facts we have, is that a LARGE area of the park has been cleared, and they are pouring footers. I know, boring post. But I like to keep my $0.02 in the bank, until I see reason to invest it.

• Like 9

But the fun isn't in the height alone. Yes, the first drop of The Beast is magnificent, but riding the terrain is a big part of the ride for me. There are at least five fear zones on The Beast for me.

How many people have taken a first timer on The Beast and have them crap themselves in panic at the Helix? They all think they are going to sail off the side. The runaway feeling of The Beast is the kicker, the drop is just one part of the thrill.

• Like 6

So, guys, do you think we'll see any significant changes to the construction area this weekend? I plan on going just to take some pictures.

I would assume so, today's a good day for pouring footers.

Of course, significant change in construction to a formen running the job might be different than significant changes to a park visitor taking pictures from the Eiffel Tower. None the less, I'm looking forward to the updates as they come.

So, guys, do you think we'll see any significant changes to the construction area this weekend? I plan on going just to take some pictures.

I would only call it significant if footers have been added outside TA's old lot. Then I will start thinking about maybe a coaster.

I'm pretty sure the drilling dozer is to drill footer holes. Try to see the location of it and just look for iron stakes group in four with yellow/orange tops. ( I'm pretty sure those are where footers will be poured.) Thank you. As in significant changes well probably not but more basic foundation work. ( footers :P ahhaha) Also if you can get a differnt angles other then what we already have that would be great! But I'mma not be picky and exspect much to be done! :P

I hope you're not planning to ride many rides if you come Saturday. Music in the Parks will be held that day plus the regular Saturday crowds and fair weather it's going to be packed to say the least.

• Like 4

I hope you're not planning to ride many rides if you come Saturday. Music in the Parks will be held that day plus the regular Saturday crowds and fair weather it's going to be packed to say the least.

That's why I said "I plan on going just to take some pictures."

• Like 2