Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Banshee - B&M's new flat ride. It's a large Trabant with the Schwabinchen Lady replaced and the Banshee Lady put in her place.

Wouldn't that be a let-down!

What would add to the let down is if King's islands managers built it up to seem like it's something big like a rollercoaster then we get that. :P LOL

Im hoping somebody will post some more pictures,I plan on going to the park depending on the weather tonight,I would already be there but felt bad about taking my daughter out of pre-school two fridays in a row,especially when I just paid the bill! Im anxious to see if footers are moving into SOB old grounds.

Not necessarily to those, but I, for some reason, do think the entrance will be between slingshot and Adventure Express. I have no proof, or justified causes to believe this, its just a hunch. I also do realize it would be much easier, and more convenient, to have its entrance in Action Zone (wanted to cover my tracks before someone called me an idiot :rolleyes:) which is probably where it in fact is going.

• Like 1

Not necessarily to those, but I, for some reason, do think the entrance will be between slingshot and Adventure Express. I have no proof, or justified causes to believe this, its just a hunch. I also do realize it would be much easier, and more convenient, to have its entrance in Action Zone (wanted to cover my tracks before someone called me an idiot :rolleyes:) which is probably where it in fact is going.

But then that would pull people away from AZ, More than likely the entrance will be around the old TA entrance, if not incorporated into the queue for the new ride.

• Like 1

But then that would pull people away from AZ, More than likely the entrance will be around the old TA entrance, if not incorporated into the queue for the new ride.

Exactly...imo Oktoberfest needs a new attraction before AZ.

Will it probably happen? No. Do I want it to happen? Yes!

Oktoberfest is hardly an area at this point. All it consists of is: Bier Garten, Delirium, Slingshot, and Adventure Express. I don't think Viking Fury can really be considered a part of Oktoberfest.

That being said Action Zone still needs this attraction more since it's a much larger area, and has more potential. Also Oktoberfest is already congested by Slingshot, imagine what the queue for a new roller coaster would do to the area. :blink:

• Like 1

Oktoberfest is hardly an area at this point. All it consists of is: Bier Garten, Delirium, Slingshot, and Adventure Express. I don't think Viking Fury can really be considered a part of Oktoberfest.

That being said Action Zone still needs this attraction more since it's a much larger area, and has more potential. Also Oktoberfest is already congested by Slingshot, imagine what the queue for a new roller coaster would do to the area. :blink:

Viking Fury is not a part of Oktoberfest?? Then what is it a part of? :blink:

If you put the exit and entrance in different places it could work. Just my opinion though.

Looks like they're just building a muddy pond. That's not very exciting.

All cool things start out as a muddy pond. Proof? Florida.

Proof? Diamondback

Viking Fury is not a part of Oktoberfest?? Then what is it a part of? :blink:

If you put the exit and entrance in different places it could work. Just my opinion though.

I don't know, floating around International Street area...

• Like 1

Delirium is technically in Action Zone.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/rides/Thrill-Rides-12-14-11-44/Delirium

Also Viking Fury is in Oktoberfest:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/rides/Family-Rides/Viking-Fury

• Like 3

Any guesses on which direction the lift hill will point?

Or where the station will go?

Given the fact that SOB's station still stands, I bet there's a more than good chance that it will become the station for the new ride, since it's a lot cheaper to touch up the station than build anew. CF is not going to keep a station just for Haunt. It was meant to serve a short term purpose until its new main purpose can be utilized much like The Bat station became Vortex's station.

• Like 1

there's a picture floating around somewhere like on page 6 of this thread the highlights that person's guess as to the transfer station and loading station. As another week has gone by, it appears that person's guess was pretty spot on. Loading station, somewhere behind Sling Shot, entrance between the little gap that used (perhaps still does) hold seating behind delirum, just past the ice cream place, right by the old water tower. We used to sit there and catch the fireworks while eating an ice cream, my guess is that the line start there, wraps under the track and comes up to the station w/ a set of stairs just behind Sling Shot (which would be a similar path to how the entrance que works at Diamondback.

If that is all correct, than that would still enable them the use of SOB's loading station down the line, if they decided.