Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I couldn't find anything in Warren county permit search. Just looking at the picture and other B&M construction pictures, this is defiantly a B&M coaster

going in.

kicoaster2014.jpg

Bumping to give Brian the credit for the prediction that I mentioned above. Whip him w/ a wet noodle should he be wrong :)

(edit: got page bumped, wish they would have strong together so my post went w/ brian's prediction/observation.

Any guesses on which direction the lift hill will point?

Or where the station will go?

Given the fact that SOB's station still stands, I bet there's a more than good chance that it will become the station for the new ride, since it's a lot cheaper to touch up the station than build anew. CF is not going to keep a station just for Haunt. It was meant to serve a short term purpose until its new main purpose can be utilized much like The Bat station became Vortex's station.

I do agree with you that that would make sense and save money; but, that station was made for a wooden coaster, not a steel coaster. They would probably have to do work around it to make the track fit properly. And, what if the trains were larger than the SoB trains and didn't fit? Also, from the work that we have seen so far, it really looks like the queue, station, and transfer track will be located where Thunder Alley previously stood.

• Like 2

I think a Gatekeeper like wing coaster or a Top Thrill Dragster/Millenium Force crossover ride that will be the tallest, fastes, longest coaster in the world with lots of inversions and be heavily themed!

Given the fact that SOB's station still stands, I bet there's a more than good chance that it will become the station for the new ride, since it's a lot cheaper to touch up the station than build anew. CF is not going to keep a station just for Haunt. It was meant to serve a short term purpose until its new main purpose can be utilized much like The Bat station became Vortex's station.

No way...they may use the SOB station somewhere down the road for another ride, but, for the forseeable future, will be a haunt attraction. If you actually take a little time, and look at the photo of the lay of the land, what you are insinuating would be impossible, short of tearing out the restrooms.

Station will be behind Slingshot, lift hill will go out towards where the SOB first drop was.

I do agree with you that that would make sense and save money; but, that station was made for a wooden coaster, not a steel coaster. They would probably have to do work around it to make the track fit properly. And, what if the trains were larger than the SoB trains and didn't fit? Also, from the work that we have seen so far, it really looks like the queue, station, and transfer track will be located where Thunder Alley previously stood.

I guess we'll find out when track begins to show up! seems like decent progress is being made, so hopefully this will begin to go vertical by haunt.

From looking at the footers,I would say there is almost zero chance of SOBs station being used. See also the Cyrpt building,being used only for Haunt,its been stated over and over.

I think a Gatekeeper like wing coaster or a Top Thrill Dragster/Millenium Force crossover ride that will be the tallest, fastes, longest coaster in the world with lots of inversions and be heavily themed!

Matt Ouimet can't blow all his allowance on Kings Island you know...

Anybody going up today? I may not be able to make it until next week. Might stop up sat for a little while to take pictures.

Prob tomorrow - not looking good for today tho.

I will prob hold out till tomorrow morning unless it dries up around 7 like my boy Frank Marzullo is saying its going to.

I couldn't find anything in Warren county permit search. Just looking at the picture and other B&M construction pictures, this is defiantly a B&M coaster

going in.

kicoaster2014.jpg

Bumping to give Brian the credit for the prediction that I mentioned above. Whip him w/ a wet noodle should he be wrong :)

(edit: got page bumped, wish they would have strong together so my post went w/ brian's prediction/observation.

and given this picture:

You can see why it could be possible to have the entrance between slingshot and Adventure Express, with the exit sending people out into AZ. Again unlikely, but that's just my hunch.

U wot m8?

I'm sorry, but this seems like a troll attempt.

I just have a question, real quick...why do you always write like you're Australian? lol...

• Like 7

There would be plenty of room for the queue line to the back of Delirium, near where the entrance to TA was.

I think you'll see, similar to DB, the entrance and exit in close proximity, where the exit will dump into a gift shop, then into Action Zone, or whatever it will be called...unless, of course, they move/remove Slingshot.

There would be plenty of room for the queue line to the back of Delirium, near where the entrance to TA was.

I think you'll see, similar to DB, the entrance and exit in close proximity, where the exit will dump into a gift shop, then into Action Zone, or whatever it will be called...unless, of course, they move/remove Slingshot.

Probably more ideal. Its just my biased opinion wanting the entrance in Oktoberfest. I did, however, state that I thought it would be going into AZ though.

Anybody going up today? I may not be able to make it until next week. Might stop up sat for a little while to take pictures.

I will prob hold out till tomorrow morning unless it dries up around 7 like my boy Frank Marzullo is saying its going to.

The rain stopped 20 minutes ago, and there are no lines anywhere but Flight of Fear. Just rerode the front seat of beast twice.

EDIT: Flight of Fear is also a walk-on.

• Like 9

U wot m8?

I'm sorry, but this seems like a troll attempt.

I just have a question, real quick...why do you always write like you're Australian? lol...

Perhaps he has gotten the case of Boomerang Bay-itis. Its a terrible plague that has struck many KI enthusiasts...

• Like 2

The rain stopped 20 minutes ago, and there are no lines anywhere but Flight of Fear. Just rerode the front seat of beast twice.

EDIT: Flight of Fear is also a walk-on.

I'm on my way up now!! I will be at DB in 10 min..
  • Like 1

Part of what I heard from someone in the know, who may or may not be on this site, is that Son of Beast was tore down, due to complaints about noise from Great Wolf Lodge and the area it covered is going to be turned into an all new campground.

• Like 1

SOB was torn down due to complaints and lawsuits due to injuries caused by the very rough ride and not by the Great Wolf Lodge complaining about it being too loud. You must remember Son of Beast was built before the GWL was constructed and they knew about it. It is like someone moving near a very busy interstate highway and then complaining about the loud noise from the heavy traffic. That type of a "rumor" is something even the Dippin Dot guy would not spread. :)

• Like 3