Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

What I'm wondering about this construction is why the trees between the Thunder Alley space and SOB space haven't been cleared?....

....Although when building The Beast, it was instructed to leave as many trees as possible, so maybe there is a reason for it?...

Diamondback's first hill goes directly over top of the old fashioned photos building. If where the footers are is the station and the ride were to go directly into a lift hill, they wouldn't necessarily have to clear those trees. (all hypothetical)

• Like 6

Well I went for about an hour today but the park was full I never rode anything. I did try and get some better pics of the construction but there's not really much going on.

9C463776-E722-471C-A7FF-C6C382F2BA43-808

It was really nice though to just walk around the park and shop and take in the sites and smells. This was my 6th time there this year and my first time "stopping to smell the roses".

This is probably my favorite picture of Racer.

I got it, a new coaster emerging from the ruins of 2 former coasters, we shall call it King Beast!

• Like 3

Come on, it's KI. When have they NOT left some footers from large coasters?

Heck, there's still a Skyride footer in the Oktoberfest pond, unless the refurb of the Bier Garten patio removed it.

I can understand leaving the Skyride one, it's in water and by the deck. The Cobra ones aren't exactly in a difficult to get to place and aren't exactly astheticly pleasing. Though for all I know it could be costly to remove them :P

^ You also forget that those footers, from King Cobra, are hardly visible. Especially to the general public. The odds of them seeing the footers are about as good as my odds of making it to the NHL (unless, of course, they go up the ET to get a better view at our, super special, secret project). So, why remove them if most never see them?

- Tusk, just making observation(s)

• Like 3

^ I think Cedar Fair has learned their lesson in entrance plaza's. Most of the, recent, coaster plaza's they have been building have a very nice feel to them. Nice,neatly, landscaped entrances do wonders for a ride's entrance appeal imo.

• Like 4

Not sure why I'm spending lunch time contributing to this.

My vote would be for a coaster with a ride experience you cannot get anywhere else- that is so unique to KI that you have to come here to experience it. Not sure exactly what a "giga" is- but sounds tall and fast- so why spend millions on a larger version of Diamondback with a mirrored experience in just about every thrill park in the country. ie- why travel all the way to Kings Dominion to experience "Intimidator 305"- its essentially the same'ish, albeit 50-60 feet.

The Beast, have to come to KI to experience it.

Son of Beast (experienced rather sipped)- but you had to come to KI to get it.

TR:TR- I may be mistaken, but wasn't it the only one indoors with the ride show?- again, had to come to KI for it.

FOF- there may be one other, but they are the only two enclosed.

• Like 10

Sorry, but I-305 at Kings Dominion is absolutely nothing like Diamondback. I'd say I-305 at KD is a very unique coaster actually. Now comparing Diamondback to Leviathan would have made a little more sense...

• Like 4

But atleast they left the SoB station. I like how they keep relics of most of the rides.

I personally do not like how they left The Crypt building and SoB's station. I think they are eye soars and waste room for future expansion. But, Im not in charge and I cant change anything!

• Like 4

But atleast they left the SoB station. I like how they keep relics of most of the rides.

I personally do not like how they left The Crypt building and SoB's station. I think they are eye soars and waste room for future expansion. But, Im not in charge and I cant change anything!

The eyeSORES are being used as Halloween Haunts, one of them a GREAT one (Crypt), for the forseeable future. As long as they are using the structures, I don't see a problem.

• Like 2

It may be nothing, and I don't remember it being mentioned on the previous pages, but as I was in line to ride FoF this weekend, I noticed that the design of the signs and entrance queue are eerily similar to that of the teaser posters...

When I got inside, I noticed 2 posters that were zip tied to the scaffolding, facing the wall away from the spaceship. I don't ever remember those being there? And I didn't get a chance to look at them as I was already past them in line. Is there a chance anyone might be able to take a look at that the next time they're at the park and post if there's any significance to them? Or if anyone remembers them being there before?

• Like 2

We will not be getting a wing rider.

Did anyone see that guy just laying there at 0:12?

I like the guy posing in the background.

I like the idea of variety, too. It's okay to have mainstays, especially in the kids' park, but to have signature coasters in every park makes people want to travel to experience them.

• Like 3