Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I am not up for another megacoaster that is steel and similar in a ride experience to Diamondback. I know it would be somewhat different, but, sorry I am not that interested in building another B and M coaster higher and faster. It needs to go a different route on selecting a new attraction.

Maybe relocate Big Dipper and Raging Wolf Bobs. That would be cool.

Guest Department47

^ You also forget that those footers, from King Cobra, are hardly visible. Especially to the general public. The odds of them seeing the footers are about as good as my odds of making it to the NHL.

They're actually easily visible from Adventure Express' queue line.

http://coasterfusion.com/news.php?extend.449

^ Its a good little TR with lots of pictures of KI construction behind the fence

Although there are some good photos, I'm baffled over the fact that the author openly admitted to breaking not just the park rules, but also Ohio state law:

I know it is against Ohio State Law to bring electronic devices on rides at the park. However, I am a trained professional... Just kidding, no in all seriousness I wanted to get pictures from above and the Tower was too far

• Like 4

With the possibility of a wing rider ruled out, this is a B&M giga until proven otherwise.

A B&M looper/invert being less likely.

I would love to agree, but unless i missed some info, in reality we don't even know if it's a B&M. All we know is there is a fence with a sign and footings being set behind that fence.

• Like 8

With the possibility of a wing rider ruled out, this is a B&M giga until proven otherwise.

I would love to agree, but unless i missed some info, in reality we don't even know if it's a B&M. All we know is there is a fence with a sign and footings being set behind that fence.

Cedar Fair has been installing B&M's almost annually since '08.

• Like 2

Someone quoted mr O at the gate keeper media event, that theyve already agreed to another b & m; with no other viable signs of construction at their other parks I'd say safe bet that b&m is coming to ki, where the footers are being dug.

• Like 5

from pointbuzz.com's live feed of Gatekeeper media day:

Matt Ouimet teases future, saying Rob Decker already given his next challenge.

http://live.pointbuzz.com/Home/Item/1047

Obviously, that is very vague...but just thought I should bring it up. Rob Decker is the Corporate Vice President, Planning & Design. Another early reviewer of Gatekeeper stated that Ouimet teased ""we have given B&M a new job."

there was this..
  • Like 2

...how? Compared to the transfer track footings for Leviathan (here I go again looking to hard into footings), this looks almost nothing like a giga from them. Also, considering Mr. Ouimette's aversion to the installation of another Wing Rider at a different park for 2014, why then would he be up to the idea of installing a coaster that would be a near "replica" of another within the same park? Finally, I'm more inclined to believe this could be a more modest-sized "family" coaster than what some believe, possibly being a Zierer launcher with a "drop" element to rival Verbolten/Thirteen, thanks to the BLSC diversion a while back. Either that, or maybe a floorless Beemer.

...how? Compared to the transfer track footings for Leviathan (here I go again looking to hard into footings), this looks almost nothing like a giga from them. Also, considering Mr. Ouimette's aversion to the installation of another Wing Rider at a different park for 2014, why then would he be up to the idea of installing a coaster that would be a near "replica" of another within the same park? Finally, I'm more inclined to believe this could be a more modest-sized "family" coaster than what some believe, possibly being a Zierer launcher with a "drop" element to rival Verbolten/Thirteen, thanks to the BLSC diversion a while back. Either that, or maybe a floorless Beemer.

Isn't it a bit early to begin building a modest-sized "family" coaster?

One does not simply replace a towering 200+ foot tall wooden coaster that is still fresh in everyone's mind, with another something like BLSC in the same park.

Diamondback is a huge hit, is it crazy to think people want more of it? See Canada's Wonderland...

Edited by DontWantToWait42mar0
  • Like 1

I'm just hoping it's a fast, fun, family friendly coaster somewhat like BLSC but much better. I know that sounds lame but when I need a crazy fix I just head up to CP. Something like the Raptor would be great for Action Zone too, most of my family and friends don't care for anything higher than 200ft so I wouldn't mind something less intense to enjoy with more people I know. Don't get me wrong, we get anything above 300ft,Im going to be smiling ear to ear, I might just have to ride solo on occasion!

• Like 1

Blue Fire is nothing like BLSC, It is more like Maverick and from what I hear pretty intense. Mack can make the ride as intense as Rob Decker and the park wants! A ground hugging coaster using the terrain, Maverick but better would be a great option for that area for the park!

• Like 2

Blue Fire is nothing like BLSC, It is more like Maverick and from what I hear pretty intense. Mack can make the ride as intense as Rob Decker and the park wants! A ground hugging coaster using the terrain, Maverick but better would be a great option for that area for the park!

Would be awesome, but not very likely.

Hasn't it been reported that Dollywood officials toured Europa Park? Making them the more likely suitors for a Mack coaster...

But it seems like Blue Fire has no big characteristics like a leviathan-type coaster.

As we've already heard:

"One does not simply replace a towering 200+ foot tall wooden coaster that is still fresh in everyone's mind, with another something like BLSC in the same park." - DontWantTo

Cedar Fair is really going to have to outdo the Gargantuan Glob of Wood that once stood where supposed "new ride" is going, just because of how big of a loss that ride was to the park. And besides, when was the last time KI added something really big? 4 years ago. Seems like we're really due up for something huge.

Also Mack is a company that is not as well known by Cedar Fair as B&M is. Soo... yeah, it's probably not going to be a Mack. sorry. :(

• Like 2

But it seems like Blue Fire has no big characteristics like a leviathan-type coaster.

As we've already heard:

"One does not simply replace a towering 200+ foot tall wooden coaster that is still fresh in everyone's mind, with another something like BLSC in the same park." - DontWantTo

Cedar Fair is really going to have to outdo the Gargantuan Glob of Wood that once stood where supposed "new ride" is going, just because of how big of a loss that ride was to the park. And besides, when was the last time KI added something really big? 4 years ago. Seems like we're really due up for something huge.

Also Mack is a company that is not as well known by Cedar Fair as B&M is. Soo... yeah, it's probably not going to be a Mack. sorry. :(

I am not saying its a Mack just putting options out there for one..another it doesn't have to be a towering coaster to be a great fun filled ride! As it stands right now know one knows what we are getting at the island, So until we see track it could be anything.

• Like 3

I am not saying its a Mack just putting options out there for one..another it doesn't have to be a towering coaster to be a great fun filled ride! As it stands right now know one knows what we are getting at the island, So until we see track it could be anything.

Could be anything, although most likely is B&M. They did deliver with Diamondback, and from what I have read, every other Cedar Fair coaster as of late...might as well stay in a close relationship with them.

• Like 1

I agree it does make sense for them to use B&M, but Intamin builds quality and has the versatility to build anything. Intamin dominates CP and barely has a footprint in KI. I'm just saying we don't really know yet. I agree with you, B&M did deliver with Diamondback. The area that has been cleared, appears to be very large. I can't help but think it's been cleared mainly for this ride we are beginning to see footings for. In looking at the footings for Leviathan and I-305, the ones we see do appear to be smallish in comparison. But there's so much space.

One thing people assume here is that Behemoth and Leviathan are virtually the same except different heights. That is totally untrue. It is similar to comparing Superman the Ride (SFA or Darien Lake) to Intimidator 305. Both are Intamin rides but provide much different ride experiences. Having said that Kings Dominion got Intimidator 305 in 2010 which is Intamin.

Since 2007, CF steel coaster installations

2007 Maverick (Intamin), Sierra Sidewinder (Mack)

2008 Behemoth (B&M)

2009 Diamondback (B&M)

2010 Intimidator (B&M), Intimidator 305 (Intamin)

2011 (none?)

2012 Leviathan (B&M)

2013 Gatekeeper (B&M)

2014 at KI and KBF

I guess we will see how these turn out.

• Like 2