Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Blue Fire is nothing like BLSC, It is more like Maverick and from what I hear pretty intense. Mack can make the ride as intense as Rob Decker and the park wants! A ground hugging coaster using the terrain, Maverick but better would be a great option for that area for the park!

But it seems like Blue Fire has no big characteristics like a leviathan-type coaster.

As we've already heard:

"One does not simply replace a towering 200+ foot tall wooden coaster that is still fresh in everyone's mind, with another something like BLSC in the same park." - DontWantTo

Cedar Fair is really going to have to outdo the Gargantuan Glob of Wood that once stood where supposed "new ride" is going, just because of how big of a loss that ride was to the park. And besides, when was the last time KI added something really big? 4 years ago. Seems like we're really due up for something huge.

Also Mack is a company that is not as well known by Cedar Fair as B&M is. Soo... yeah, it's probably not going to be a Mack. sorry. :(

I am not saying its a Mack just putting options out there for one..another it doesn't have to be a towering coaster to be a great fun filled ride! As it stands right now know one knows what we are getting at the island, So until we see track it could be anything.

Someone knows.

Tusk - being eerily similar to Terpy

• Like 2

When we went up into the Eiffel Tower yesterday I was looking to see if any differences had come up from the pictures that have been posted here, and I wasn't seeing any yet. Looks like they threw the footers down quickly and are just focusing on land clearing. Time will tell.

I kind of followed the I-305 construction, and they were getting the parts in before they had set any footers or cleared the land. With KI setting footers and already having cleared the land, I would assume we will start seeing parts come in very soon. From there we should be able to determine the company. I just hope they bring back Montel for the announcement. He did such a stellar job with SOB. He was smooth and looked totally comfortable. Now to insert the <sarcasm> tag.

• Like 2

I just realized this while watching the Gatekeeper POV. What if where everyone is thinking where this "station" might be. What if it was a brake section where the cars are slowed down, probably wrong, just an idea no one brought up yet.

Here are the construction pics I took today. All pictures were taken legally from Eiffel Tower :)

8743501434_f2cacc2f3b.jpg
Construction #1 by oldiesmann, on Flickr

8742385377_d34c4a7306.jpg
Construction #2 by oldiesmann, on Flickr

8743503094_ef3004d835.jpg
Construction #3 by oldiesmann, on Flickr

8743503602_1f0a9c13d5.jpg
Construction #4 by oldiesmann, on Flickr

(Sorry for the last one being blurry - it was very windy on top of the tower at the time).

• Like 10

8742385377_d34c4a7306.jpg

Construction #2 by oldiesmann, on Flickr

The footings to the right in this photo look like the transfer track that everyone has been talking about and I agree with that, but what on earth is to the left and bottom? My first assumption is station but not that I'm observing closer, I have absolutely no idea. Does anyone?

EDIT: I would LOVE some more high res photos of the whole area. Because I think I vaguely see some footers or something in the far back right section of the clearing. As well as quite a bit of new activity right behind Slingshot. (looks somewhat similar to Diamondback's early station work) along with alot of stakes in that area. Disclaimer: Everythings blurry zoomed in, so I'm just assuming here. My eyes may be deceiving me.

After riding Delirium, Flight Deck, Adventure Express, and Drop Tower a couple times yesterday, It was very apparent all concrete work was focused on the area that the go karts sat on, and a tiny bit directly behind Delirium. It did appear that the footers that people are saying for transfer track are a lot closer together than those for Diamondback, not that that necessarily matters. Also, that whole area seems a bit odd/jumbled to me. I personally don't see any of the concrete "lining up" to be for something like a brake run to station.

The footer hole digger thingy (no clue about its actual name) was sitting just behind Sling Shot. In that area, it looked like there was a larger, almost triangular footer, sorta like the one for Diamondback's turnaround.

I looked as much as I could, and I didn't see anything but a couple bulldozers sitting where the majority of SOB used to (out in the valleys; on a side note, none of these pictures do justice to the change of elevation and topography of this area).

Just my random observations. Once more starts happening, I'll start taking my nicer camera and zoom lens up to KI and take some closer pix.

• Like 5

We will not be getting a wing rider.

Did anyone see that guy just laying there at 0:12?

I like the guy posing in the background.

I like the idea of variety, too. It's okay to have mainstays, especially in the kids' park, but to have signature coasters in every park makes people want to travel to experience them.

Well wouldnt KI have a few rides that are signature coasters, that are not clones of other park's rides (Flight Deck, Beast, Racers, Adventure Express). Mainly due to how each ride uses the land around it to create a unique experience, as oppose to the Stunt Job Ride, Face Off (can never remember its new name), FoF where the rides dont incorporate the land around them and could be found anywehre.

I don't know if it's because I'm tired, but I honestly can't decipher what you are typing.

KI has many signature rides.

I was noting that perhaps only CP would get the wing rider, it would be a signature ride for CP. My point was all CF parks don't have to be exactly alike.

I agree it does make sense for them to use B&M, but Intamin builds quality and has the versatility to build anything. Intamin dominates CP and barely has a footprint in KI. I'm just saying we don't really know yet. I agree with you, B&M did deliver with Diamondback. The area that has been cleared, appears to be very large. I can't help but think it's been cleared mainly for this ride we are beginning to see footings for. In looking at the footings for Leviathan and I-305, the ones we see do appear to be smallish in comparison. But there's so much space.

but Intamin builds quality

Y0UJC.png

I was going to joke about that too. Intafail hopefully remains out of Kings Island coaster lineup.

Not trying to turn this thread into an Intamin vs B&M, but I will just say ... Intafail? No quality? So Milennium Force, Bizarro, Top Thrill Dragster, El Toro, I-305, Cheetah Hunt, Maverick, Formula Rossa, etc, yeah those coasters are garbage. That explains why there's never a line to ride them. Wonder how such a non quality producing company can do it for 35 years.

Thanks for the pics Oldiesmann.

• Like 1

.....Mabe it will be an indoor ride...hence the use of only the one area....Just a thought..

I would think their focus on this one area so far would just be because it's easier to do all the digging and concrete work in one area before lugging everything off to the next section that they would need to work on. At least, that's what I hope it means.

• Like 1

B&Ms are nice, but I'm not here for a larger version of Diamondback. I would rather have an Intamin than another sit down, non inverting B&M coaster. Maverick is my all time favorite coaster with Millennium Force behind that. So I would say Intamin>B&M

• Like 10