Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I hope its not a coaster, only because I don't like to be lied to. If you don't see me posting in the next few months you know why! I was told by Don last season that Kings Island wouldn't see a new coaster for a few years! If I cant trust him? I guess it is what it is? Lies!

Plans change, sometimes many times. Just imagine how upset you'd be had he told you we were getting a huge new ride in 2013, then it never happened.

Don has a job to do.

Don himself may not always know the future park plans.

Even when he does, they may change.

And he's supposed to generate good public relations/marketing for the park, not prematurely spill beans.

How would he do this by telling future plans to park customers?

Marketing/PR isn't in the business of telling everything they know.

For good reason.

• Like 13

Maybe, plus I don't think it'll "dwarf" the Eiffel Tower for similar reasons... the valley it's in is pretty deep. It'll look tall from the outside of the park, but not as tall as it really is. Phantom's Revenge is a good example of a ride that has a drop that's longer than you'd think because of the valley, which is a really cool effect.

Your right, the use of land and surroundings sounds like something Cedar Fair is looking to do with coasters right now, because in Matt's interview for Gatekeeper on media day, he said that they were looking for way to incorporate surroundings and land for the coasters. Ex.) The Beast is a terrain hugging coaster, Another example as you mentioned would be Phantoms Revenge which does have a cool valley drop!

• Like 1

z50ts.jpg

Has DontWantToWait42Mar0 been in tune with the Islands of the Kings all along?

I personally am stoked that we are getting a B&M giga. As I said before, I believe it is the most can't-miss coaster investment given the ride selection of KI, current and past.

At this point, I think they are glad to have created the current "Giga Buzz"

A yearly promotion for Season Pass sales before gold goes away.

Proof of absolutely nothing.

Maybe that's what it is. Maybe not.

Not every communication from the park is a clue.

Sure it doesn't prove anything, but what does your gut tell you?

Do you have a guess at something we might see? Or is it perhaps you aren't able to speak freely on the matter?

Footers are in the ground. Construction is actively taking place. Most everyone agrees its a coaster. Most think its going to be named "Banshee". Most are hoping its going to be a B & M. That is all that is known right now.

• Like 3

Hmm...well, I was looking at Kings Island on google Earth today, and I noticed something interesting...not even related to the 2014 construction much, but to start...(WARNING: Lame Paint Images ahead!)

Hmm1_zps569edaf0.png

Action Zone 2014 with the rumored Giga Coaster. Pink squiggly line is the q-line. The Former AZ water tower is replaced by a huge entry plaza for the new ride. However, the SOB station sits un-used except for the Wolf Pack haunt, until Wolf Pack vanishes for some reason in 2017...Timberwolf Ampitheatre is also destroyed...then, in 2018...

Hmm2_zpsfa0a3045.png

A wing coaster opens, using the old SOB station! :P It uses the old SOB q-line, too.

OK, in all honesty this is actually not very likely. By 2018, Vortex and/or Flight Deck will probably (and sadly) have kicked the bucket, and even if not, the next expansion will probably be in X-Base or something as Action Zone will have just gotten a huge new ride a few years earlier. I just thought it interesting that this possibility even exists... ;)

• Like 5

I can imagine the entire KI team sitting for their morning coffee and thinking of creative ways to establish a brain freeze on these boards. I agree, Don is toying with everyone... and enjoying himself at the same time. I wish I could be in his position, because I'd have the thought processes so screwed up that everyone would be absolutely convinced that KI would be building the world's largest Dippin Dots Stand.

This topic has drained a ton of time for everyone- and provided useless entertainment for the rest.

• Like 6

I can imagine the entire KI team sitting for their morning coffee and thinking of creative ways to establish a brain freeze on these boards. I agree, Don is toying with everyone... and enjoying himself at the same time. I wish I could be in his position, because I'd have the thought processes so screwed up that everyone would be absolutely convinced that KI would be building the world's largest Dippin Dots Stand.

....so sayeth the Dippin' Dots guy!

I know it is very early in the process, but is anyone else a little concerned that we aren't seeing any survey work, stakes or markers being set anywhere other than this one specific area? I was there yesterday and took some pics and was hoping to see a couple orange markers somewhere in the massive dirt area, but i have seen none.

I know it is very early in the process, but is anyone else a little concerned that we aren't seeing and survey work, stakes or markers being set anywhere other than this one specific area? I was there yesterday and took some pics and was hoping to see a couple orange markers somewhere in the massive dirt area, but i have seen none.

Maybe it's gonna be another RCCA attempt?

• Like 1

I, for one, am glad not to know what's going in that area. I like the suspense and I like being surprised. The construction going on behind that fence is going to provide a lot of mystery this summer and half the fun is watching the progress unfold and trying to figure out what it could be exactly. Now there will come a time when there will be no doubt, but until then I'm happy to wait and wonder!

• Like 7

I know it is very early in the process, but is anyone else a little concerned that we aren't seeing and survey work, stakes or markers being set anywhere other than this one specific area? I was there yesterday and took some pics and was hoping to see a couple orange markers somewhere in the massive dirt area, but i have seen none.

Funny. If this is a coaster, especially if it's a big one, we will see the markers and footers expand further, but since we don't know what it is, I can't help but notice there is only work going on in one particular area. The rest of the massive clearing shows no sign of any construction.

Funny. If this is a coaster, especially if it's a big one, we will see the markers and footers expand further, but since we don't know what it is, I can't help but notice there is only work going on in one particular area. The rest of the massive clearing shows no sign of any construction.

This time in 2008, the valley that half of Diamondback exists currently was still tree and brush.