Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

If that trip report is true, that is just what I want to hear! If this is the case, we really should start to see some footers back there being placed. If they are not there in the next month, I will start to doubt this. Hopefully in late July or August we will see some track!

Playing the devil's advocate, I don't believe that trip report as far as I can throw it. And since it's a digital representation of a non-physical entity, I can't throw it very far. (If I'm not mistaken, this is the second time in this thread I've made that joke.)

I remember watching a news video about Diamondback's announcement and the anchor insisted that the layout showed three loops, and the Dinosaurs Alive "map" thing with lines was heavily speculated to be a coaster...and it turned out to be a sidewalk.

As far as I'm concerned, it ain't over until the fat lady sings. Or track pieces show up; whichever comes first.

• Like 5

It ain't over until testing is done and its open to the public, and then, its really not done until they tear it down to make way for KI project 2054 (and let me be the first to predict a 500 ft stand-up dive coaster with the new "trackless" option, allowing every ride to follow a truely unique route, oh and on board dip in dots, the ice cream of the future)

• Like 2

The front/yellow portion is to stand out in the park, the back/tan to blend in with the forested terrain.

I've always wondered why that is

Edit: 800th Post!

Im not sure about this, but I think it is to highlight the hill. Im not sure though.

It's actually because that is what a Diamondback rattle snake typically looks like. It's to make it resemble the snake.

That's not the park's story. Don has explained this many times. And the snakes do not have that change in coloration longitudinally.

• Like 3

2 and 1/2 years ago Shaggy very early on nailed what Dino Alive was going to be. I don't remember which topic it was, but on like the 4th of hundreds of posts he described DA very well and then it quickly got buried in coaster speculation. From experience, I recommend paying close attention to Shaggy's posts.

• Like 9

I remember watching a news video about Diamondback's announcement and the anchor insisted that the layout showed three loops, and the Dinosaurs Alive "map" thing with lines was heavily speculated to be a coaster...and it turned out to be a sidewalk.

I remember this. He believed there were loops, because of the blueprint (it wasn't really a blueprint, but I do not know what else to call it) showed three loop looking elements. What the news anchor did not understand was the view of the leak was from above. We here at KICentral understood this and knew the elements he was referring to were really helices.

Here is the leaked blueprint of Diamondback that was being talked about back then:

Picture+20.png

Now, how long until someone finds something like this in the county records....

• Like 2

I've been wondering if this coaster is going to go out of the land they have cleared right now, and take a turn towards X-Base.

If they are building a giga in the current cleared land, it would seem more like Intamin's I305 rather than B&M's Leviathan.

I have a new diagnosis: Giga itis

• Like 4

And until it is built, I wouldn't believe that drawing for a minute. Consider this:

http://www.thecoastercritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/wpid-20110722154402.jpg

which showed up at Carowinds a couple years ago. It pointed STRONGLY to a HUSS Giant Frisbee. What they got was a WindSeeker. Quite different.

By purchasing 5 WindSeekers at the same time, they probably got a better deal than the quoted Huss price.

• Like 2

I've been wondering if this coaster is going to go out of the land they have cleared right now, and take a turn towards X-Base.

If they are building a giga in the current cleared land, it would seem more like Intamin's I305 rather than B&M's Leviathan.

I so misread this at first.
  • Like 12

I read that as something else at first. lol I know I'm bad.

• Like 6

And until it is built, I wouldn't believe that drawing for a minute. Consider this:

http://www.thecoastercritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/wpid-20110722154402.jpg

which showed up at Carowinds a couple years ago. It pointed STRONGLY to a HUSS Giant Frisbee. What they got was a WindSeeker. Quite different.

If you are referring to the drawing that was in the county records, then I disagree. Official documents and a ground marker are totally different things. One you can fake, which happened, and one is official for a reason. They aren't going to fake documents filed with the county just to throw us off.

If you were referring to the drawing of the little kid at coasterbuzz, then yes I do not believe that drawing.

We went to Kings Island again last Monday with my 2 middle kids (got 4), and their friends. We rode Diamonback 11 times -- the lines were about 5-8 minutes long, not a walk-on like last week Wednesday. Dang. Hopefully Cedar Point lines would be near-walk on next week 28th to 30th.

Anyway, as we made our way through the Action Zone, walking towards Flight Deck, we saw a group of 4 men looking fairly out of the place. 3 were Kings Island park operations admin, I believe. They wore name tags: Jeff, Robb(?) and the other one? The fourth one looked very familiar to me, and I knew I saw him before. He was wearing a pinstriped work shirt.

It finally came to me... was it Rob Decker, VP of Cedar Fair? The one Matt Ouimet issued a challenge for after building Gatekeeper?

I quickly googled Rob Decker and saw a picture of him. Yup! A match.

They were talking and one of them pointed at EXtreme Skyflyer then gestured as if to move the attraction further back. Then they disappeared behind the wooden fences surveying the new construction site.

I thought, darn... I should have approached Rob and asked him, "So, you all are building a B&M Giga, eh?" just to see his reaction. Didn't have that chance.

Then my 12 year old son said he saw the paper clipboard on one of the guys, and it was a black and white park map reduced in size to fit letter size, and he saw a huge red line drawing, looking like a roller coaster up and down out and back.

He said it was huge and after I showed him the map we had and asked him to try and approximate what he saw -- he swears the lines went all way to Firehawk and possibly behind Dinosaurs Alive. It was a brief glance, though.

I quickly asked him -- because I know someone would say its an invert -- if he saw any loops or anything? He paused, thought for a second and said no, he didn't. Just really, really tall compared to anything else in the park map and long out and back line.

My son, an accomplished spy! :-) A father couldn't be more prouder.

Now, I grant it could be a confirmation bias on his part -- I have told him I had a feeling that they would build B&M Giga on that site. But the fact that he was a bit taken back when I asked him if he saw any loops and he had to think on that for a second, and said no.

So, there you have it. A B&M Giga, it is! Well, okay... make that with 98% confidence on my part. :-)

Intresting trip report found on coasterbuzz.

LINK:http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/kings-island-new-coaster-2014/25

Very Interesting, And VERY hard to believe... Guess we'll have to see.....And if it is true, Cool story!

If you are referring to the drawing that was in the county records, then I disagree. Official documents and a ground marker are totally different things. One you can fake, which happened, and one is official for a reason. They aren't going to fake documents filed with the county just to throw us off.

If you were referring to the drawing of the little kid at coasterbuzz, then yes I do not believe that drawing.

I was referring to the one from the little kid. If county records showed up, I'd have to believe those.

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed the last line on the teaser posters is a sticker covering something else. I saw one yesterday that was sort of peeled away at the left but couldn't bring myself to try and peel it back and saw what's underneath.

I so misread this at first.

I got some Giga Tits too.

Oh wait, Nevermind.......

• Like 15

Looking through the Warren County Property Search website and found a recent "Memo" regarding Kings Island's Jeff Gramke whom is the manager of facilities, engineering, and construction at Kings Island but not much info, just his phone number and fax number.....

But the most recent "memo" is one regarding "state easement" of 96.26 acres....At Kings Island..?

http://www.co.warren.oh.us/auditor/property_search/memos.asp?account_nbr=1202233

Anyone sure what most of this means?..