Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

But is all of their land listed under one parcel? I know that Coney Island in Cincinnati is listed under multiple parcels.

All of the other parcels are relatively all and greatly adjusted downward:

http://www.co.warren.oh.us/auditor/property_search/prop_grid.asp?strSQL_CMD=SELECT+%2A+FROM+CAMAWEB%2EPRPTY+WHERE+1+%3D+1++AND+OWNER%5FNAME+LIKE+%27KINGS%25%27+AND+OWNER%5FNAME+LIKE+%27%25ISLAND%25%27+AND+OWNER%5FNAME+LIKE+%27%25+COMPANY%25%27+ORDER+BY+Owner%5FName

So after looking at rcdb.com for the last little bit, I have to say the construction so far looks a lot more like Patriot than Leviathan. As close as the footings are it sure seems more likely there would be supports on both sides of the track like an inverted (in the station/brake run areas). I still refuse to rule out anything but a B&M Invert is still my guess. I'd post comparing pictures but I'm on my phone but heres a link of Patriot during construction. http://rcdb.com/3244.htm?p=14007

^not a bad observation

So who's excited about the family bathroom?! :lol:

Also for the kid talking about what he saw on the clip board, that just sounds too fake. I mean come on, if they were to put in a new ride, the last thing they would do is put it on a park map. If they were to be comparing it to the land they would have an aerial image like the one TTD posted of DB back on page 42. Whether or not this "trip report" is real, i really don't care. But it sure is causing a lot of buzz and I like It!

I would like to point out that Kings Island hasn't done anything that I know of to suggest against a 300+ foot giga coaster, although there has been possible* hints towards it.

Now I'm not saying this is the end all be all, but when blood is in the water about this mystery construction being a giga, I feel it would be unwise to allow people to go along with this "Giga Buzz" for no reason.

If they don't deliver with a giga, then it's now more of a possibility people will be less enthusiastic about what it ends up being instead.

I retract this statement. Having become aware of new details, I can no longer standbythis.

Back to the think tank to hatch an updated hypothesis. ;)

• Like 2

Apparently through one of my sources, ride parts have arrived and are being stored in the coaster graveyard building behind/next to Firehawk. My source did not personally see these parts or anything but as it was relayed to said source that it was indeed a coaster but did not verify manufacturer or type...Hopefully people can elaborate on this a tad?

Also can anyone get hi res zoom in on the footers being poured and set. That is a slight indication of ride type as B&M vs Intamin vs. ect do quite different footers

Apparently through one of my sources, ride parts have arrived and are being stored in the coaster graveyard building behind/next to Firehawk. My source did not personally see these parts or anything but as it was relayed to said source that it was indeed a coaster but did not verify manufacturer or type...Hopefully people can elaborate on this a tad?

Also can anyone get hi res zoom in on the footers being poured and set. That is a slight indication of ride type as B&M vs Intamin vs. ect do quite different footers

Pics or it didn't happen.

• Like 4

Right lol I told the source the same thing haha. They're keeping a lookout for everything as I'm trying to figure everything out myself. I guess if anyone can get over by Firehawk try taking a look I guess. I've looked at what I believe the building is but not entirely sure. KI is now forced to be my home park as I'm now stationed at WPAFB. Home park always was CP, but that's changed :P

They were working diligently yesterday, working on a freshly poured footer, a HUGE one, over near where the ride station would be located, in a ravine between there the current footers are, and Slingshot. Also, moving and compacting dirt on the hill behind where the current work is going on.

Many new footers dug since last weeks trip, in the same area as the current work being done.

2 and 1/2 years ago Shaggy very early on nailed what Dino Alive was going to be. I don't remember which topic it was, but on like the 4th of hundreds of posts he described DA very well and then it quickly got buried in coaster speculation. From experience, I recommend paying close attention to Shaggy's posts.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23400-planning/#entry415878

;)

• Like 1

I would like to point out that Kings Island hasn't done anything that I know of to suggest against a 300+ foot giga coaster, although there has been possible* hints towards it.

Now I'm not saying this is the end all be all, but when blood is in the water about this mystery construction being a giga, I feel it would be unwise to allow people to go along with this "Giga Buzz" for no reason.

If they don't deliver with a giga, then it's now more of a possibility people will be less enthusiastic about what it ends up being instead.

I retract this statement. Having become aware of new details, I can no longer standbythis.

Back to the think tank to hatch an updated hypothesis. ;)

What are these new details that have caused you to change what was once a seemingly assured mind?

Have you driven a Ford....lately?

If the answer is "no" could it be because the Ford 300 hasnt been out since the early 60's? Or because the Maverick ceased in the 70's? The Zephyr? Ford made a 500. The previsouly discussed Mustang?

The Focus of this Probe has really made me an Explorer.

• Like 6

I'm not jumping on the giga coaster just yet. I wouldn't mind a giga at the park as that'd be extremely exciting to see how they'd work it into the landscape and floiage. Plus to have a coaster that is at the level of above the Eiffel Tower would be exciting. Hopefully I'll have more details later, as of now that's as much as I have. Again new footer stuff, pics zoomed in & hi res please. Footers can tell a bit of who the manufacturer is or possible track layout if this is indeed a coaster!

2 and 1/2 years ago Shaggy very early on nailed what Dino Alive was going to be. I don't remember which topic it was, but on like the 4th of hundreds of posts he described DA very well and then it quickly got buried in coaster speculation. From experience, I recommend paying close attention to Shaggy's posts.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23400-planning/#entry415878

;)

You're warm, but there was a topic around that time where Shaggy actually mentioned Dinosaurs around the 4th post, and then the debate turned to super suspended seven loop coasters for 30+ pages.

• Like 1

I know this has been asked, but I'm not sure I've seen a response... does anybody have recent pictures or a report on any recent passings of the B&M steel plant in Batavia? Obviously this doesn't certainly mean something for KI, but it'd be a decent clue.

Seriously...couple days in and someone already wants to start something without considering information...Look at the difference between Intamin footers for say, an intamin like millie. New B&M's like GK @ CP..certain wooden coasters if they decide to go that route again. For instance you can rule out already if lets say it would be another woodie, GCI isn't involved because they lay down a giant slab of concrete.

Layout also can be established with said footers. Intamin usually have layouts that follow their track layout almost similar to how arrows are right under the track. B&M's are a bit more rough to determine (say looking at GK, or Mantis is a huge example of this). Their footers are quite sporadic with the way their supports are. Also B&M footers usually feature a large square above ground or a trapezoid esque shape. Intamin usually uses round concrete footers in most scenarios, not all but most. For instance even though obsolete, back in the day Arrow coasters used to have alot of small footers for each individual support, and also had an imprint of an arrow, typically for the trains DOT ( footer orientation to bolt up correctly), also a possible tie to the company but never able to verify.

Footers can be a good clue, so instead of being blatantly rude, consider information before posting please. I rest my case

• Like 3