Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

451244843904e1e7d6b818e8136be560.jpg

20ecd9b5e8c6307652f0dea0f26f14f9.jpg

a8e938e47f752ced310345cf86c7f3d7.jpg

95c5c99e0a1afa140b2950d8ee74ffd0.jpg

First off, I do think this "diversion" will be a roller coaster. Also, from looking at those two rectangular holes in the third picture (they are near the bottom of the construction site and point towards Drop Tower and Skyflier), it makes me think the track could be dipping below ground level before doing a cobra roll, top hat, or a hairpin turn (as it looks like the holes aren't that far from each other). I don't know if this is what this spot is for or not, but that's just what it looks like to me. :)

EDIT: The holes are also seen in the first and fourth pictures, pointing towards Skyflier's giant arch.

If you are looking at what I'm looking at where the square concrete patch is with the three "holes", that would be the slab of concrete where SOB's final helix cables were attached to.

The holes I'm referring to are in Thunder Alley's old site, pointing towards Skyflier.

According to Don Helbig, he said that the SoB station is being used for Wolfpack for years to come. It's not being used for the 2014 project. He mentioned it a couple of times on the forums.

Mr. Helbig has discussed the 2014 project and what will or will not be used as part of it?

Really?

• Like 4

May be we will be getting a wolf pack themed ride. Think back to the posters on opening day...

I don't think so...just think about that, a whole ride based off of an attraction that only runs for four weekends a year? Not too feasible..

According to Don Helbig, he said that the SoB station is being used for Wolfpack for years to come. It's not being used for the 2014 project. He mentioned it a couple of times on the forums.

Plans can always change, and may not be conveyed to the general public until deemed necessary. So at that time, the public plans were for wolf pack to use that station for many years to come.

• Like 1

a8e938e47f752ced310345cf86c7f3d7.jpg

95c5c99e0a1afa140b2950d8ee74ffd0.jpg

I kinda thought the first picture you showed has Drop Tower "protecting" the construction site so no one will peek in...

Drop Tower: "HEY! YOU! In the plane! Put that camera away!"

(And then in the second picture, you have moved somewhat away...)

Drop Tower: "...fudge. How I am going to explain this to Mr. Helbig?"

Sorry, I kinda had to... :P

• Like 2

The skies above Kings Island are free to anyone, unlike the Disney parks. Anyone can get these same shots. Call the flight school at any local airport and tell them you want a photo flight over Kings Island. It will cost you somewhere between $50-$100 for the plane and the pilot (instructor).

And in case you like roller coasters... You can trace your own path through the sky. Even in a Cessna you can experience g forces (+ and -) and sharp climbs and descents. You do need an aerobatic airplane to go upside down however.

• Like 1

^
I know, it was a joke..."oh noez they has drop towah protecting the construction site! :P "

Also, that cheap? Only $50-100? Well, it would probably be more from Indianapolis-Mason, OH and back...

Oh...and to expand on my joke...

AT Kings Island HQ
Don Helbig: Drop Tower, we have learned of your failure, and can no longer accept you here at Kings Island. You have been traded.

Drop Tower: FUDGE! Where did you trade me to?
Don Helbig: Holiday World.

Drop Tower: OK, what was I traded for? Don't tell me you traded me for Liberty Launch...

Don Helbig: ...no...we traded you for their set of Flying Scooters!
Drop Tower: WHAT!?!?!?! :P

• Like 3

Don also said that they currently have no plans for the land occupied by SoB in August when they announced the demise of SoB. Obviously this was not true because of what we are seeing now.

But, that is part of his job. If he said we have something in mind and we are probably going to use SoB's station for the project, there is not much of a surprise, is there?

I think it will make Action Zone look kind of tacky to have two buildings sitting there empty the whole year except for during Haunt. Club Blood is okay, since it's mostly hidden from view during the normal operating season, but the Son of Beast station just looks really crappy. So does a huge metal box in Rivertown....

• Like 2

I think it will make Action Zone look kind of tacky to have two buildings sitting there empty the whole year except for during Haunt. Club Blood is okay, since it's mostly hidden from view during the normal operating season, but the Son of Beast station just looks really crappy. So does a huge metal box in Rivertown....

I agree with a few posts on here. The more and more I look at it, The more I think that SOB's station will be Utilized with this new Ride. Don May have said that is the Home for WolfPack, but he did not say thats ALL They are going to use it for. Its too nice a Building and Set up in a Very Unique way.. Not to Metion the Reuse of Vortex/The Bats Station, Granted that was quite a while back, but it shows it can be done.. Plus it would save a Little bit of Money. Granted not much, But every little bit helps..

^

I know, it was a joke..."oh noez they has drop towah protecting the construction site! :P "

Also, that cheap? Only $50-100? Well, it would probably be more from Indianapolis-Mason, OH and back...

Oh...and to expand on my joke...

AT Kings Island HQ

Don Helbig: Drop Tower, we have learned of your failure, and can no longer accept you here at Kings Island. You have been traded.

Drop Tower: FUDGE! Where did you trade me to?

Don Helbig: Holiday World.

Drop Tower: OK, what was I traded for? Don't tell me you traded me for Liberty Launch...

Don Helbig: ...no...we traded you for their set of Flying Scooters!

Drop Tower: WHAT!?!?!?! :P

I would recommend ASI at Dayton Wright Bros. Airport , Lebanon Warren County Airport or Stewart Flying Service at Waynesville. For a few extra bucks they could swing you past CSF in Batavia and see what is hiding in their back lot behind the fence.

I agree with a few posts on here. The more and more I look at it, The more I think that SOB's station will be Utilized with this new Ride. Don May have said that is the Home for WolfPack, but he did not say thats ALL They are going to use it for. Its too nice a Building and Set up in a Very Unique way.. Not to Metion the Reuse of Vortex/The Bats Station, Granted that was quite a while back, but it shows it can be done.. Plus it would save a Little bit of Money. Granted not much, But every little bit helps..

Well The Bat/Vortex station was reused by the SAME company.

• Like 2

I just don't see the station being used for the new attraction and then for haunt. That'd be silly, "oh hey it's time for Halloween Haunt, let's close the attraction down to put up a Haunt."

• Like 1

I can't imagine it being THAT difficult to modify the station platform to allow a different track type to run through the station. It would definitely be less expensive than building an entirely new station. However, with the way the footings are now, it doesn't look like it is going to be used for the 2014 attraction. I wish it was...

I just don't see the station being used for the new attraction and then for haunt. That'd be silly, "oh hey it's time for Halloween Haunt, let's close the attraction down to put up a Haunt."

Any Haunt maze can be taken down and put up in a different location; CarnEvil used to be inside Festhaus before finally going in the former Enchanted Theater, and Cut-Throat Cove originally sat on the lawn in a big white tent behind the Showplace Stage and then took residence in the former Rivertown Mining Company building. If they decide not to use the expanded Bier Garten space this season, you can almost guarantee Cut-Throat will be in another new location.

• Like 1