Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Anyone else have the thought that the water tower was removed to allow the presumed coaster to go OVER the center of AZ? (ala Gatekeeper over the entrance to the park). Or was it removed for some other stated reason?

I would imagine, based on what somebody else said here, that it could be to create an entrance plaza to the new coaster. Ouimet said that he loved Gatekeeper's entry plaza, and that it really adds to the ride. That big open area seems to be a great space for an entryway to a major attraction, IMO.

• Like 1

Wrong. Look down south. Dollywood has also started another major project that is being kept very secret, probably more so than the KI project.

Just curious, what makes you think Dollywood is being secret? They do have a huge teaser banner that pretty much confirms it as a launched coaster.

Of course, this could be a B&M since they have been working on a launched coaster. In which case it would be very interesting to pay attention to.577623_576835155669191_64619134_n.jpg

Like I said way back in this thread, Dollywood officials were reported touring Europa Park. That makes it likely they will be getting a Mack launched coaster here.

All of you are saying that you think its a giga or an invert but no one knows. Tell you what, I'm sure most people here know how to read B and M codes on the track and supports so why doesn't someone go down to the plant and take a quick pic of the sticker on the supports. Then we will know what model what ever coaster they are manufacturing is.

All of you are saying that you think its a giga or an invert but no one knows. Tell you what, I'm sure most people here know how to read B and M codes on the track and supports so why doesn't someone go down to the plant and take a quick pic of the sticker on the supports. Then we will know what model what ever coaster they are manufacturing is.

Three problems:

ALL of us are not united in saying anything about what the foundation is for.

Your statement that no one knows is not accurate.

Stickers on ride pieces at Batavia do not mean those pieces are bound for Mason, Ohio.

Next?

• Like 4

I find it really interesting that while some of us are making obvious wishes/speculation as to what could be happening at K.I. There are people who keep popping into the thread to tell everyone how silly they sound. Now I have no idea what is going in but I do look at every picture and I'm at the park way more then I should be seeing what's going on to try and figure it out. This thread is titled "starting to decode 2014" doesn't that make you realize that this is a thread for detective work and speculation? I have not seen a single post yet that says "I know what's going in and it's a ______" because yeah we don't know but we are trying to "decode" it.. Maybe a new thread should be started for people who only say things they are positive about for this new area. Someplace for those who would condem someone's speculation/dreaming/hoping to go and post about well nothing..

• Like 2

It's a discussion forum. Guesses, clues, positive indicators and ridiculous ideas all abound. And the topic is decoding...not deriding. It's important we discuss and critique ideas, not each other as people. There are many friends here, and many who one day will be.

I've seen no one say someone else is silly.

And many of the posts you may think are about nothing are actually more significant than that. Some far more. Others may be diversions, but which are which?

• Like 8

I am still firmly in the giga camp, but I don't care what kind of coaster ki puts in. Those supports in the pics look small to be for a giga, but they could be for the end of the coaster. Of course the supports could not even be for ki. If we get a giga, a kiddie coaster, or just a flat ride, I will be happy.

• Like 2

Why pay to use it? Cinci isn't the same NASCAR market that Virginia and the Carolinas are, and Cedar Fair no longer has the same management...

As for manufacturer\name, the Timmies are 1\1 with INTAMIN only having the Virginia one...

Kentucky speedway is heavily marketed by Cincinnati USA and itself likes to promote itself in Cincy.

Wrong. Look down south. Dollywood has also started another major project that is being kept very secret, probably more so than the KI project.

Just curious, what makes you think Dollywood is being secret? They do have a huge teaser banner that pretty much confirms it as a launched coaster.

Of course, this could be a B&M since they have been working on a launched coaster. In which case it would be very interesting to pay attention to.577623_576835155669191_64619134_n.jpg

Like I said way back in this thread, Dollywood officials were reported touring Europa Park. That makes it likely they will be getting a Mack launched coaster here.

Because this it is as far as any clue goes (if it is a clue, like with the screams being monitors at KI). With Wild Eagle, employees had some idea of what was coming (I do know this for a fact), but this time is very different. The only press release or anything that has been issued actually hinted at more than one attraction (saying "new adventures, "new additions," and everything else in the plural). Near point in the game with Wild Eagle, The Mountain Press had already said it would be a large coaster because of info from a Pigeon Forge planning commission meeting. I think they learned a lesson with WE and are being tight lipped about this one. Trust me when I say I don't know much in this world, but I know Dollywood. ;)

• Like 1

Sure. But NASCAR fans are abundant and rabid in the KD and Carowinds market areas, making up a huge segment of the parks' fan bases. In Cinci, the percentage is far lower.

Those other towns also do not have a major league baseball team.

New for 2014: Charlie Hustle 309...

• Like 8

Sure. But NASCAR fans are abundant and rabid in the KD and Carowinds market areas, making up a huge segment of the parks' fan bases. In Cinci, the percentage is far lower.

Charlie Hustle 4192... the first coaster in the world to top 4000 feet!

(it could actually be 4192 inches... that is 350 feet)- not my vote, but could be...

• Like 8

I still have my money on the donkey themed coaster.

This isn't Theme Park Review..
I am just saying that I think it is a donkey coaster, there is change of my thoughts from TR and KIC.

(it could actually be 4192 inches... that is 350 feet)- not my vote, but could be...

Or maybe, if Scott Rolen retires next season they could name it after the 316 home runs he had.

• Like 2

Or a 350 foot flying coaster so it looks like you are sliding across home head first?

• Like 2