Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

^^ I'm sure there are plenty die hard fans of NASCAR all over, but I think the point is that the fan base in the areas around KD and Carowinds is more densely populated and established. Kentucky Speedway just received it's first Sprint Cup race in 2011. Regardless of how many fans of NASCAR there are in this area, I sincerely hope we don't get a NASCAR themed ride at all... The two Intimidators are great looking coasters, especially Kings Dominion's, but I think the NASCAR theme is tacky (Sorry if that offends any fans, not intended to).

• Like 5

I have this feeling that Kings Island under Cedar Fair is going to knock this one out the park!

They really ought to consider having Joey Votto at the announcement of this thing!

That is what people said years ago about another major ride.......

Which is what caused all the problems. They both appeared on Maury Pauvich, and had a DNA reveal.

The Beast was relieved, but SOB turned to drugs, lost its loop, and started getting all violent and acting out.

The writing was on the wall.

• Like 7

Not only that, the original obstetrician was costing too much and behind schedule, so the park fired him and did the delivery itself. The park then sued him, won, but never collected a dime. Years later, the state would claim the original delivery was defective, and one of its

operatives would accuse the park of using only Band-Aid brand adhesive bandages to fix it.

• Like 7

I went to Kings Island yesterday and from the Eiffel Tower, I spotted a piece of concrete that was sort of triangle shaped and pretty large. It kind of looked like a footer that could hold several supports at once, possibly indicating an elevated turn or curved drop on the ride, or even, dare I say...an inversion. The slab was just down the hill from King Cobra's old spot.

• Like 2

I went to Kings Island yesterday and from the Eiffel Tower, I spotted a piece of concrete that was sort of triangle shaped and pretty large. It kind of looked like a footer that could hold several supports at once, possibly indicating an elevated turn or curved drop on the ride, or even, dare I say...an inversion. The slab was just down the hill from King Cobra's old spot.

Did you get a picture of it?

• Like 1

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't WANT the SOB station to be part of anything on the new ride. It just creates a feeling of ickiness, like having your fencing touch the property of those awful neighbors that have bugs.

I'd love the entire Action Zone to be revamped. It's always the last place I go to on a visit, after I've ridden all the other rides.

It's just not very inviting. If not for the Haunts there, I'd forget to veer toads it.

• Like 1

Looking at the Diamondback Construction in Summer of 2008 and also looking at Clermont Steel Fabricators it will probably be a little more construction and all that before we start seeing loads of track and supports. Got this from a map that hasnt been updated since Mid 2008.