Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I would really like to see a glow in the dark paint used on the roller coaster. supports and track look white during day and at night a bright sky blue track with bright yellow supports.

^ That'd be really cool if such a paint existed for this kind of use!

• Like 5

This probably won't be a popular opinion, but I actually hope it's not a dive machine, or even a giga. I'd rather see a B&M floorless, or even a...*GASP*....stand-up coaster. But all of our speculation seems to center around a steel coaster. Any chance we might actually see a wooden twister instead? I mean, they took away a wood coaster...stands to reason they might replace it with another one. Just sayin'.

Any chance we might actually see a wooden twister instead? I mean, they took away a wood coaster...stands to reason they might replace it with another one. Just sayin'.

Son of Beast was an abysmal failure. I highly doubt they will replace it with anything that the general public could possibly confuse with SOB. They most likely want SOB to be the furthest thing from the minds of park guests. That means anything wood is almost certainly out of the question.

EDIT: Also what DontWantToWait42mar0 said.

• Like 4

The 8.13 part - 8 looks like the letter B, and 13th letter is M.

Wings on the creature.

Possible designer reference is Mantis and Banshee, regarding initial letters... Also due to same designer of Mantis. B&M coasters are usually loud too.

Vertical lines could reference the gate, and hint at the name.

Meaningful though? Perhaps not so much.

At nearly $2200 gallon, I don't see that happening.

Yes, but there are quantity discounts - the more you buy, the cheaper per gallon!

....just sayin'

I wonder if I can get this on layaway? Or pay installments? I hope free shipping!

But at least it's not impossible, but highly unlikely.

not that it would happen, but I think it would cool if the new(potential) coaster would be a giga that takes title of worlds longest steel coaster from Steel Dragon. You would have the longest steel and wooden coasters in the same park.

• Like 7

Diversion_zps606e8ec5.png

How long of a coaster is that? Also what coaster is that lol?

Sheikra from Busch Gardens Tampa..

3188ft long

I think it would be safe to say this coaster will be over a mile long (5280ft) . possibly 2+miles??? (10560ft) I have rode that ride and I thought it was a blast! possibly get to go ride Cheetah Hunt here in September

• Like 1

And did it offer meaningful clues to that ride?

What that did show was just how much Cedar Point was paying attention to what people were saying in the enthusiast world. I'm sure 99% of the folks who read that while walking by Disaster Transport had no clue what the inside joke to Banshee was, but a couple weeks prior to those signs, many, many people at Pointbuzz (and of course Screamscape picked up on it) were claiming Banshee was the name simply due to the logo...and voila, a nice little "tip o' the hat" to fans discussing it.

I have little doubt Don was simply baiting everyone here with the "dive" comment...and it's perfect, because it makes you think:

1) OK, it's certainly NOT a dive coaster because Don would not say that...

or...

2) Well Don would know I would think it's not a dive coaster so by making it obvious he's secretly telling people what it is...

So clearly I should not drink your glass, because you would know that I would think that if you placed it in front of me that I would assume you placed the poison in mine, only to switch it to make me think it's in yours.

Inconcieveable!!

• Like 2

If somebody doesn't start a new thread stating don't post anything outside of new events involving our new ride, I guess I will later this week! I like everyone's ideas but I'm sick of not hearing anything new every time I read this topic because I don't want to miss anything, but it's really starting to remind me of the S.O.B thread and its getting old and boring! Not that I wont read this topic but we do need a topic with new stuff ONLY!

• Like 1

Haha, looks like a five year old drew it, well I guess that's what to expect at 1am. With new construction photos, thanks to DBI (who is awesome, thanks), this is what I think we might be seeing, might. Whether this is a dive coaster or B&M I hope its something BIG!kik_zpsb189900e.png

• Like 2