Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Here are kirbias1's pics I am posting them for him..

59d5dacb4ce716d177e07159295570f1.jpg

06a575e266e28189ff8420feb0b51bfa.jpg

448bb721c53b282f6be1ccadbab616f6.jpg

47870e4b9b2b4f06384cf7dbc6f1cea2.jpg

3e2b0941298b17db241ed8d1dc1d4d95.jpg

22c353842f89ca219a9b7d292ecc587f.jpg

632e8b06589da4f20eededcbc0a8756e.jpg

22977d0299e2a78744a9836b57190030.jpg

I have to control myself from getting too excited because I know they may not be for us! I wish there was a way to know

I think that is a lot of supports for the small amount of footers the KI has for the new project. This does look like a wing or dive coaster to me. I know Cedar Fair's CEO said none of the Cedar Fair parks are getting a wing coaster next year. therefore, this could be for a six flags park, etc. also, Gatekeeper didn't start construction till early fall. giga's and hypers always seem to start way earlier. I'm clueless as to what it is too. i wish i knew!

Comparing these pieces of track to that of Gatekeeper, the size in the picture above is different from Gatekeeper. Counting the holes, that are used for bolting the pieces together, on the sides of the track (Not counting the top and bottom rows) there are three holes. Looking at Gatekeeper's track, there are 4 holes on the sides (again not counting the Top and Bottom Rows). Aside from Mr. Ouimet's statement about no wing riders next year (I can't remember the exact time frame he said), I'd say based on the difference in track, we can assume for sure that the coaster above is not Wing rider track.

481609_10200219493236034_1461846452_n.jp

^^ My photo from a Gatekeeper construction tour.

• Like 2

Comparing these pieces of track to that of Gatekeeper, the size in the picture above is different from Gatekeeper. Counting the holes, that are used for bolting the pieces together, on the sides of the track (Not counting the top and bottom rows) there are three holes. Looking at Gatekeeper's track, there are 4 holes on the sides (again not counting the Top and Bottom Rows). Aside from Mr. Ouimet's statement about no wing riders next year (I can't remember the exact time frame he said), I'd say based on the difference in track, we can assume for sure that the coaster above is not Wing rider track.

481609_10200219493236034_1461846452_n.jp

^^ My photo from a Gatekeeper construction tour.

what about dive coaster track?

Just to make it clear for those who may not be aware, this plant has produced track for several parks, many of which are outside the Cedar Fair chain and even some outside the United States. Off the top of my head and using recent examples, the plant helped produce Dollywood's Wild Eagle, Carowinds' Intimidator, Hair Raiser at Ocean Park in Hong Kong, the aforementioned Flying Over the Rainforest, along with a slew of others I'm sure. This track is probably for another park.

You can tell from the part number what kind of track it is. The first two letters indicate the coaster type.

MC = hyper/giga

LC = flying/invert

DM = dive machine

WI = wing rider

SC = sitting coaster (including floorless)

Can't recall off the top of my head what the standing coaster code is but unless they have started switching up the part numbers to throw off people, that is Wing Rider track.

why would anyone want a intamin post 2005 with those horrendous restraints. Intimidator 305 is a waste of 25million plus. if its a giga we all know it will be a forceless ride and only provide floating air. A 300' drop down into a tunnel via goliath magic mountain, 2nd hill of 225', rose bowl double helix, 190' 3rd hill into a series of bunny hops.

You can tell from the part number what kind of track it is. The first two letters indicate the coaster type.

MC = hyper/giga

LC = flying/invert

DM = dive machine

WI = wing rider

Can't recall off the top of my head what the standing coaster code is but unless they have started switching up the part numbers to throw off people, that is Wing Rider track.

its not like b&m are building so many coasters they have to keep them all labeled correctly to keep track of.

MC = hyper/giga

LC = flying/invert

DM = dive machine

WI = wing rider

its not like b&m are building so many coasters they have to keep them all labeled correctly to keep track of.

Yet they do.

MC = hyper/giga

LC = flying/invert

DM = dive machine

WI = wing rider

Yet they do.

They built three rides last year.

Does ANYONE know what x-works is? I have a picture of the exact same thing that the customer is X-works. when I look at a Gatekeeper track scanbar, it says Wing Coaster-WI

The Gatekeeper track scanbar, did you see it once it had already arrived at Cedar Point?

While the parts are sitting outside the fabrication plant, they have the sticker that says x-works because of meddling kids. At some point in time, they add a new sticker to it, probably after it has been placed in a secure place for transportation.

MC = hyper/giga

LC = flying/invert

DM = dive machine

WI = wing rider

Yet they do.

They built three rides last year.

Six. Well, if I can trust Wikipedia.

those 6 that opened 2012 was being constructed before 2012. They built 1 and working on the two others that got started in the fall/winter 2012.

Long time reader, first time poster.

It should also be remembered that the thickness of B&M's spines vary throughout a ride, as forces require. DBack's spine is a lot thicker at the bottom of the first drop than at the top of a hill. Also as we can see in the Gatekeeper picture above.

• Like 1

Well for one, the plant is out in the middle of nowhere and second, they would need a heck of a truck to haul off with the pieces, not to mention getting them on said truck if at all.

Not very likely. The pieces are VERY heavy and what would you do with one? I don't think a junk yard would take it. And there is security for that area.

I feel as though my sarcasm was overlooked.

• Like 3

MC = hyper/giga

LC = flying/invert

DM = dive machine

WI = wing rider

Just asking, but how do you know this?

MC = hyper/giga

LC = flying/invert

DM = dive machine

WI = wing rider

Just asking, but how do you know this?

Honestly I have just picked it up watching various coaster installations over the years and reading the forums I am a member of.