Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Well for one, the plant is out in the middle of nowhere and second, they would need a heck of a truck to haul off with the pieces, not to mention getting them on said truck if at all.

Not very likely. The pieces are VERY heavy and what would you do with one? I don't think a junk yard would take it. And there is security for that area.

I feel as though my sarcasm was overlooked.

Perhaps....but you never know on the other side of the pewter.

• Like 6

And the KIC girls reading this thread just sit in an awkward silence.....

But they do jump on the TTD talk.......

;)

To me the way the track is lied out is either a very banked turn or an inversion.

Many have lied in this thread...... :)

I'll be here all week folks!

• Like 9

Second time poster. I dont know if anyone ever said anything about this but in one of the before pictures the customer name was "X-Works" I did a google search which brought me to a thread at http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48745&start=270

icon_post_target.pngby Goliath513 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:55 pm

I have done some research, and I looks like this points to Silverwood.

It all started when Gary Norton, founder of ISC Systems Corporation, purchased a small private airport called the Henley Aerodrome in 1981.

http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/history.php

ISC Systems Corporation is Gary Norton's company and used to be called Getronics. And X-Works has a connection with Getronics. So X-Works points to Gary Norton - the owner of Silverwood. SC could mean "standing coaster" or "sitting coaster" but the rumors I have heard all point to a stand up.

One poster says that "X-Works" Is part of Sliverwood Theme Park. I do not have any other sources other than what the poster said. But Who knows.

59 pages into this thread, thought it was time for a recap of known facts/statements as they tend to get lost in the shuffle:

KI has demolished Son of Beast, while selling off some of the parts as memorablia. What happened to the rest of it, we're not sure.

KI has demolished the go kart track.

KI has cleared a lot of land, extending back beyond SOB's footprint.

KI has installed security fences around an area of construction

Footers have been installed in the spot previously occupied by the go Kart track.

Photos show additional work extending beyond this area.

Mr. O has stated that B & M has been hired to construct another coaster for their chain.

Mr. O has stated that no other parks in his chain will be getting a winged coaster next season.

Track supports and track itself has been spotted and photographed at the Batavia plant that often makes parkts for B&M coasters.

No other parks in the CF chain have reports of major construction activity at this point? (I question because I don't recall seeing any claims of construction activity, but could have missed a report, so please shout me down if I'm wrong on that regard)

• Like 4

Long time reader, first time poster.

It should also be remembered that the thickness of B&M's spines vary throughout a ride, as forces require. DBack's spine is a lot thicker at the bottom of the first drop than at the top of a hill. Also as we can see in the Gatekeeper picture above.

First time poster?, you must be a nervous wreck.

Welcome to KIC.

• Like 2

I'm sure its mentioned in here somewhere- but with the pictures taken of coaster track in the east side of Cincy... just to make sure no one is trespassing for the sake of a enthusiast blog, right? maybe there was permission given, maybe it's a public lot, maybe this has already been discussed.

Either way, this thread is giving me the impression that we seem to have a lot of time on our hands.

• Like 7

I'm sure its mentioned in here somewhere- but with the pictures taken of coaster track in the east side of Cincy... just to make sure no one is trespassing for the sake of a enthusiast blog, right? maybe there was permission given, maybe it's a public lot, maybe this has already been discussed.

Either way, this thread is giving me the impression that we seem to have a lot of time on our hands.

I've never been by there myself, but am somewhat familar with the area.

If you look at the google map overhead, there appears to be no fencing that would restrict access to their lot. On the current google map, there appears to be track supports sitting out in front of their building, right along route 32. Now, don't confuse route 32 with I-71, but its still a fairly busy road, so they're definently not trying to hide anything.

With that said, legally speaking, it probably falls on the side of tresspassing, though if all your doing is taking pictures of an area that is unrestricted from general traffic, you might have a hard time getting a judge to listen to the case or a prosecuter to press charges. From a public perception standpoint, I doubt that B & M track is all that Clermont Steel Fabricator's is making, I'd have trouble envisioning them sustaining themselves soley on B & M construction. I'm sure they know people are coming on their lot soley to take pictures of the next rollercoaster, as long as they are doing nothing to damage said pieces of steel, its a nice PR hit for them, and gives them a little noteriaty; perhaps even some future business from a person looking for a steel fabricator and only knows them from their roller coaster work.

In the end, I'm sure its a no harm, no foul policy on both ends. If B & M was instant on absolute security/privacy, there's plenty of room in the back of their facility where they could seal off access from the general public. the current google map shows some green B & M track laying on a hill side. I have no idea how old the image is, nor enough about all their rides that they've built track for to know what ride that track belonged to (or if was extra pieces that have sat there for years where an error in fabrication left them useless until a time they could be melted down and recycled.

• Like 2

another note, if you look at the current google street view, I'm not even sure if you'd have to be on their property to get a good picture. You can currently see stacks of yellow B & M track on the current street view, again I'm not sure how old those pictures are.

^Bing Maps shows the yellow track in its satellite images. I'm not seeing yellow track using Google's satellite images, even though you see the same yellow track on Street View. Either way, the images aren't current. If they were, you'd be able to see the dark green track, too.

I know they're not current. the yellow track in front of the bulding only shows up in the street view. If you do an arial view, you'll see some track supports sitting out front. At any rate, the color of the track or what was in front at the time that google's cars and satelites flew over is minutia in this conversation; I think most understand the pictures on googlemaps or bingmaps or whatever aren't current, often not even w/n the same calender year.

I guess I'm missing the point about why it was brought it up.

Never mind. I sense that no matter what you say in this forum, people are going to jump on your for it. Friendly place. I'll just bow out of the discussion and wait until later this Summer to find out what's going on.

• Like 2

I added the track descriptions just to give a reference for what I was seeing, the point was it may or may not be considered tresspassing, but CSF is certainly doing very little to discourage someone from entering their property and taking pictures, including having track visable from route 32.

For those wondering how B&M keeps track of everything - the info on the label is likely stored in company databases. The key in this case is the "Job Number". If you had access to the company's records/databases, you would simply look up the job number to find out all you wanted to know - what park, what type of coaster and probably assorted other info that would be useful to those building/making it. By itself, it's absolutely meaningless.

We can gather additional info from the part number of course, but again, this is meaningless without knowing the "job" info. It's also possible that the "Customer" info is unique to each customer, but I'd be a bit surprised if that's the case, since their whole goal is to prevent snooping enthusiasts from figuring out the details before the park is ready to announce them :)

• Like 1

I know I have less than 10 posts here but that does not mean I know nothing. The track pieces that have been posted here are indeed for a Wing Coaster (where....we do not know but some have been saying that track is a dive coaster which it is definitely not) Following the "WI" on the track label is the letter "G" which represents the 7th Wing Coaster (Gatekeeper was F and FOTR was E). For those that are hoping for an inverted coaster, if the label says "IC2", the track is for an invert (they use the 2 because they ran out of letters to use; they also skip some letters because some look close to numbers). Finally, a giga (or hyper) would have to have the code "MC" in it.

I know most of this has been mentioned but some seem to be ignoring what people are saying which is true.

Oh, and that yellow track being talked about above went to China. http://rcdb.com/9647.htm

• Like 1

Looking at this picture, I am worried this "coaster" is going to be small.

2yy9pw1.jpg

Umm...just saying, the clearing behind FOF not related to SOB...pretty sure that's a maintenance road. (Checks Google Maps, which has pre-SOB demolition images)...yep.

2yy9pw1.jpg

Umm...just saying, the clearing behind FOF not related to SOB...pretty sure that's a maintenance road. (Checks Google Maps, which has pre-SOB demolition images)...yep.

A 7,000+ foot long coaster sat in that spot...just saying.

• Like 4

2yy9pw1.jpg

A 7,000+ foot long coaster sat in that spot...just saying.

Yep...with a twister-style layout.

I don't think a out-and-back B&M Giga would quite fit there, even with the Thunder Alley spot being used for the station and some of the lifthill...if this is a Giga Coaster, then it is a twister-style layout...which B&M has done on this model before, albeit on a smaller scale, see Raging Bull @ SFGam...and I'd be fine with a Giga Twister since that would, obviously, be different enough from Diamondback. (Note: I know I said that earlier in this thread as well, just re-iterating for anyone who doesn't want to search through 50+ pages of stuff :P )

Picture of Raging Bull...and wow, looks like this style of coaster would fit nicely...

2o4ihm6bk6hm2avo11e001.jpg

• Like 2

considering that they've cleared out room both in front of and behind SOBs old footprint, they have the room to make this coaster pretty much however long or short they've got budgeted for it. Space is probably the least of the concerns for the designers.