Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Tony from the Onpoint blog (on Cedar Point's website) posted this in a list of answers to questions:

What's Kings Island getting next year? (I know, but if I told you....)

So someone knows. :)

I talked to a very nice older lady who was working in Action Zone a couple weeks ago. When she saw me peering over the fence she said I could get a much better view from the tower. She told me that she knew one of the contractors building what ever it is and because of this she knew what was going to be built but could not share it with me because it was not worth losing her job. She did say that they would not be able to keep it a secret much longer because it would be pretty obvious. I remarked that it looked like it could be a roller coaster and she just smiled. I know that is not really any new information but her unwillingness to share and the fact that she was older lead me to believe what she told me was true.

I couldn't resist

4F5147F7-3B36-4ED3-8E82-1495C15FB7D1-359

at least she was not selling dippin dots...

• Like 9

Tony from the Onpoint blog (on Cedar Point's website) posted this in a list of answers to questions:

I talked to a very nice older lady who was working in Action Zone a couple weeks ago. When she saw me peering over the fence she said I could get a much better view from the tower. She told me that she knew one of the contractors building what ever it is and because of this she knew what was going to be built but could not share it with me because it was not worth losing her job. She did say that they would not be able to keep it a secret much longer because it would be pretty obvious. I remarked that it looked like it could be a roller coaster and she just smiled. I know that is not really any new information but her unwillingness to share and the fact that she was older lead me to believe what she told me was true.

I had to re-read this - I thought you said PEEING over the fence. That would put a whole new spin on what the older lady was talking about.......better from the tower.......I know the contractors......kind enough not to share what she knows......wouldn't be able to keep it a secret much longer......what Cougars say is true!

• Like 8

I had to re-read this - I thought you said PEEING over the fence. That would put a whole new spin on what the older lady was talking about.......better from the tower.......I know the contractors......kind enough not to share what she knows......wouldn't be able to keep it a secret much longer......what Cougars say is true!

Oh my... I could not stop laughing, Hank. Couldn't stop for a looong time.

That is Formula Rossa at Ferrari World in Dubai, built by Intamin, also the fastest coaster in the world.

Though, it just launches nearly 150 mph right into trims. Meh.

Just want to know have you ever ridden Rossa to back the Meh claim up??? B/c even after hitting the trims the coaster is still traveling over 100mph and has the highest average speed of any coaster on the planet!!! It may not be an airtime monster but it's a speed lovers dream!!!

• Like 1

This topic has gone so far off the deep end, a simple meme of a Kirk facepalm would not even express the feelings in BB1 and others reading this topic.

• Like 2

From the trusted reviews I've read, the coaster is fun, but the trims are a huge letdown. Speed becomes relative, and everyone I know personally who has ridden has said that the first shot is like speed heaven, but that the trims feel very, very harsh. Not sudden, mind you, but that once you've been shot out going 150, even travelling just over 100 starts to feel "meh".

In brief, the launch is amazing, but the letdown from the trims in like a huge buzzkill, which dampers the remainder of the ride, which doesn't exactly have a jaw-dropping layout to speak of.

I've quite enjoyed this thread myself. Does it meander off-topic? I suppose, but what high-quality thread doesn't? It's like we're all just keeping each other company with good coaster talk while we wait for the ball to drop.

• Like 20

This topic has gone so far off the deep end, a simple meme of a Kirk facepalm would not even express the feelings in BB1 and others reading this topic.

We have not reached the insanity of an SoB topic yet.

yet.

Then, and only then, will I have to post memes of old, of a darker age, an age of a Hobbit.....

1854 posts in one month. Average of 60 posts a day. On pace for 6500 by mid August (likely announcement).

Whats the record for most posts in a thread?

The thread that shall not be named had a number that shall not be named, nor should it be named for the sake of memes, and my and others' sanity.

BB1 alluding to many great reads.

I'm still trying to figure out what's horrid about the commercial. Then again, I'm an Anglophile of long standing. Monty Python, anyone?

And I see no resemblance between it and that truly pathetic Magnum commercial.

I think I used the wrong adjective.

It's disturbing, that's what it is. Not a bad commercial, just very weird and disturbing.

• Like 1