Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

How is the maintenance dept at KI? What if Cedar Fair settled with Intamin over the downtime of TTD and got a discount on a new rocket coaster. Without a discount a 475' rocket would be around 30 million. With a discount and technical support maybe 25 million would be all that is needed to set a height record.

How is the maintenance dept at KI? What if Cedar Fair settled with Intamin over the downtime of TTD and got a discount on a new rocket coaster. Without a discount a 475' rocket would be around 30 million. With a discount and technical support maybe 25 million would be all that is needed to set a height record.

For arguments sake, let's say that you are right. I would hope that there would be more to it than either TTD or Kingda Ka. It would need to have an actual layout after the tower. But I highly doubt we will get a rocket coaster that tall.

CoasterRob you are the second one that has tried to spoil my entertainment, would you just join me for some popcorn (its jalapeno flavored today) and read on. (Dang people trying to spoil all my fun).

• Like 7

I-71 goes all the way to Louisville and it also connects with I-75, which goes all the way south down to Florida. Kings Island is but one exit on the long trip south.

It also meets with I64 and goes to St Louis and beyond.

Sorry not trying to spoil anyones fun I did in fact believe all Intamin track came in shipping containers until I just saw a pic of I305 track on the back of a flat bed

30m3c7n.jpg

For the most part it does, i305 was a rair instance, I am not certain why they used a different carrier. This picture could just be showing them moving track from staging to instal. By the way I still have popcorn left.

• Like 2

Hey guys! My first post here, but have been reading these posts basically from day 1 of this thread and have actually learned a lot. Through reading this thread i have noticed one option that has almost been completely ignored. What if there was a coaster being relocated between Cedar Fair or outside of cf parks. Do we know of any rumors of a removal of any coasters? I am only saying this b/c we really don't know what company or type of coaster we are getting for sure yet.

Welcome to KIC! That is always a possibility but I have a few comments. Cedar Fair doesn't usually relocate roller coasters. If they do, they are usually smaller and happen at one of the non top 4 parks in the chain. This coaster will be one of the signature rides of the park so it will be unique for Kings Island and not be a roller coaster that people know well.

• Like 3

I am still pretty confident in my source of the b&m giga. But after seeing the intamin track I am hopeful.

If you compare the footprint of the construction site to the footprint of Diamondback there is more room than you think for a giga. A out and back with a twister layout after the mid course brake and a double helix finale.

Something tells me that you guys are gonna be kinda P.O.'d if this thing turns out not to be a roller coaster.

Not sure why i think that but maybe its the fact that the debate in this topic hasn't been about whether or not it will be one since about page 1. :D

• Like 3

Something tells me that you guys are gonna be kinda P.O.'d if this thing turns out not to be a roller coaster. Not sure why i think that but maybe its the fact that the debate in this topic hasn't been about whether or not it will be one since about page 1. :D

So true! Haha, but definitely in the next few weeks we will surely know. We won't know what kind, but if this persistent construction with these footers continue, will be the determining factor if its a coaster or something else.

Didnt Mr. O say they didn't plan for any more winged? One could argue if they signed a multi-winged-ride contract for 2013, 2014, and 2016 that it isn't "planning" at that point? Whatever is going in now is under construction, not planning. I am sure he chose his wording wisely to give the appearance of one thing, but is vague enough that upon further reflection in the future, you realize what he said. I do not recall Terpy commenting about O's statement, which should speak volumes...