Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

ohwell.jpg

Based on the supports, any inverted track (i.e. - Flyer or Invert) is out of the question. The picture above also closely matches any support used on most recent B&M's.

It's either a B&M Wing Rider (what I'm betting on) or a B&M Hyper/Mega.

Of course I'm just referring to what the track is... not suggesting that the green track at the B&M plant is destined for Kings Island. :)

• Like 2

Looking to make my first trip to KI next year! We are waiting until next year, giving the kids an extra year to grow (6yr old twins, boy 50", girl flirting with 48") so they can ride more, plus with the addition of whatever it is will be a great bonus! Making the most out of the longer drive!

This project reminds me of the construction of Maverick at CP. The work being done during operating hours creates a lot of excitement! The speculation game is fun and interesting!

In my opinion, i would be a little bummed if it is a Wing Coaster. With Gatekeeper added this year at CP, i would hope they would go with a different type. To take away GK's thunder after one year, especially by the same company that owns both parks, would be odd to me. An inverted seems to be the popular choice of a lot of KI fans. That would be great!

• Like 2

PROJECT 2014 IS NOT A WING COASTER!

Old news.

The green track at the Ohio manufacturing plant is probably not relevant to Kings Island, so it'd be advisable to just throw that idea out the window.

Is it another Mega Coaster? Let's not forget Cedar Fair was maladroit enough to build two B&M Mega Coasters back-to-back in Canada's Wonderland.... so anything is possible with this companies inane thought process....

station_overview.jpg

Old news.

Apparently it is new news with several people constantly talking about how they hope it's not a wing coaster, how this similarity to the track at the CSF shows that the coaster is somehow destined for KI and it's a wing coaster, etc. So, no not old news.

Is it another Mega Coaster? Let's not forget Cedar Fair was maladroit enough to build two B&M Mega Coasters back-to-back in Canada's Wonderland.... so anything is possible with this companies inane thought process....

To go back to back with Canada's Wonderland, we should have got it last year. Cedar Fair is doing something right to have continued support of their parks. So to call them inept is a bit funny.

• Like 1

Old news.

The green track at the Ohio manufacturing plant is probably not relevant to Kings Island, so it'd be advisable to just throw that idea out the window.

station_overview.jpg

Is there any garuntee that the track at CSF has to be for a wing rider? Further, I don't believe the track has been painted in the last pictures. The supports, yes, but the track no.

Are there any other plants that make B & M track in the US? Mr O has said that they've already hired B & M for another coaster project. While this doesn't neccessarily mean they hired B & M for whatever is going in now at KI, B&M is in Cedar Fair's near future.

As far as I've seen, only dollywood and KI have signs of construction. Would B&M produce track and supports this early for a project that hasn't broken ground yet???? I don't know, but if it smells like a duck, looks like a duck, and quacks like a duct, its probably a duct. All signs point to a B&M at KI for the 2014 project. While nothing is garunteed, I'm holding that line of thinking until another reasonable or garunteed (ie someone else's track showing up on site) answer is presented.

Right now:

KI has tore down SOB & TA

KI is installing footers that strongly resemble footers for a steel coaster of some sort

Cedar Fair has hired B&M for a new project as of Gatekeeper's opening day

Cedar Fair has no winged coasters on the menu in the near future.

Clermont Steel Fabricators is currently building both track pieces and support pieces for a B&M installation.

• Like 2

OK - re-watching the youtube video, Mr. O has said he has no winged coasters on the menu - again, not a guarantee we are not getting a winger and his wording is such that one could make the argument that they don't have any on the menu because the order has already been placed for a winger...

Now if he said they have not signed any contracts, no wings are under design or construction within Cedar Fair, and the current planning efforts for the parks do not have a winged coaster, then "maybe" you could assume we are not getting a winger.

Just because he said they don't have any on the menu doesn't mean that they hadn't already signed a multi-year contract for some wingers across their portfolio and thus additional wingers beyond those already signed into contract wouldn't be on the "menu" for consideration.

Just trying to show a different point of view for those set on a winger!

First of all while Mountain Dew is the nectar of the Gods Coke is way better than Pepsi. Secondly Off topic discussion in this forumn, like BBi said, is simply us passing time before the ball drops (that was well said). I personally belive that this will be a giga with a different layount than DB to keep it fresh as these new guys in chare are more coaster oriented. Second most likely is dive to me but I have super few posts and only a gut feeling and tiny bit of evidence to go on so take it with a grain of salt. I will drink my adult beverage and read this thread every night for entertainment.

Just out of curiosity, who is BBi? I know this really great guy named BB1 but not BBi. Meanwhile, I will not share my final hypothesis yet, but this topic may break the barrier soon....
  • Like 1

After watching POV's of Floorless coasters I really hope we get one it would be a nice addition, plus it adds a new type of coaster to KI Giga coasters are just bigger versions of Diamondback not that its a bad thing I love DB but it's time for something new at KI.

• Like 2

OK - re-watching the youtube video, Mr. O has said he has no winged coasters on the menu - again, not a guarantee we are not getting a winger and his wording is such that one could make the argument that they don't have any on the menu because the order has already been placed for a winger...

Now if he said they have not signed any contracts, no wings are under design or construction within Cedar Fair, and the current planning efforts for the parks do not have a winged coaster, then "maybe" you could assume we are not getting a winger.

Just because he said they don't have any on the menu doesn't mean that they hadn't already signed a multi-year contract for some wingers across their portfolio and thus additional wingers beyond those already signed into contract wouldn't be on the "menu" for consideration.

Just trying to show a different point of view for those set on a winger!

It's not a wing coaster. He said it.

TheCrypt, that's my English teacher's favorite saying. When finding symbols inside a story and working the themes out of these symbols, we'll come across something that's just plain - sometimes a cigar's just a cigar.

It's not a wing coaster.

Oh, look at me, relating school to what Kings Island is building - I should get extra credit!

• Like 4

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (probably has) but I'm in the park and hadnt been around FD yet, but passed by the construction fence just now. I also noticed some "no camping" signs. This leads me to hope the new ride is Bigfoot themed!

• Like 2

ohwell.jpg

Based on the supports, any inverted track (i.e. - Flyer or Invert) is out of the question. The picture above also closely matches any support used on most recent B&M's.

It's either a B&M Wing Rider (what I'm betting on) or a B&M Hyper/Mega.

Of course I'm just referring to what the track is... not suggesting that the green track at the B&M plant is destined for Kings Island. :)

Or a floorless coaster, a sitdown coaster, a stand up coaster, or a dive machine. Those supports could be for any non inverted B&M coaster.

• Like 2

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (probably has) but I'm in the park and hadnt been around FD yet, but passed by the construction fence just now. I also noticed some "no camping" signs. This leads me to hope the new ride is Bigfoot themed!

Can you get a picture of the "No Camping " sign?

• Like 2

Ask yourself. "I were in charge of all Cedar Fair properties would I put a wing coaster in a park that close to the one I just installed" I would think they would want to have a different experience at these two parks so they can attract people to both parks. Not one or the other.

• Like 2

Can you get a picture of the "No Camping " sign?

http://milliond0llardarkparadise.tumblr.com/image/51810517199

I hope this link works! I'm not very savvy with adding pics, I apologize.

• Like 6