Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

A premier spaghetti bowl launch coaster. Very original. Give me Joker's jinx at six flags any day. So annoying to be in line at KI and the lights go out in the que and everyone screams.

Actually it was very original. If you do a nice google search the Flight of Fear was the first Linear Induction Motor coaster in the world. So I would call that pretty original on the part of paramount

• Like 8

Wasn't King Cobra made from inferior Japanese steel? Also Shockwave at SFGAm was a year younger than Vortex and was scrapped in '04 for Superman. Hope Vortex stays but don't be too sure.

Yes, like PKIVortex said, it was a prototype so TOGO learned from their mistakes with the other surviving stand ups.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (probably has) but I'm in the park and hadnt been around FD yet, but passed by the construction fence just now. I also noticed some "no camping" signs. This leads me to hope the new ride is Bigfoot themed!

Can you get a picture of the "No Camping " sign?

http://milliond0llardarkparadise.tumblr.com/image/51810517199

I hope this link works! I'm not very savvy with adding pics, I apologize.

Man we threaten to bring back the trailer tower and they quickly put that darn sign up.

• Like 9

We all seemed pretty confident on the "mustang" title for the B&M looming over river town. They really fooled us all, I don't think it'll be so easily to guess the name.

For some stupid reason, I often accidentally call it "Whiplash".

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (probably has) but I'm in the park and hadnt been around FD yet, but passed by the construction fence just now. I also noticed some "no camping" signs. This leads me to hope the new ride is Bigfoot themed!

Can you get a picture of the "No Camping " sign?
Ooh- or Mothman! You might be onto something with the crypto theme, what with so many KI Rides being named after animals.

Thanks for the "No Camping" sign.

(Still hoping for a pterodactyl with a Jonny Quest soundtrack, though.)

well Vortex will survive as long as they can keep it from sinking..... Vortex is a signature ride but it will leave when it costs too much to maintain...

Just curious? How is Vortex sinking? It seems like it's on solid ground?

• Like 1

Wasn't King Cobra made from inferior Japanese steel? Also Shockwave at SFGAm was a year younger than Vortex and was scrapped in '04 for Superman. Hope Vortex stays but don't be too sure.

i lived in chicago during that time... and i will tell you, Superman was planned for the WIzzer location at SFGA.. but once coaster folk learned they were scrapping a classic Schwarzkopf coaster, the community started petitions against it.. and they ended up scrapping shockwave instead simply because they needed a place to implant the new coaster. and The Vortex is special... sure, it was amoung the first chapter of many mega looping arrows that followed.. but its still a major attraction. and as long as they can maintain it... i'm certain it will remain.

Here is the pic that emileeee linked:

atouxj.jpg

Maybe this is a message for KICers not to camp-out by the fence, with baited-breath, ready to pounce on any new bolt that may come off of a delivery truck.

Was this the only "no camping" sign?

There's 2 long rectangular footers that I viewed from Drop Tower today, and I didn't get to Eiffel Tower till dark, so I don't have a pic, but does anyone know any significance for 2 long rectangular footers, very close to each other?

well Vortex will survive as long as they can keep it from sinking..... Vortex is a signature ride but it will leave when it costs too much to maintain...

Same way Magnum has been sinking for years. The ground is eroding.

• Like 3

Same way Magnum has been sinking for years. The ground is eroding.

Just to clarify, The Vortex is not sinking. But it tends to be a very popular rumor because of how the ground below the ride is lower than the pathways I guess.

Sometimes sarcasm is hard to pick up online... :P

• Like 2

From what I've seen in pictures the long rectangular footers are seen in low areas where two supports are needed but are close enough together to be placed on one footer (like the triangular one that is set up for three connections on the KI site).

Scream Baffles Ohio Town

Posted on Sunday, August 21 - 2005

mystery_scream_ohio.jpg

An unusual and noisy mystery has people in a small town north of Middletown on edge, worried and asking questions, News 5’s Brain Hamrick reported.Liberty, Ohio, is a quiet little community, except for one thing -- the scream. Jamie Young told Hamrick she heard it while she and her husband were walking one evening. “It scared me. I didn’t want to finish my walk,” Young said. But instead of running into her house, she said she recorded the noise and sent a tape to the local newspaper.

With a sensitive microphone and some special ghost-hunting goggles, Hamrick went hunting for the haunting sounds, traipsing boldly into the most likely spots -- from a graveyard to an old church where flea market dealer Walt Wilson sells some truly frightening things. But he’s not worried. “I don’t think it’s going to wind up grabbing any of us and running off with us,” Wilsonsaid. Residents have no shortage of ideas about what’s making the sound, from cats to owls to something even scarier. Townspeople said they called in an animal expert, who told them the noise didn’t come from an animal. So for now, the scream remains a mystery.

• Like 2

Man I was hoping for the campground to re-open..

Improve Cedar Points facilities, but not rebuild a campground at KI..

Here is Ouimet talking about how he wants multiple day visits. Campers could stay at KI, truck up to CP stay there..

Multiple-day stays

Ouimet wants Cedar Point fans to spend more time at the park, over multiple days in what he refers to as "fun-cations." It's his take on the term "staycations," referring to the trend of more people staying closer to home, even as the economy is improving.

"The world is too complicated. You just want the best day of summer here," Ouimet said. "That's the goal we should have. We want to be the entertainment of choice."

To help attract even more visitors, Cedar Fair has invested $130 million in Ohio in the last five years and plans to spend as much as $100 million more on new capital investments in the next three years.

About $60 million will be spent on the company's three hotels and dormitories in the next three years, starting with initiatives like adding Wi-Fi capabilities at dormitories for employees and renovating the 100-year-old Breakers Hotel.

"You have to honor the legacy," he said of the 800-room property. "But you can't revere it. If there were no changes, we wouldn't be here. . . . We're toying with the idea of adding a kids' club facility."

Marcia Pledger, The Plain Dealer The Plain Dealeron February 23, 2013

I'm hoping for a 2 fold project, a new coaster.. Wish it was a GCII woodie, and rebuilt campgrounds.

KI is one of the only major properties that has lost its on site company owned lodging. Yes we have GWL, but that is no longer jointly owned by KI/CF. CP, CW,KD & KB all have company owned lodging of some type.

And HONESTLY.. When hasn't Don played games with the enthusiast?? Its likely the 1 joy he gets is reading our forums and thinking, Diversion worked!

• Like 2