Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I wish we were getting an intamin sans the horrible restraints, just tbars and a seat belt across the waist. The b&m we are getting will be over engineered, meaning forceless with a little floating air. With the intamin you can count on the first couple weeks the ride will be a ride of a lifetime since it will be so intense they will have to put trims on the drop or change out sections of track.

The barrel roll they took of maverick would have been the best element in coaster history.

• Like 1

Saying we won't get a certain kind of coaster because there's already one at Cedar Point knocks out a lot of possibilities.

Well if you go by that logic, a B&M giga is still a possibility :P

I do not for one moment believe you are daft enough that you're unable to see the difference between a specialty coaster like Top Thrill dragster, and what is considered more traditional coaster styles...Considering there are only a total of 4 uber-launchers in the world, I think the fact there is already one in Ohio owned by Cedar Fair is plenty sufficient.

Flame on!

I just thought of something that sounds great but would probably be a nightmare to construct in reality.

Wait for it...

Racing Giga coasters.

Thought of this while on RCT3 this afternoon and built it. It would definitely be cool for the park and almost sounds possible because

1. Could be a tribute towards The Racer
  2. Would be first of its kind
  3. would explain the early construction
  4. there's definitely room for it

But the reality is that one giga coaster is expensive enough already and two would be crazy expensive and take a lot to build too. Still, just sayin' it'd be pretty sweet.

Just another crazy idea hatched by yours truely,

DBI

• Like 5

^You're assuming it's going to be a B&M giga. No one knows yet.

Since this is currently being constructed, I have to think that atleast one person knows.
Apparently its a dive if you watched that second video. Not saying I support that idea, just a chance.

Here is the pic that emileeee linked:

atouxj.jpg

Maybe this is a message for KICers not to camp-out by the fence, with baited-breath, ready to pounce on any new bolt that may come off of a delivery truck.

Was this the only "no camping" sign?

Nope, there were one or two others in that same area.

^You're assuming it's going to be a B&M giga. No one knows yet.

Since this is currently being constructed, I have to think that at least one person knows.

Yeah, yeah, get technical on me. :rolleyes: But I think you understood what I meant. ;)

http://www.livepterosaur.com/LP_Blog/archives/4768

Strange Winged Creature in Ohio

March 1st, 2013 at 12:33

Honesty Credibility

Yesterday I spoke by phone to a man who seemed quite credible to me. In fact we had two phone conversations, and I found nothing in the manner of his speech, or in what he said, that gave any hint of any hoax: I believe him.

But the long hand-written letter I had just received from him—that’s the best evidence for his honesty. Let’s consider parts of it. (I did a little editing to correct English errors.)

Encounter With a Winged Creature in Ashland

My name is James M. Boice/Jim. I was looking [probably online searching] for a flying creature that is nocturnal, hoping maybe someone reported it. . . . I saw your article on pterodactyl.

I’ll tell you ahead of time: I didn’t see it. But you should hear me out anyway.

I got out of the U.S.M.C. in 1977 . . . lived several places in Ashland, Ohio, and I’d say around the early 80′s I was living on Ohio Street in Ashland. . . . I lived [in] the second house on the left on Ohio St., by the railroad tracks off Cottage Street.

It was at night. My wife was on the couch in the living room. I was sitting in the dining room reading . . . she had fallen asleep. . . . I heard a sound outside, like screaming. I heard . . . as if a cord cutting through the air, also the sound of a dog fighting with a cat, all these sounds at once.

I stood up and tried to look out the window but it was dark out and I couldn’t see . . . the sound stopped and I didn’t have lights out back. So then I sat back down but not for long . . . it started again. This time it made click clock sounds and loud banging, as it seemed to climb up the side of my house.

I stood up while hearing this again and listened. It went up two stories then up on the tin roof, which was approximately a 45 degree angle. Pounded very loud in fact. . . .

It then started down the way it had come up. When it got to the ground, it was right [off] the window in front of me and started to go left slowly and occasionally [would] bump the side of the house hard.

As it reached the tree out back, it started to make flapping sounds, as if flying very slowly, and you could hear the sounds of its wings, shh, shh, around one flap every three seconds. . . . I shut the door so it wouldn’t get in.

It flew towards the front of the house, then to the left, then to the right, then across the tracks. Then I opened the door and listened. I thought, at the time, it had a bat-like sound.

. . . I think it was trying to carry my dog away. It was a medium-sized dog . . . the next day, . . . [the dog] didn’t appear to be harmed.

[Getting back to the sounds of that night] While I was out in the backyard, I looked at the back of the house where I believe it was, and there were no scratches on the house but there was one [on] the [two] antennas. I think it went up that.

It [the antenna] had zig zag metal pieces in it. . . . [the creature] probably had claws on its front wings, as without them it would have to fly while climbing. . . .

I checked all kinds of birds, owls, etc, and they don’t fit . . . [they don't have claws on their wings]. . . .

[Much more was written in the letter by Mr. Boice.]

It’s hard to imagine any person trying to make a convincing hoax by sending me many pages of hand-written descriptions like the above account. It’s easier to believe that he heard the sounds that he said that he heard—much easier. That’s what I call ” high honesty credibility.”

As is often the case, however, high honesty credibility may coincide with a higher potential for misidentification. Although it seems unlikely that any classified bird was involved in this encounter in Ashland, Ohio, we have no sighting or clear evidence that the creature involved was a species of pterosaur. It may have been some other kind of winged cryptid. . . . still . . .

near-Ashland-OH-thart2009-1e702cb4cf_z.j

Near Ashland, Ohio

Strange Winged Creature in Ohio

March 1st, 2013 at 12:33

Honesty Credibility

Yesterday I spoke by phone to a man who seemed quite credible to me. In fact we had two phone conversations, and I found nothing in the manner of his speech, or in what he said, that gave any hint of any hoax: I believe him.

But the long hand-written letter I had just received from him—that’s the best evidence for his honesty. Let’s consider parts of it. (I did a little editing to correct English errors.)

Encounter With a Winged Creature in Ashland

My name is James M. Boice/Jim. I was looking [probably online searching] for a flying creature that is nocturnal, hoping maybe someone reported it. . . . I saw your article on pterodactyl.

I’ll tell you ahead of time: I didn’t see it. But you should hear me out anyway.

I got out of the U.S.M.C. in 1977 . . . lived several places in Ashland, Ohio, and I’d say around the early 80′s I was living on Ohio Street in Ashland. . . . I lived [in] the second house on the left on Ohio St., by the railroad tracks off Cottage Street.

It was at night. My wife was on the couch in the living room. I was sitting in the dining room reading . . . she had fallen asleep. . . . I heard a sound outside, like screaming. I heard . . . as if a cord cutting through the air, also the sound of a dog fighting with a cat, all these sounds at once.

I stood up and tried to look out the window but it was dark out and I couldn’t see . . . the sound stopped and I didn’t have lights out back. So then I sat back down but not for long . . . it started again. This time it made click clock sounds and loud banging, as it seemed to climb up the side of my house.

I stood up while hearing this again and listened. It went up two stories then up on the tin roof, which was approximately a 45 degree angle. Pounded very loud in fact. . . .

It then started down the way it had come up. When it got to the ground, it was right [off] the window in front of me and started to go left slowly and occasionally [would] bump the side of the house hard.

As it reached the tree out back, it started to make flapping sounds, as if flying very slowly, and you could hear the sounds of its wings, shh, shh, around one flap every three seconds. . . . I shut the door so it wouldn’t get in.

It flew towards the front of the house, then to the left, then to the right, then across the tracks. Then I opened the door and listened. I thought, at the time, it had a bat-like sound.

. . . I think it was trying to carry my dog away. It was a medium-sized dog . . . the next day, . . . [the dog] didn’t appear to be harmed.

[Getting back to the sounds of that night] While I was out in the backyard, I looked at the back of the house where I believe it was, and there were no scratches on the house but there was one [on] the [two] antennas. I think it went up that.

It [the antenna] had zig zag metal pieces in it. . . . [the creature] probably had claws on its front wings, as without them it would have to fly while climbing. . . .

I checked all kinds of birds, owls, etc, and they don’t fit . . . [they don't have claws on their wings]. . . .

[Much more was written in the letter by Mr. Boice.]

It’s hard to imagine any person trying to make a convincing hoax by sending me many pages of hand-written descriptions like the above account. It’s easier to believe that he heard the sounds that he said that he heard—much easier. That’s what I call ” high honesty credibility.”

As is often the case, however, high honesty credibility may coincide with a higher potential for misidentification. Although it seems unlikely that any classified bird was involved in this encounter in Ashland, Ohio, we have no sighting or clear evidence that the creature involved was a species of pterosaur. It may have been some other kind of winged cryptid. . . . still . . .

near-Ashland-OH-thart2009-1e702cb4cf_z.j

Near Ashland, Ohio

What?

• Like 1

Why speculate over a coaster enthusiasts you tube video?

Because speculating over an unverifiable claim that Intamin track was seen barreling down I-71 was old and busted and this is the new hotness. :P

Don't know if its relevant but I saw some green coaster track the other day round Wilmington.