Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Interesting how most on here that have commented in reference to my post keep discounting my hypothesis (which was that just because Mr. O's comments about no winged coasters on the menu does not necessarily mean we are not getting a winged coaster - if they have already ordered and signed a contract, then it isn't on the menu any more for consideration because it is a done deal that KI is getting one). Obviously these same folks chose to forget they are reading between the lines right now with respect to what is happening now- just the end of last year we were being told they had no plans for the former SOB area, which was true - because a contract was already signed for what is going in right now, so they have no plans for what to do with this area when this attraction has reached its useful life.

Some folks here have been quick to dismiss a winged coaster as why would they want another similar ride so close, yet Cedar Fair has how many WindSeekers, how many Soak City's, how many Planet Snoopy's, Dinasaurs Alive, Diamondback equivalent, etc. Maybe KI's will not overtake Cedar Point's winged coaster in a statistical category, but I could see one just a little shorter in height and length, but maybe add something to make it just different enough to draw folks. Just because the fanboys don't want two of the same thing so close doesn't imply it will not happen. Somewhere perhaps, some Dinasaur fanboy forum was speculating Cedar Fair would never put two Dinasaurs Alive in the same state and compete against one another :)

This is a business, and if they can negotiate a better deal purchasing in bulk, why not take advantage of it. With 3 winged coasters in the USA, why not make sure the odds fall in Cedar Fair's favor for the few individuals that would decide which park to go to simply because of a winged coaster - next year could be 4 USA parks with winged, two of which belong to Cedar Fair, coupled with their two parks-one price deal, they just got someone coming to their parks instead of Dollywood.

But alas, I have been told a cigar is just a cigar, so I will enjoy mine in the designated smoking area while you eat crow when they announce the dinosaur themed B&M dive wing coaster on July 5th during the showing of Jurassic Park at the dive in. :)

Who knows, maybe this post is a diversion...

I suspect that, like me, 99% of the posters are just having fun with the excitement of something new being built.
  • Like 2

Interesting how most on here that have commented in reference to my post keep discounting my hypothesis (which was that just because Mr. O's comments about no winged coasters on the menu does not necessarily mean we are not getting a winged coaster - if they have already ordered and signed a contract, then it isn't on the menu any more for consideration because it is a done deal that KI is getting one). Obviously these same folks chose to forget they are reading between the lines right now with respect to what is happening now- just the end of last year we were being told they had no plans for the former SOB area, which was true - because a contract was already signed for what is going in right now, so they have no plans for what to do with this area when this attraction has reached its useful life.

Some folks here have been quick to dismiss a winged coaster as why would they want another similar ride so close, yet Cedar Fair has how many WindSeekers, how many Soak City's, how many Planet Snoopy's, Dinasaurs Alive, Diamondback equivalent, etc. Maybe KI's will not overtake Cedar Point's winged coaster in a statistical category, but I could see one just a little shorter in height and length, but maybe add something to make it just different enough to draw folks. Just because the fanboys don't want two of the same thing so close doesn't imply it will not happen. Somewhere perhaps, some Dinasaur fanboy forum was speculating Cedar Fair would never put two Dinasaurs Alive in the same state and compete against one another :)

This is a business, and if they can negotiate a better deal purchasing in bulk, why not take advantage of it. With 3 winged coasters in the USA, why not make sure the odds fall in Cedar Fair's favor for the few individuals that would decide which park to go to simply because of a winged coaster - next year could be 4 USA parks with winged, two of which belong to Cedar Fair, coupled with their two parks-one price deal, they just got someone coming to their parks instead of Dollywood.

But alas, I have been told a cigar is just a cigar, so I will enjoy mine in the designated smoking area while you eat crow when they announce the dinosaur themed B&M dive wing coaster on July 5th during the showing of Jurassic Park at the dive in. :)

Who knows, maybe this post is a diversion...

Boy, aren't you full of BS!

- just kidding. I think very highly of what you say.

16ksvas.jpg

I've not posted on this topic much because the speculation of what is going on here is just to vague for me at this point. That said though, does anyone else see the possibility of the cleared area behind FoF possibly being used to connect X-base to AZ? I mean it doesn't HAVE to be all for the new ride, and I know many have said opening that area of the park would be a good idea. Probably have to reconfigure Firehawks queue, but in the grand scheme of things that would be a mild inconvenience.

• Like 3

Re: Screamscape...

Save this KI update in your memory banks...

"2014 - Banshee / New Coaster - Rumor - (6/3/13) Screamscape sources have confirmed to us that not only is the new Kings Island 2014 coaster from B&M, but it will be a new large Wing Coaster. And yes… unless things change, we can expect to see it fly under the Banshee name."

Because chances are, if the coaster isn't what Lance is *speculating*, the post will dissapear in a month or so without any acknowledgement of his ever being wrong.

• Like 12

I dont like that thing about the grass seed buy SoB's Rose Bowl. That was a large part of what we thought was the construction site. If they are planting grass seed that is almost a sure sign it will not be going back there.

That just proves we have to wait until August to find out.

Right..because there is no grass under Vortex, Firehawk, or Adventure Express.

I honestly can't think of why grass is such a telling sign of where the construction will/will not be.

Did they plant grass when they built Diamondback? No. When your building a house do you put grass seed down to make it look pretty during construction, No. No moron would plant grass to just ruin it with construction equipment. And Vortex, and every other coaster, has grass under it becuase its OLD and theres no construction going on there now.

Now if it was just weeds that is nothing, but if they specifically planted grass seed???

In my opinion if you look at everything from a logical standpoint it will first off be a B&M, CF seems to love them, and said they had another job for them, and also, I really doubt we would be getting a wing coaster, not everything Mr O and the others say is a diversion. They also don't want to take the thunder away from CP, because KI has major potential to eventually do that. I am betting on a giga, because they want something bigger and better to make everyone forget about SOB

• Like 2

Take this FWIW and if it breaks the TOS rule, delete it since I don't know her name but my wife was riding the Eiffel Tower Elevator last night, someone asked the question about the new construction.

Her response was "The only thing we know is that it is a Paranomal themed coaster through the woods. We do not know what type."

Go with it or not but it does make a bit of sense.

Banshee + video and audio monitoring + "increasing occurance of mysterious and bone chilling screams" + "Eveil phenomenom" + "No camping" + Green B&M supports.

You do the math.

It makes sense to me minus the woods part since most of the land is cleared.

• Like 1

don't they typicall blow straw over grass seed to keep it from washing away, while soaking in some extra water for growth?

I can't say if its grass, weeds, whatever growing in that area, I can't say if it was done on purpose or just nature taking its coarse, but the lawn & garden guy on 55krc mentioned the other day that the weather this year has created a "double growing season" meaning that the growth you'd expect in a typical spring on your trees, has grown twice as much this spring. Same would hold true for grass seed, weeds, rose bushes, etc.. Perhaps that accounts for more natural growth in that area than anyone would have anticipated.

I'll agree that you're not going to throw down grass seed in an area you plan to tear up again, but I wouldn't think you'd throw down grass seed until all the heavy equipment was moved out. Heavy equipment used in the construction has a tendancy to tear up existing ground.

• Like 4

While it may seem crazy to some and a waste to others, communities do have Water Management and Sediment Control Regulations, and one of which requires that any disturbed land that is non-vegitated (ie bare with no grass), shall be seeded as soon as practical as to prevent erosion runoff and polluting the waterways. Some communities will actually put a day limit, like a pile of dirt sitting for 45 days must be seeded, while others are more flexible with a "as soon as practical" - usually depends how "developer friendly" the community is as to how stringent the requirements are as well as enforced. I suspect the grassed area simply falls in this category - we may very well see it torn up later this year.

If they Hydroseeded, there will be no straw. The seed is applied with water and includes a fiber that holds in moisture.

This would create an instant green "grass looking" area.

I did not notice it as I was ridding Drop Tower but I wasn't really looking.

It was my 6 year old daughters first ride and I spent the time focused on her.

She LOVED it btw.

I will look again on Sunday if the mystery hasn't been resolved.

• Like 1

I really hope it's not a wing coaster. In my opinion, they aren't special enough for one to be put in KI a year after one goes in at CP 200 miles away.

Also, does anyone remember when the name "Banshee" was initially given to Mantis at CP and then changed because there was some controversy over what the meaning of a Banshee is? If they do name the ride this, what's to say it won't get the same controversy and have to be changed again?

PROJECT 2014 IS NOT A WING COASTER!

Old news.

The green track at the Ohio manufacturing plant is probably not relevant to Kings Island, so it'd be advisable to just throw that idea out the window.

Is it another Mega Coaster? Let's not forget Cedar Fair was maladroit enough to build two B&M Mega Coasters back-to-back in Canada's Wonderland.... so anything is possible with this companies inane thought process....

station_overview.jpg

I'm not sure if this idea has been thrown out yet and forgive me if it has, I can't quite keep up with the pace this topic goes sometimes. Anyways, what if the idea of this picture is backwards? What if the block section described is actually the station with the front being out towards SoB's old spot. After exiting the station if the train were to turn about 160 degrees, it could make that triangle footer a good pivot point for a B&M with a pre-drop, such as dominator. This is probably incorrect, but I'm just trying to think outside the box.

P.S. Sorry for not posting my own picture of my idea, I'm really not good with creating and posting them.

• Like 2