Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

On a side note...has Screamscape ever been correct in its predictions? At any time?

While I didn't check out many theme park fansites as much as here and KIExtreme (exceptions being OrlandoUnited for Harry Potter and Horror Night Nightmares every HHN), Screamscape managed to snag details on:

• Diamondback
  • The Simpsons Ride @ Universal Orlando
  • Wizarding World of Harry Potter Phase One & Two
  • New Fantasyland @ Magic Kingdom

Those are some of the most recent ones I can think of. Thing is with Screamscape, though, is that it's designed to be a hodgepodge of rumors, gossip, and information from multiple sources and fansites all rolled up into one mega site. Of course, most of what Lance puts up on his site is either a few days late (especially if you've been watching his Kings Island page) or just flat-out bogus rumors (Point fans still won't forgive him for the Intamin Aquatrax incident), and most times it's the fansites themselves that stumble upon the juicy stuff, like BGWfans nabbing the blueprints to what would eventually be Verbolten.

• Like 2

Let's not forget the Maverick layout he obtained illegally after confirming the Aquatrax....

Want to be a rumor site? Leave all the rumors posted. Don't eliminate the ones that made zero sense after the official announcement.

Re: Screamscape...

Some parks and PR folk actually submit rumors to Lance... I know of at least two instances where park reps have "leaked" stuff to Screamscape. It's no different than actors "leaking" things to TMZ... all for publicity. Sometimes those leaks are truth... sometimes they're false... sometimes they have merit... but sometimes they're designed to mislead.

I seem to recall that Screamscape, when Diamondback first began construction, posted that they heard from an official that the site was being prepped for a dive coaster. Add to that the interview that Dennis Spiegel (International Theme Park Services) gave to a local TV news station in Cincinnati saying that the construction appeared to him as being that of a "Dive Coaster." It turned out both were wrong... but wrong with the same guess... coincidence? As construction on Diamondback progressed... the original Screamscape speculation magically dissapeared. POOF!

I read Screamscape weekly. I enjoy it. But I also take it for what it's meant to be... rumors and speculation. Quite frankly, I've been able to better guess some things just by looking as ground prep than Screamscape has. But then other times, it's been on the mark. Typically, Screamscape is fairly accurate with specualtion about parks which Lance is intimately familiar. He's not intimately familiar with KI.

• Like 10

8942762943_f27c66969f_c.jpg

for your comparson.

I don't see it.

I kinda "see it"...but you should flip the Montu image, then it kinda makes sense.

And I want what Monroe is having, but give me a soda instead of beer, I'm non-achoholic. :P

Edit: Ironically, as I read this, I am eating a Chicken Sandwhich with Cheetoh's Hot Fries and driking a root beer. So perhaps just Monroe should eat Nachos...for now. :P

I know this is going out on a limb here, but the way those footers are paired aside from the set that look like they'll be a train shed make me think this could be an inverted coaster (which, throwing in my $0.02, is the type I'm hoping for). In comparison, I believe Diamondback's supports that hold up the brake run next to it's shed are regular supports like you'd see throughout the ride as opposed to the pairing's we're seeing here.

Again, just an observation.

Edit: Ironically, as I read this, I am eating a Chicken Sandwhich with Cheetoh's Hot Fries and driking a root beer. So perhaps just Monroe should eat Nachos...for now. :P

My acid reflux and hiatal hernia flare up just at the mere thought of eating like that. *URP*

• Like 5

Hello, first time poster here, but I've been reading since the beginning. So after almost 80 pages of posts I'd figured I'd chime in. One thing nobody has suggest yet (that I'm aware of) is a strata coaster, but have the traditional lift. Not sure if a chain would work but the cable lift would. Imagine a 400ft Millennium force or i305 or even something better. I wouldn't really care if it was B&M or intamin just as long as its a good ride. As far as the b&m invert goes, I've thought of that as the most realistic option from the start. If its one of those, hopefully it will be the tallest and fastest.

• Like 2