Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Hello, first time poster here, but I've been reading since the beginning. So after almost 80 pages of posts I'd figured I'd chime in. One thing nobody has suggest yet (that I'm aware of) is a strata coaster, but have the traditional lift. Not sure if a chain would work but the cable lift would. Imagine a 400ft Millennium force or i305 or even something better. I wouldn't really care if it was B&M or intamin just as long as its a good ride. As far as the b&m invert goes, I've thought of that as the most realistic option from the start. If its one of those, hopefully it will be the tallest and fastest.

This is the type of coaster I've always dreamed of. Essentially a giga coaster but 400+'. I highly doubt it will happen and am even dubious of a giga next year, but I'd love either one. I'm thinking either a dive machine or an invert at this point. An invert would be great if there was something fresh to it.

Personally, I hope for and am highly confident that this will be a B&M invert. Here is a sloppy drawing of what I think we are looking at:

MyVision_zps01d7cb56.jpg

Edit: Sorry for large image. Don't know how to make it smaller.

Open it in Paint, resize it and save as a .jpg.

I can see that happening. And I also don't see it interfering with AE too much to ruin the experience (maybe just the few seconds of calm and relaxation before dropping into the first tunnel).

The thing that irks me, though, is the possibility of bottlenecks for the new attraction in that location, and Action Zone itself is one big alley full of bottlenecks. I sincerely hope at least a new path is constructed that goes behind Delirium/Sling Shot and connects to AE/Coke Oasis Plaza.

• Like 2

Secondson, you're post made me think this seriously is a B&M invert. With my last post thinking the lift would go in that direction and then you drawing the drop swooping like that. The Montu prediction also makes sense kinda. Then I looked up this:

s6j1q9.jpg

hmmm.... looks oddly familiar with the drop footers.

I do, however, find it weird to have the parks only inverting coasters all in one area if this is an invert. (Not counting flying ace's aerial chase.)

• Like 3

After using google earth and checking out Patriot's supperts and footers I do think it will be a Invert. Check out the trianglular footer located on the base of the first drop! Looks very similar to the footer for 14'.

Lets just hope it is more like a Talon or Montu oppose to a Patriot...

Patriot was a snooze.....

Or they can just bring back Scooters :) AKA Flying Eagles :)

Also I would be next to flight deck. An invert next to a suspended.

Two inverts in stone's throw of each other? kinda odd to me.

Edit, inverted and suspended. still hanging from under the track.

Don't forget about Invertigo.

and how would an invert be something to really market at new and unique. inverts have been around for a long time.

Who said it has to be Unique? As long as its new and shiny it will get peoples attention.

I think I heard once that B&M would be interested in creating a launch version of a coaster if a park wanted it....wouldn't it be cool to have an invert that stops someplace and then launches through more.....maybe at the midpoint.

With hints of a paranormal theme that would be interesting.

If it is an Invert I would be very disappointed. I would rather have a Giga or Wind Rider or even a Dive coaster.

Have you ever ridden either an invert or a diver? Each of the 3 inverts I've ridden (Raptor, Dueling Dragons and Montu) have been absolutely spectacular. The dive machine I've ridden (Sheikra) was fun, but not very impressionable. I've always wondered why folks around here tend to clamor for dive machines. I suggest you go to Busch Gardens and ride their diver and invert in the same setting. See which one you would rather ride a second time.

Of all of the steel coaster possibilities, a B&M Invert would be my first choice.

• Like 7