Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

and how would an invert be something to really market at new and unique. inverts have been around for a long time.

Who said it has to be Unique? As long as its new and shiny it will get peoples attention.

I would think that it should be considering it is replacing a very high profile ride that was itself very unique even if it was a failure.

If it is an Invert I would be very disappointed. I would rather have a Giga or Wind Rider or even a Dive coaster.

Have you ever ridden either an invert or a diver? Each of the 3 inverts I've ridden (Raptor, Dueling Dragons and Montu) have been absolutely spectacular. The dive machine I've ridden (Sheikra) was fun, but not very impressionable. I've always wondered why folks around here tend to clamor for dive machines. I suggest you go to Busch Gardens and ride their diver and invert in the same setting. See which one you would rather ride a second time.

Of all of the steel coaster possibilities, a B&M Invert would be my first choice.

I have been to BG and rode their invert once and their diver four times.

I much rather ride Sheirka over Montu.

Two inverts in stone's throw of each other? kinda odd to me.

Edit, inverted and suspended. still hanging from under the track.

Well if it is a B & M, with the exception of a floorless, flying, or a new style, any B & M will be within a stone's throw of each other.

Edited by Browntggrr

I'm sticking to my guns and believing it's going to be a Leviathan style coaster, that's what was mentioned to me and I think it's possible. I wouldn't mind a B&M invert at all, I've loved all of the inverts I've been on. But I'm just not really a fan of the wing coaster. The restraints most specifically. For me, and for others as well, they get tighter and tighter through out the course and make it difficult to breathe. It really ruins in the for me. I love the long drawn out elements, (zero g's are my favorite, so Wild Eagle's zero G and flat spins are amazing) but the ride duration and the restraints still had me preferring Mystery Mine and Thunderhead over Wild Eagle.

In the end, can't really complain about getting a new coaster since we are in desperate need of another quality ride like Diamondback as our other rides continue to age. BUT! The park is doing a good job at keeping The Beast alive; but man I can't ride Vortex anymore. That thing kills me. Let'er sink.

One more thing. Can we get rid of the worthless WindSeeker and replace it with a Skyscreamer like, ASAP?! I rode WindSeeker for the second time the other day and it was not thrilling in the least and on a crowded day it was a walk on. Although it does look pretty at night. But what a waste.

• Like 1

If it is an Invert I would be very disappointed. I would rather have a Giga or Wind Rider or even a Dive coaster.

I agree.

Yeah, I agree with you guys. I don't know why, but I never really have got the coaster "awe" experience with Inverts. Ive ridden some goods ones like Alpengeist and Raptor, and Im just not a fan. I think it is becasue unless your in the front seat, you don;t see much.

and how would an invert be something to really market at new and unique. inverts have been around for a long time.

Who said it has to be Unique? As long as its new and shiny it will get peoples attention.

I would think that it should be considering it is replacing a very high profile ride that was itself very unique even if it was a failure.

I dont think it needs to be unique though, I think we need a new coaster with some loops. Kings Island has only added one coaster that has had multiple loops in the last 13 years and that was Firehawk.

Yes Hulk is a launcher, but the launching system was not a B&M idea, at least that is what I read someplace.

Correct. I don't want to have any coaster near Kings Island that's involved with tire launches. Unless it gently pushes the coaster in and out of the station. :) Actually, when I worked on Diamondback the tires that sat in the sun that pushed the trains in and out of the station/lift that wore down/tore/broke off were what most often caused break downs. Just change a tire.

• Like 1

One more thing. Can we get rid of the worthless WindSeeker and replace it with a Skyscreamer like, ASAP?! I rode WindSeeker for the second time the other day and it was not thrilling in the least and on a crowded day it was a walk on. Although it does look pretty at night. But what a waste.

If it is a waste to you, don't ride it.

Didn't cost much, looks beautiful at night, is usually a walk on, is a great way to cool off on a hot day without getting soaked.

May not be your cup of tea, but, how does one consider putting a good looking, inexpensive ride in an unutilized place in the park a waste?

• Like 5

Yes Hulk is a launcher, but the launching system was not a B&M idea, at least that is what I read someplace.

Correct. I don't want to have any coaster near Kings Island that's involved with tire launches. Unless it gently pushes the coaster in and out of the station. :) Actually, when I worked on Diamondback the tires that sat in the sun that pushed the trains in and out of the station/lift that wore down/tore/broke off were what most often caused break downs. Just change a tire.

Maybe thats why the tire launch on Hulk was in a tunnel.

• Like 1

Somewhat unrelated, but doesn't the Incredible Hulk ride at Islands of Adventure count as a launched B&M?

Yes, it is a launched B&M, but the launch was custom designed by Universal Creative. The wheels are always checked and i believe are foam filled. If a wheel needs replaced it can be done in about 20-30 minutes. The launch tunnel has compressed air outlets for impact wrenches. They also use the air to help blow out the rubber dust too.

The tunnel was part of the intial concept so protecting the tires is probably secondary.

There are 3 B&M's at Universal Orlando, the dueling dragons count as 2 coasters.

Central Florida has the most B&M coasters within 1 hour of each other, with 3 at UO, 2 at SWO, 3 at BGT.

Source: was opening crew at IOA

• Like 2

Secondson, you're post made me think this seriously is a B&M invert. With my last post thinking the lift would go in that direction and then you drawing the drop swooping like that. The Montu prediction also makes sense kinda. Then I looked up this:

s6j1q9.jpg

hmmm.... looks oddly familiar with the drop footers.

I do, however, find it weird to have the parks only inverting coasters all in one area if this is an invert. (Not counting flying ace's aerial chase.)

Actually, it wasn't my post, so I can't take credit for it. It was KingsIsland#1Fan's post. I simply quoted it to tell him how to make the image smaller. ;)

• Like 1

From the topic thread that was closed about the "Banshee" name rights being held by Cedar Fair now, I just wanted to say that what I said is true about the name not wanting to be used in the past for what we now know as Mantis, due to the words meaning.

Even RCDB says so, which is a credible source.

http://rcdb.com/7.htm

"Etymology: Initially, Mantis was to be named "Banshee". In Irish folklore, a Banshee is a female spirit whose wail was said to foretell a death in the family. After this definition was printed in a local newspaper, the "Banshee" name was dropped in favor of "Mantis". The original "Banshee" logo would later come to be that of Dorney Park's Steel Force."

Just wanted to clear this up. I make sure I do some reserach before I go posting stuff like this.

Anywho... :)

Have you ever ridden either an invert or a diver? Each of the 3 inverts I've ridden (Raptor, Dueling Dragons and Montu) have been absolutely spectacular. The dive machine I've ridden (Sheikra) was fun, but not very impressionable. I've always wondered why folks around here tend to clamor for dive machines. I suggest you go to Busch Gardens and ride their diver and invert in the same setting. See which one you would rather ride a second time.

Of all of the steel coaster possibilities, a B&M Invert would be my first choice.

Inverted coasters used to be my favorite but now they always give me the spinnies so I would prefer a Dive or Giga for that reason. I'm also not a fan of over the shoulder harnesses so hopefully it will have lap bars similar to Diamondback.

I've been on Montu, Dueling Dragons, Raptor, Great Bear and Volcano. I would take a coaster similar a i305, Millennium Force or Sheikra over all of them because I can ride them over and over without getting the spinnies.

• Like 1

Everything in the Zone but Congo Falls is a ride where either the car or your feet dangle...sounds like a theme.... :)

New for 2014, KI's all new area, the "Dangle Zone".

So that would make I-71 "Highway to the Dangle Zone"?

• Like 11

Everything in the Zone but Congo Falls is a ride where either the car or your feet dangle...sounds like a theme.... :)

New for 2014, KI's all new area, the "Dangle Zone".

So that would make I-71 "Highway to the Dangle Zone"?

I was waiting for a Top Gun joke...

• Like 2

Inverted coasters used to be my favorite but now they always give me the spinnies so I would prefer a Dive or Giga for that reason. I'm also not a fan of over the shoulder harnesses so hopefully it will have lap bars similar to Diamondback.

I've been on Montu, Dueling Dragons, Raptor, Great Bear and Volcano. I would take a coaster similar a i305, Millennium Force or Sheikra over all of them because I can ride them over and over without getting the spinnies.

I agree with you there. Inverts usually put me out of commission for at least an hour after riding one. Assuming this is an invert, I would ride it to see what it is like but if it does to me what Raptor and Batman did, I probably won't ride it again.