Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

If this is an invert, I feel like it would be cool if it went into the valley near Adventure Express. Again if it is an invert, the lift most likely may be towards Sling Shot (there is enough space depending on the height. Of coarse it is most likely going to be a B&M (the triangular multi-support footer is seen on Behemoth, Diamondback, Leviathan, Patriot, and maybe many other B&M's). Just waiting until WLWT News 5 catches some clues like they did for Diamondback and WindSeeker, and until late summer when more clues, begin to pop up like popcorn

and how would an invert be something to really market at new and unique. inverts have been around for a long time.

Who said it has to be Unique? As long as its new and shiny it will get peoples attention.

Ki people, I think, expect unique. It's built into the landscape, at least the older park goers. There was a post here a few days earlier asking what was so special about FOF- not realizing how different the ride was when it first premiered.

We are a prototype peoples. It seems as if we're not being guinea pigs, the ride ain't much.

• Like 3

I wonder when track will start to show up! I'm tired of waiting.

What do you expect to happen when track shows up? You are still gonna have to wait till next year to enjoy it.

Take a step back and think about this: only a handful of footers are in. Why would track show up now? It has no where to go except sit & take up space.

With the colossal amount of land they cleared out for Diamondback, I don't think either Cedar Fair or KI remembers how to build a good terrain coaster. And my issue with inverts is that unless you're in the front seat, you can't see anything. So I guess I hope it's a giga.

• Like 2

I'm just going to wait for more development, and leave this dormant...last time I was there, they had a bit more, but nothing too crazy just yet. I'll just be patient and wait it out. I would think they'd be moving constantly but it's in short small spurts of construction & development. In due time we'll see what we get

• Like 1

I agree that we barely have footers going in and track is a long way off unless this is a monstrosity that takes 8 months to build.

I think this is a monstrosity. Gatekeeper was built within a short time frame September-March. So Kings Island starting construction this early may suggest that we are getting something larger than Gatekeeper, and that itself is a monstrosity.

• Like 2

I agree that we barely have footers going in and track is a long way off unless this is a monstrosity that takes 8 months to build.

I think this is a monstrosity. Gatekeeper was built within a short time frame September-March. So Kings Island starting construction this early may suggest that we are getting something larger than Gatekeeper, and that itself is a monstrosity.

I hope it's something bigger than Gatekeeper! :)

• Like 3

I guess I just don't understand why they would build a giga with Diamondback already there. I know its only 230' tall, but they would have similar ride experiences. I think the logical B&M would either be an invert or a dive. I say a dive since there isn't another one anywhere close, and I say and invert because most parks of KIs size have one. And a while back Ouimet mentioned evaluating what parks are lacking and adding attractions to fill those gaps.

I guess I just don't understand why they would build a giga with Diamondback already there. I know its only 230' tall, but they would have similar ride experiences. I think the logical B&M would either be an invert or a dive. I say a dive since there isn't another one anywhere close, and I say and invert because most parks of KIs size have one. And a while back Ouimet mentioned evaluating what parks are lacking and adding attractions to fill those gaps.

Canada's Wonderland.

• Like 6

I think the reason behind starting early is.....wait for it......because they can! The Ground is cleared, the area has no impact on daily operations, and the weather is nice! I dont think it has anything to do with the size of whatever is coming for 2014. If every park could build new attractions during this time of the year, im sure they would all take advantage of it!

Or maybe its an intamin and just needs as much time as possible to work out some of the bugs their rides always have! ;)

May I respectfully ask....why are many people so hung up on getting a giga? We already have Diamondback which gives you enough speed and airtime. Yeah, it's a hyper, but the point is we already have a decent steel coaster that provides a similar experience of going fast over some hills. Wouldn't you guys rather see us get something which has some inversions we don't yet see on ANY coaster at KI? Why do other parks get all the prestige of having one? Why did Wonderland, Kings Dominion and Carowinds ALL have inverts while KI only got a suspended coaster? Why do many other parks have stand-up coasters with multiple inversions, and yet we still don't have one. Come one, what's the fascination with dropping over 300' and flying along a track at 90+mph? Isn't that boring? I want something that is more interesting than that, and if we were to get a giga, I'd be extremely disappointed. I sometimes think people want a giga just for the sake of saying we have one. Big deal. Are some of you that much of a thrill junkie? What would happen after you got tired of the giga? Then would you want KI to build a 400' coaster? WHERE would they put it? And then after you got bored with that, would you want another one that goes 500', heads out toward I-71 and speeds along the median of the expressway, passing up cars before dropping into a tunnel and coming up into a loop over the interstate lanes? What 'high' is going to be enough for you?

If it is an Invert I would be very disappointed. I would rather have a Giga or Wind Rider or even a Dive coaster.

I agree.
I third that. Doesn't anyone else think inverts are outdated? And head swirlers? :wacko:

No, I don't think inverts are outdated. If that's the thought process, why did we even get Diamondback to begin with? I mean, by the time we finally got it, hypers had already been around for 20 years. Magnum opened in 1989, and look how long it took for KI to finally get a steel hyper. Not only that, but why do they still build wooden coasters? Aren't they outdated by now?

Or it could just mean they want to get started early so they can work on other stuff in the old SOB footprint. There's nothing written in stone stating all that open space has to be used for only one ride.

I guess I just don't understand why they would build a giga with Diamondback already there. I know its only 230' tall, but they would have similar ride experiences.

THANK you! Nice to see someone else feels the same way about it that I do.

• Like 2

I don't think the point is being made that there isn't a coaster with inversions but there are so few that do. The only inverting rides in the park are the four you just mentioned. That's not a whole lot comparative to the 80+ other attractions.

May I respectfully ask....why are many people so hung up on getting a giga? We already have Diamondback which gives you enough speed and airtime. Yeah, it's a hyper, but the point is we already have a decent steel coaster that provides a similar experience of going fast over some hills. Wouldn't you guys rather see us get something which has some inversions we don't yet see on ANY coaster at KI? Why do other parks get all the prestige of having one? Why did Wonderland, Kings Dominion and Carowinds ALL have inverts while KI only got a suspended coaster? Why do many other parks have stand-up coasters with multiple inversions, and yet we still don't have one. Come one, what's the fascination with dropping over 300' and flying along a track at 90+mph? Isn't that boring? I want something that is more interesting than that, and if we were to get a giga, I'd be extremely disappointed. I sometimes think people want a giga just for the sake of saying we have one. Big deal. Are some of you that much of a thrill junkie? What would happen after you got tired of the giga? Then would you want KI to build a 400' coaster? WHERE would they put it? And then after you got bored with that, would you want another one that goes 500', heads out toward I-71 and speeds along the median of the expressway, passing up cars before dropping into a tunnel and coming up into a loop over the interstate lanes? What 'high' is going to be enough for you?

If it is an Invert I would be very disappointed. I would rather have a Giga or Wind Rider or even a Dive coaster.

I agree.
I third that. Doesn't anyone else think inverts are outdated? And head swirlers? :wacko:

No, I don't think inverts are outdated. If that's the thought process, why did we even get Diamondback to begin with? I mean, by the time we finally got it, hypers had already been around for 20 years. Magnum opened in 1989, and look how long it took for KI to finally get a steel hyper. Not only that, but why do they still build wooden coasters? Aren't they outdated by now?

Or it could just mean they want to get started early so they can work on other stuff in the old SOB footprint. There's nothing written in stone stating all that open space has to be used for only one ride.

I guess I just don't understand why they would build a giga with Diamondback already there. I know its only 230' tall, but they would have similar ride experiences.

THANK you! Nice to see someone else feels the same way about it that I do.

did i say that all the space was being used? No. all im saying is that we most likely may get a large size coaster, that doesnt mean the whole entire footprint of Son of Beast is going to be used.