Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

You didn't have any problems with the restraints? Then again I don't know what you body type is. Based on the reviews from people I know the thinner (like myself) people have had problems with the restraints, mainly it grabbing at my shoulders and proceeding to make it difficult to breathe air into my lungs. Wild Eagle is short, so it didn't take away everything from my experience so that makes me nervous about Gatekeeper.

I had problems with those restraints. To say they were secure was an understatement. Those shoulder straps clawed into my shoulders. I didn't have a problem breathing, but then again perhaps I was focusing too much on the pain. Then again, I do have pretty developed shoulders. Still, that was probably my second worst first ride experience, with my first ride on Vortex being the first. But this problem doesn't seem like one I can grow out of. Darn.

I did not have as much of an issue with the Gatekeeper restraints as my wife did. We rode it once and she was sore and had red marks on her collarbone all day. I felt the restraints pressing against my collarbone, but not enough that it hurt that bad. I did have a hard time taking deep breaths after the ride was over, which was a little concerning. I think if I rode it a few times in a day I would have an issue with the restraints. It would be nice if they didn't constantly tighten throughout the ride.

Also, we went on the 2nd weekend of operation and both my wife and I were surprised that Gatekeeper already had a bit of that vibration that we sometimes feel on Diamondback. Does it have something to do with whatever they have done to make them more quiet than other B&M's?

All wing coasters I rode had same restrains that were not bad, but the over the shoulder restraint system was rather uncomfortable. Gatekeeper is the best of the three I have rode so far. All three are nice and smooth rides that are quite relaxing. They are NOT designed to be intense thrill machines. I found Raptor and Batman the Ride to be much more intense than wing coasters.

BTW, the most comfortable over the shoulder restraint system I found is Intimidator 305 since the modification. Firehawk one is nice, too.

• Like 1

I have 4 rides on Gatekeeper and honestly I thought the restraints were some of the best and most comfortable. Me my son and wife all feel that way about them. Now we all do have some meat on us but I wouldn't say the seats are built for large people as I watched two do the walk of shame yesterday.

• Like 1

Speaking of the seats....the "big boy seats" (row 4 on Gatekeeper), i can sit anywhere on the train at my size, but there is maybe an extra inch of belt...thats it! I thought the seat or restraint would be a little bigger than the regular seats, but the belt is the only difference.

Great ride!...not for the forces, but for the experience! Extremely different than anything else the park offers! Don't expect airtime or extreme forces....although i did grey out a little at the bottom of the first drop.....just ride it for what it is and you will enjoy it! A very graceful, smooth, different coaster experience!

• Like 1

I did not have as much of an issue with the Gatekeeper restraints as my wife did. We rode it once and she was sore and had red marks on her collarbone all day. I felt the restraints pressing against my collarbone, but not enough that it hurt that bad. I did have a hard time taking deep breaths after the ride was over, which was a little concerning. I think if I rode it a few times in a day I would have an issue with the restraints. It would be nice if they didn't constantly tighten throughout the ride.

Also, we went on the 2nd weekend of operation and both my wife and I were surprised that Gatekeeper already had a bit of that vibration that we sometimes feel on Diamondback. Does it have something to do with whatever they have done to make them more quiet than other B&M's?

Its the steel fabrication from clermont steel. The least bit of the track being off shows up big time at higher speeds. All newer b&m's all jackhammer in the rear of the train.

Its the steel fabrication from clermont steel. The least bit of the track being off shows up big time at higher speeds. All newer b&m's all jackhammer in the rear of the train.

I'm sorry man but come on. Jackhammering is what was felt of SoB not DB or any B&M. Let's not be overdramatic. Let's go with rattle instead. Also, Clerment probably produces a fine product or B&M would go elsewhere. And I'm no expert but I'm sure each piece is carefully inspected before leaving the plant.

• Like 8

So if we follow Diamondbacks construction timeline, which appears to be similar to this project, by the end of July track theoretically should be appearing on the site.

Which was right about the time there was an official announcement wasn't it?

Anyway.....

Now that I've wasted 15 minutes of my morning reading about restraints and jackhammering, does anyone have any updated information about the construction going on for our new Intamin/B&M hybrid giga inverted dark ride with 32 inversions which is made out of wood?

• Like 1

So if we follow Diamondbacks construction timeline, which appears to be similar to this project, by the end of July track theoretically should be appearing on the site.

Which was right about the time there was an official announcement wasn't it?

Yes, just a week or so before the announcement. I'm hoping for a Fourth of July weekend announcement

Anyway.....

Now that I've wasted 15 minutes of my morning reading about restraints and jackhammering, does anyone have any updated information about the construction going on for our new Intamin/B&M hybrid giga inverted dark ride with 32 inversions which is made out of wood?

I have no clue. I'm taking a break from decoding.

S.O.B. who is enjoying his nice North Carolina vacation.

• Like 2

An announcement will be made around the time season passes for 2014 begin going on sale in August. That's when most of next year's big additions are announced, in order to increase sales. Diamondback was announced August 6, 2008.

This construction, however, is not following the Diamondback construction timeline. Diamondback had land clearing beginning in late 2007 and had seemingly twice as many footers set on opening day than this does now in June. Not because it was any bigger or better, that's just how it went. Gatekeeper construction didn't even start until late Summer 2012. Every addition is different, and there is no master-timeline off of which all construction is planned.

As for new construction updates, I'd stop asking for them daily if I were you guys. At this point in construction I would expect a slow increase in footer population for a quite a while, barring some unforeseen circumstances (Diamondback had a splashdown pool, that was pretty weird being built when we didn't know what it was).

• Like 9

An announcement will be made around the time season passes for 2014 begin going on sale in August. That's when most of next year's big additions are announced, in order to increase sales. Diamondback was announced August 6, 2008.

This construction, however, is not following the Diamondback construction timeline. Diamondback had land clearing beginning in late 2007 and had seemingly twice as many footers set on opening day than this does now in June. Not because it was any bigger or better, that's just how it went. Gatekeeper construction didn't even start until late Summer 2012. Every addition is different, and there is no master-timeline off of which all construction is planned.

As for new construction updates, I'd stop asking for them daily if I were you guys. At this point in construction I would expect a slow increase in footer population for a quite a while, barring some unforeseen circumstances (Diamondback had a splashdown pool, that was pretty weird being built when we didn't know what it was).

But if you think about it, this construction started in late 2012 with the removal of SOB. So late 2012 is equivalent to late 2007 here. Also the land was already clear for this.

• Like 1

Just curious, but does anyone remember what Screamscape said during the follow-up of Diamondback?

icon_STOP.gif2009 - B&M Hypercoaster - Rumor - (6/9/08) Make the jump over to KICentral to see some great aerial photos taken of the park showing off the 2009 coaster construction site. In addition to the now complete splashdown lagoon area you can see they’ve been clearing more space out in the woods past The Crypt.

^Less than a month before the announcement

(and exactly 4 years ago today)

• Like 6

I have to get this of my chest and I really hope I'm not the only one noticing it, Big Sexy is contradicting himself! :lol: Wheres that nacho popcorn doohikkie mabob? I need it because this is getting so good.

Yes, we've noticed. I already brought it up on the last page... http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/?p=519781 ;)

Just curious, but does anyone remember what Screamscape said during the follow-up of Diamondback?

icon_STOP.gif2009 - B&M Hypercoaster - Rumor - (6/9/08) Make the jump over to KICentral to see some great aerial photos taken of the park showing off the 2009 coaster construction site. In addition to the now complete splashdown lagoon area you can see theyve been clearing more space out in the woods past The Crypt.

^Less than a month before the announcement

(and exactly 4 years ago today)

Five.

• Like 3

I have to get this of my chest and I really hope I'm not the only one noticing it, Big Sexy is contradicting himself! :lol: Wheres that nacho popcorn doohikkie mabob? I need it because this is getting so good.

Yes, we've noticed. I already brought it up on the last page... http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/?p=519781 ;)

Contradicting what? I don't have a problem with the jackhammering, it gives character. Mrs. Sexy does not like it due to the jackhammering. There is no new track for a different ride at the plant. That is a wing coaster going to europe. My source must be mistaken. I saw intamin track.

Hook, line, sinker.