Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Tj beat me to the news and the photo. I saw the same earlier today. After my own investigation, I think it is a donkey camp theme coaster, something of a tall steel, B&M _________. (I don't know on model) With that it will extend behind AE, close to the FoF and back safari country, possibly at the trams? In all honesty, this thing can and will be a long great coaster.

• Like 1

Intamin always pushes the envelope while b&m is more about a cautious reliable ride.

And this is a bad thing? The reason you don't see issues from Beemers that you see from Intamins is because B&M sticks with tried-and-true methods that still deliver. You don't need a 400 foot tall, 120 mph launching coaster to draw crowds.

You do if your park already has a hyper and a giga...

And since Cedar Point added a 420 foot tall coaster, they've added a 105 foot coaster and a 170 foot coaster. Since Six Flags Great Adventure added a 456 foot tall coaster, they've added a 181 foot coaster and a 154 foot coaster. Both parks seem to be doing fairly well in this post-one-upping-themselves situation.

Honestly, the next time someone suggests that taller and faster coasters are better or necessary, I may just pull my hair out. To the general public and to most sensible enthusiasts, Kings Island's choice to add an Intamin "Biggah Baddah Fastah" ride or a B&M "Snorefest" will not significantly alter their plans to visit and spend at the park. To about 99% of the people who visit Kings Island, a new ride is a new ride. I'll be dammed if anyone in management actually protested a B&M addition because some enthusiasts think they're boring.

• Like 5

Have you rode a 120 mph 400 foot tall coaster? It's an amazing experience.

I have and I stand by my philosophy. Apparently other parks do too, because there are only two in existence.

If ki built a rocket there would be 3-4 hr waits excluding downtown.

I don't think anyone can say any large roller coaster is a "snooze fest" with a straight face. Slow moving boat rides are a snooze fest.

I don't think anyone can say any large roller coaster is a "snooze fest" with a straight face. Slow moving boat rides are a snooze fest.

Yeh, obviously the guy has never been on Lake Cumberland on a pontoon boat with a gaggle of old aunts.

I'd rather not Don tell us, I like the speculation. I think I'm going to be happy with whatever it ends up being, compared to some of the downright scary ideas I'm seeing on this board.

When I go to the Haunt, I'd like it to be just like when I first saw the Diamondback. I want to see the construction arcing into the night sky, and a smiling construction worker, hands on hips, standing near a miniature model of the coaster he's building.

I`m surprised no one has mentioned it yet...

I too have a feel for the layout.

P1010687_zps67f8056e.jpg

Well.... This will be my first post ever on here so hopefully I don't get attacked! With that said, I have a feeling that the old SOB station might be used.

I think Don really wanted to reply with this

giiudf.jpg

• Like 17

Crypt those rides are not people eaters.

I know one in a old Six park....

OUCH!

Terp, gasping.

Dude, you're slippin'. Beast1979 spelled "dammed" wrong (should be damned) - and you missed it. tsk tsk tsk.

• Like 2

I thought we already did the Screamscape thing? It's since been changed, and we all noted it.

Or am I missing something?

See, now Terp has me all flustered because Jackson doesn't curse....but I do, and now I'm embarrassed and should be ashamed of myself, because...

Oh, screw it. facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 2