Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

The park didn't get Diamondback for 17 years because it was not what the park needed. Over expansion would have killed it early on. Take a visit to Six Flags World of Adventure and Hard Rock Park for proof.

Oh what a memory!!! I grew up on Geauga Lake and worked the Dominator for a season up there. That's why I am hoping for a floorless. There are not too many around (8 in the U.S). Talk about a way to take a market and push a CP and KI combined ticket!!!

• Like 8

I was at the park yesterday and have an interesting photo to share. It appears one of the triangular footers has been removed from behind slingshot.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Justiflyer/library/?sort=3&page=1

Now they're just messing with us! Perhaps this entire construction site is a diversion... They're just building and rearranging footers in a very public place to keep us occupied while they secretly build the real ride out in the woods...

• Like 4

It took 27 years to get a b&m coaster, after 32 years we will have our first intamin coaster.

The park didn't get Diamondback for 17 years because it was not what the park needed. Over expansion would have killed it early on. Take a visit to Six Flags World of Adventure and Hard Rock Park for proof.

17 years...27 years...37 years, only a ten year difference between each one. Not a big deal, right?

Maybe what we saw earlier were just markers for a triangular footer to be placed at. It still looks like the shape is still there to me.

That is correct. The concrete slab is gone while the shape from where it was is still there.

Oh what a memory!!! I grew up on Geauga Lake and worked the Dominator for a season up there. That's why I am hoping for a floorless. There are not too many around (8 in the U.S). Talk about a way to take a market and push a CP and KI combined ticket!!!

At least there is one more person here whom enjoys Dominator and would like to see a floorless coaster at Kings Island. Dominator has good capacity and is a great ride. Something like Dominator would be great at Kings Island, not only to change up the coaster line-up a little but also to bring even more inversions to the park!

(Or maybe I'm just saying this because Dominator is my favorite steel coaster :ph34r: )

• Like 3

At least there is one more person here whom enjoys Dominator and would like to see a floorless coaster at Kings Island. Dominator has good capacity and is a great ride. Something like Dominator would be great at Kings Island, not only to change up the coaster line-up a little but also to bring even more inversions to the park!

(Or maybe I'm just saying this because Dominator is my favorite steel coaster :ph34r: )

I'm with you two on this one. Dominator was my favorite steel coaster until I rode Diamondback and Millie.

It looks like they're getting ready to pour the cement for that triangle footing.

That is exactly what I was thinking because in the earlier pics there was grass in the middle of it.

• Like 3

Inversions are a novelty. The general public fears rides that goes upside down.

Do you guys really want a b&m jackhammering into inversions? You guys will have cauliflower ears.

Seriously, you are THE only person I've heard or read on forums that refers to B&M's 'jack-hammering'. Are you overly sensitive to touch or something (unless you've rode the likes of Iron Wolf or one of The Vortex duo, but those hardly represent the entirety of their work)? And that is a serious question.

Also, really? GP fearing inversions? Then why have parks built and continue to build coasters with inversions in the first place?

Please, never work for the amusement park industry. Ever.

• Like 2

Inversions are a novelty. The general public fears rides that goes upside down.

Do you guys really want a b&m jackhammering into inversions? You guys will have cauliflower ears.

Then tell that to Cedar Point who just installed a B&M coaster with inversions THIS YEAR.

• Like 5

Dominator is the only floorless without a zero g roll.

No it's not, Insane Speed at Janfusun Fancyworld doesn't have a zero-g roll either. Here's a picture of the roller coaster.Insane_Speed_3.jpg

I'll be honest here- that ride looks very fun. Makes me kind of want a floorless to be what pops up on the old SOB site...but then I remember what such a coaster would mean for Vortex's fate...they would only exist together for a few years, probably...

• Like 1

Dominator is the only floorless without a zero g roll.

No it's not, Insane Speed at Janfusun Fancyworld doesn't have a zero-g roll either. Here's a picture of the roller coaster.Insane_Speed_3.jpg

I'll be honest here- that ride looks very fun. Makes me kind of want a floorless to be what pops up on the old SOB site...but then I remember what such a coaster would mean for Vortex's fate...they would only exist together for a few years, probably...

I see what you're getting at, you might be right, but other rides have have stayed.

I'm going to point your attention to the corkscrew (best thing I can think of at this time of the night), it is an arrow, I believe, and I know Mantis isn't a floorless, but that is from what I see, one of Cedar Point premier invention rides, along with raptor and (not really) Mavrick.

But who nows(some one).

And if it is, it probably to lessen the blow when Vortex is leaving us for a better place, because the addition might not be the murder, but the uncle that helps you get through it.

Don, People will come Don, they will come to Ohio for reasons they can't even fathom. The will turn into the parking lot not even sure why they are doing it. They will arive at the gate just as inocente as children longing for the past. Of course we won't mind if you look around you'l say its only $37.99 a person. They will pass over the money without even thinking about it, for it is money they have and roller coasters they like.

Don just tell us what it is your building.

They will walk in the park, sit on the rides on a SONNY afternoon. They will buy speed passes for there favoret rides, the ones they rode as children and screemed as there parents watched. It will be as if they DIPPED themselves in majic DOTTS. Memories will be so thick that they will brush them from there faces.

Don you already tore down one ride why build another?

People will come Don.

It's a hopeless cause Don, the enthusiast think they know what your putting in but can't seem to agree on B&M or Intamin.

The one constant thru the years Don has been roller coasters. America has rolled by like an army of steam rollers. It's been erased like a black board rebuilt and erased again. Roller coasters have marked the time. This park, these rides, it's a part of our past Don. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Ooh people will come Don, people will most deffinatly come.

Don has one sweet job, but I do believe your directing your post to the wrong person (persons).