Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

this is only my 2nd post i think. but i got a laugh while at the park yesterday...heard someone in front of me in line telling his buddy that he heard Cedar Point was taking out one of their coasters and we were going to get it. i had to laugh to myself

This was also reported to me via my close friend who overheard a conversation on the Eiffel Tower on June 11th ......a reply to the "what are they building" question, answered by the elevator ride op.

I, too, chuckled at DiamondbackGirl's post, but then I heard it this second time. Now I don't know whether to laugh or cry?

• Like 1

Don, People will come Don, they will come to Ohio for reasons they can't even fathom. The will turn into the parking lot not even sure why they are doing it. They will arive at the gate just as inocente as children longing for the past. Of course we won't mind if you look around you'l say its only $37.99 a person. They will pass over the money without even thinking about it, for it is money they have and roller coasters they like.

Don just tell us what it is your building.

They will walk in the park, sit on the rides on a SONNY afternoon. They will buy speed passes for there favoret rides, the ones they rode as children and screemed as there parents watched. It will be as if they DIPPED themselves in majic DOTTS. Memories will be so thick that they will brush them from there faces.

Don you already tore down one ride why build another?

People will come Don.

It's a hopeless cause Don, the enthusiast think they know what your putting in but can't seem to agree on B&M or Intamin.

The one constant thru the years Don has been roller coasters. America has rolled by like an army of steam rollers. It's been erased like a black board rebuilt and erased again. Roller coasters have marked the time. This park, these rides, it's a part of our past Don. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Ooh people will come Don, people will most deffinatly come.

Don has one sweet job, but I do believe your directing your post to the wrong person (persons).

How so?

Monroe who loves movies, music, and quite frankly any form of entertainment, especially if it is popcorn (or nacho) fodder. Man this thread is making me fat!

• Like 2

For starters he isn't building anything and he never tore down anything. Need I go into details beyond that? Look up his job title, its a great one, but not one in control of KI future or past.

Yes, but i believe he is quite heavily involved.

And on a sort of related note, is anyone heading up to the park tomorrow I feel we are lacking some recent photos of the constuction project.

this is only my 2nd post i think. but i got a laugh while at the park yesterday...heard someone in front of me in line telling his buddy that he heard Cedar Point was taking out one of their coasters and we were going to get it. i had to laugh to myself

This was also reported to me via my close friend who overheard a conversation on the Eiffel Tower on June 11th ......a reply to the "what are they building" question, answered by the elevator ride op.

I, too, chuckled at DiamondbackGirl's post, but then I heard it this second time. Now I don't know whether to laugh or cry?

haha no way?! apparently they know something we dont know...must have heard it from the dip n dots guy. lol
  • Like 1

So I see you guys haven't realized Big Sexy doesn't acknowledge anyone when you point out when he's wrong. Which is 70% of his posts. Don't waste your time trying to teach a 'pet rock' with the initials B.S. what a roller coaster is.

If this is a big invert, it would have to be pretty big seeing Wicked Twister is the tallest, right? But of course Alpengeist is the tallest, and has the longest drop in a full circuit.

Height is Wicked at 215ft followed by 205 - Alpengeist.

Drop length.

1st 206 ft Wicked Twister Cedar Point Sandusky, Ohio, USA 5/5/2002

2nd 177 ft Aftershock Silverwood Theme Park Athol, Idaho, USA 7/21/2008

Giant Inverted Boomerang Jin Jiang Action Park Xuhui, Shanghai, China 9/30/2011

Goliath Six Flags New England Agawam, Massachusetts, USA 5/25/2012

Stunt Fall Parque Warner Madrid San Martín de la Vega, Madrid, Spain 8/8/2002 * 177 ft

unknown Sochi Park Adventureland Sochi, Krasnodar Krai, Russia 2013

Sky Mountain Mirabilandia Olinda, Pernambuco, Brazil 2009 3rd 175 ft

Steel Venom Valleyfair! Shakopee, Minnesota, USA 5/17/2003 4th 170 ft

Alpengeist Busch Gardens Williamsburg Williamsburg, Virginia, USA 3/22/1997

• Like 4

For starters he isn't building anything and he never tore down anything. Need I go into details beyond that? Look up his job title, its a great one, but not one in control of KI future or past.

And on a sort of related note, is anyone heading up to the park tomorrow I feel we are lacking some recent photos of the constuction project.

Heavily involved with the media? Yes! Did I hear from him that S.O.B was coming down before you did? No. I hate to live in the past but its already been written who told me and yes I think I was called a Troll at the time? Doesn't really matter now, but he might have an opinion with the big shots but they make all the decisions my friend! Lets move forward now. I will be happy with any new ride but a stand up. King Cobra was my favorite and now that I'm older I prefer to sit! Mantis ruined any stand up for me!
  • Like 1

So your telling me that I can't take a quote from a movie and put a whimsical twist on it without being 100% accurate?

I think I'm going to switch to trail mix for this answer.

• Like 6

Heavily involved with the media? Yes! Did I hear from him that S.O.B was coming down before you did? No. I hate to live in the past but its already been written who told me and yes I think I was called a Troll at the time? Doesn't really matter now, but he might have an opinion with the big shots but they make all the decisions my friend! Lets move forward now. I will be happy with any new ride but a stand up. King Cobra was my favorite and now that I'm older I prefer to sit! Mantis ruined any stand up for me!

I meant he is right along side the deception, weighing in, but not necessarily making it.

Don, feel free to weigh in here. :D

This Thread is so Entertaining. From Big Sexy's Trolling to Terpys Entertaining and Qwirky Answers to All the Newbies who are posting on here. Ive refrained from making any kind of prediction ever Since Kings Island started Putting the Dinosaur Paw prints all over facebook and I got on here and I "Guranteed" That Son of Beast was getting a Makeover into a "DinoSoar" Rollercoaster.. :rolleyes: But Anyways, Whatever this New awesome ride is gonna be, Im enjoying the Ride its already giving in trying to figure out what it may be. Post On, Wise Kings Island aficionado's. Ill be Watching.. :ph34r:

• Like 9

With that logic Vortex, Firehawk, FOF would not get any business, yet hold some of the longest wait times in the park.

Hmmmm

To quote the crypt: "long lines does not necessarily equal the ride popularity. Fof is up there with Invertigo for capacity.

• Like 1

When I am at a park you always hear the general public ask if the ride goes upside down cause most are scared.

When I'm at a park you always hear the general public ask where the bathroom is.

I have nothing but respect for you -- and not much of that.

• Like 3

Inversions are a novelty. The general public fears rides that goes upside down.

Do you guys really want a b&m jackhammering into inversions? You guys will have cauliflower ears.

So you speak to the general public? Is there a survey that we can see? Kids are more likely to be afraid of inversions but as they get older they work themselves up to overcoming their fear and enjoying them (with exceptions). I mean... isn't that a joy of childhood, being able to ride a ride that you were scared of the year before?

I've never felt jackhammering on a B&M... I guess thats why B&M keeps building and the general public keeps riding. To me.... jackhammering is more prevalent on wooden coasters. I mean look at S.O.B.....

If KI builds a floorless nothing will happen to Vortex. If anything the line would have a shorter wait time due to the distribution of crowds and I am all for that!

Sooo, what if there was a ride intended for CP before the idea of Gatekeeper? Remember all those markings from the Calypso area to Thunder Canyon and all the debate about another B&M going next to Raptor?

What if someone told you the ride originally intended for CP was going to get sent to KI instead? Of course, even if it was these things can change but...

Then, keeping in mind that Ouimet said there were no other winged coasters on the CF menu. Of course things can change. I would be wondering, what could CP have been getting that is not a winged coaster, would likely be B&M and would not be a repeat.

• Like 1

I've been reading through the many pages of all this speculation, and I can't begin to guess what's going to happen, but I am anxious and excited that we are going to get something new and in the near future! Now I'll be on my way back to lurking in this thread. :)

• Like 1

I was at the park yesterday and have an interesting photo to share. It appears one of the triangular footers has been removed from behind slingshot.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Justiflyer/library/?sort=3&page=1

FoF96", I really hope you don't mind that I snagged a screenshot of your photo, but it's the best one I can find to use for my question. If you don't want me to use it, please let me know and I'll be happy to edit this comment and remove it.

So here's my question:

In the area I've circled, is it safe to assume these two rectangular footers could be at the base of the lifthill where the lift's motor would be mounted?

fof96picturebase.jpg

• Like 1