Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I was at the park yesterday and have an interesting photo to share. It appears one of the triangular footers has been removed from behind slingshot.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Justiflyer/library/?sort=3&page=1

FoF96", I really hope you don't mind that I snagged a screenshot of your photo, but it's the best one I can find to use for my question. If you don't want me to use it, please let me know and I'll be happy to edit this comment and remove it.

So here's my question:

In the area I've circled, is it safe to assume these two rectangular footers could be at the base of the lifthill where the lift's motor would be mounted?

fof96picturebase.jpg

I'm not sure anything is "safe" to assume but lets take a little looksy at the base of Diamondback's lift hill during its construction.

IMG_2265.jpg

Based upon what i see here, that's probably not the base of a lift hill.

Just take a really close look at Leviathan Gatekeeper and you may see it.

at the :48 mark. right side.

Expand on that.

I already have previously. To recap, it's a brilliant addition in the right place at the right time in the right context for all the right reasons. Mr. Ouimet and his team can justifiably be very proud of this move, a diversion that's just...right and just right.

• Like 11

No.

A previous poster wisely edited his post.

Carry on my wayward Son.

It certainly wouldn't have been a family attraction.

Let's just think Diamondback. Or Frontier City.

Terp, whose boss spelled to her secretary in front of him, as if he were a wittle kid.

But not The Diamondback in Frontier City.

• Like 1

Afternwatching the video I am reminded b&m's are over at the mcbr.

To be fair I'll agree the recent B&M's do seem to do very little after the MCBR's. However, when it comes to B&M's the MCBRs generally only slow the train as much as the trims. Considering the amount of trims on them unless your paying attention the MCBR just feels like the rest of the ride. :)

• Like 1

I wonder if Mr. Ouimet ever rode Shock Wave at SFoT. Comfortable, very forceful, 42" height minimum, family friendly, yet still thrilling. Same thing with Mindbender SFoG.

Probably a bit tough now to create one of those though.

Night Row was the most obvious hint Terpy has ever given. And most people still never got it.

I got it. I just haven't said anything. And it was a very revealing hint this time. I think I know what we're getting...or at least, to me, the list of possibilities has been greatly narrowed down. But lest I'm over-interpreting terp, I'll remain ever-so-humbly reserved, keep my musings to myself, and be thought a fool rather than open my mouth and remove all doubt. Because it could just be a diversion, and I'd hate for the rug to be pulled out from under me.

BTW - all this talk about the MCBRs...let's not forget that Diamondback has some pretty fun hills, a helix, and spashdown after the MCBR.

• Like 2

Night Row was the most obvious hint Terpy has ever given. And most people still never got it.

I got it. I just haven't said anything. And it was a very revealing hint this time. I think I know what we're getting...or at least, to me, the list of possibilities has been greatly narrowed down. But lest I'm over-interpreting terp, I'll remain ever-so-humbly reserved, keep my musings to myself, and be thought a fool rather than open my mouth and remove all doubt. Because it could just be a diversion, and I'd hate for the rug to be pulled out from under me.

BTW - all this talk about the MCBRs...let's not forget that Diamondback has some pretty fun hills, a helix, and spashdown after the MCBR.

You would think someone with nearly 40000 post would be able to be more descriptive.