Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

^ These might help you out.

8943984564_a1bbd7f598_c.jpg

Ignore the lift hill on the left of the Montu image. It appears that the track will be turning left from the station on the new attraction, not right as in Montu.

potential.png

Dangit, everyone else beat me to it.

What's with the diagonal supports?

I think I agree with SonofBaconator. Why the diagonal supports? If you look at this photo of Talon's construction of the transfer track/ storage shed, there are no diagonal supports.

talon20001102-19a.jpg

So maybe this isn't an inverted, but a B&M (if this is what it is) coaster with the trains on the track.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, if so I apologize. I happened to be out near the Clermont Steel Fabricators factory today... ok I was about 15 minutes away, but being an interested person with some time to burn, I took a detour and drove by it. I know we've already ruled out the dark green supports as being for another coaster, but sitting on the side of the building, I saw a large lime green piece of track.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately, so if you want to wait until someone takes a picture to believe me that's fine. Not claiming this is track piece is destined for Kings Island, but thought I'd let you all know what I saw.

I haven't seen it mentioned here so if I missed something just let let me know...

• Like 1

Ugh. I'm done trying to figure out this mess. Something in my gut tells me my long-held dreams about KI are going to remain just that...dreams. I think KI has seen the last of its significant steel coasters to be built for a number of years to come. I no longer think the current project is going to be what I was hoping it would be. After hearing more about Ouimet's thoughts for the chain, as well as reading some comments here, I'm convinced the direction of the park is to keep things tame and low key. KI is not a thrill park. It's a family park. Since each park in the chain is supposed to be a separate brand, to me that means the people who want thrills will be expected to go to CP. But we can't all make that trip, so we miss out on these world-class cutting edge coasters, because they usually always go to Ohio's "thrill park" first...CP. I'm amazed KI even built Diamondback to begin with, though that was before Ouimet took over. But it still took KI 20 years after Magnum was built to get a steel hyper. So the message I'm receiving loud and clear is that they want to keep KI a family-focused park, which means no more thrilling coasters. They tossed us a bone with Firehawk, and finally caved in and built Diamondback. But I honestly don't expect there to be anything more beyond that. This new construction is probably for a family coaster. Terp told us to look at Italian Job, so how else do you analyze that?

Sorry for the cynicism. Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully I am. My gut's just telling me I'm going to be totally disappointed later this summer. Oh well. It's not about me.

I'll let you guys get back to your discussion. I'll check in later this summer to see what this "brilliant" move turns out to be.

• Like 3

Alright after today I can confirm that the fence has moved up, probably from all of us looking over the (and through) made them move it about 5 to 7 feet from what I can tell. After looking at the triangular footer i thought of maybe a turn around or some other structure for a bank or possibly some sort of inversion, but is highly impossible from the close quarters to Sling Shot.

Ugh. I'm done trying to figure out this mess. Something in my gut tells me my long-held dreams about KI are going to remain just that...dreams. I think KI has seen the last of its significant steel coasters to be built for a number of years to come. I no longer think the current project is going to be what I was hoping it would be. After hearing more about Ouimet's thoughts for the chain, as well as reading some comments here, I'm convinced the direction of the park is to keep things tame and low key. KI is not a thrill park. It's a family park. Since each park in the chain is supposed to be a separate brand, to me that means the people who want thrills will be expected to go to CP. But we can't all make that trip, so we miss out on these world-class cutting edge coasters, because they usually always go to Ohio's "thrill park" first...CP. I'm amazed KI even built Diamondback to begin with, though that was before Ouimet took over. But it still took KI 20 years after Magnum was built to get a steel hyper. So the message I'm receiving loud and clear is that they want to keep KI a family-focused park, which means no more thrilling coasters. They tossed us a bone with Firehawk, and finally caved in and built Diamondback. But I honestly don't expect there to be anything more beyond that. This new construction is probably for a family coaster. Terp told us to look at Italian Job, so how else do you analyze that?

Sorry for the cynicism. Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully I am. My gut's just telling me I'm going to be totally disappointed later this summer. Oh well. It's not about me.

I'll let you guys get back to your discussion. I'll check in later this summer to see what this "brilliant" move turns out to be.

SO KI has never been on the cutting edge?

Someone help me here, but

Racer (started coaster revolution)

Beast (record breaker)

Bat (prototype)

Vortex (first coaster with 6 inversions)

King Cobra (Prototype)

FoF (Prototype)

TRTR (First Giant top spin?)

Those are just the first of their kind cutting edge type rides...

• Like 4

I don't know if this has been mentioned, if so I apologize. I happened to be out near the Clermont Steel Fabricators factory today... ok I was about 15 minutes away, but being an interested person with some time to burn, I took a detour and drove by it. I know we've already ruled out the dark green supports as being for another coaster, but sitting on the side of the building, I saw a large lime green piece of track.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately, so if you want to wait until someone takes a picture to believe me that's fine. Not claiming this is track piece is destined for Kings Island, but thought I'd let you all know what I saw.

I haven't seen it mentioned here so if I missed something just let let me know...

Maybe Clermont Steel is switching to Intamin parts. :D

• Like 9

SO KI has never been on the cutting edge?

Someone help me here, but

Racer (started coaster revolution)

Beast (record breaker)

Bat (prototype)

Vortex (first coaster with 6 inversions)

King Cobra (Prototype)

FoF (Prototype)

TRTR (First Giant top spin?)

Those are just the first of their kind cutting edge type rides...

Delirium (First giant Frisbee)

Son of Beast (record breaker)

Screamin' Demon (first Arrow launch coaster)

• Like 4

I agree I would be highly disappointed in the Cedar Fair Company if they mainly focused on JUST family. I mean what are the thrill seekers supposed to do? Build our own? Cedar Point is supposed to be An amazing park with cutting edge coasters , not family coaster that go up 20 feet high and drop 6 feet at 11 MPH. They already have a kiddie area in the Cedar Fair parks why just not keep it the way it's going? Ughhh... I'm so confused

Maybe Clermont Steel is switching to Intamin parts. :D

I agree I would be highly disappointed in the Cedar Fair Company if they mainly focused on JUST family. I mean what are the thrill seekers supposed to do? Build our own? Cedar Point is supposed to be An amazing park with cutting edge coasters , not family coaster that go up 20 feet high and drop 6 feet at 11 MPH. They already have a kiddie area in the Cedar Fair parks why just not keep it the way it's going? Ughhh... I'm so confused

Let alone probably the biggest kiddie area I have seen so they have that down pact. Deff bigger than CPs.

A lot of Don's hints have hinted towards baseball. Could we be looking at a coaster based off of baseball, Like Intimidator and I305 are based off of nascar. This could always be a possibility, but he could also be talking about something not even related to the construction.

• Like 3

I'm sorry but I really hate it when CEO's feel like they have to make their parks more "family-focused" than it already is. You know why? Because "family-focused" usually results not in something "the whole family can enjoy", but something only little kids will enjoy because it has to stoop to the lowest thrill denominator.

Now I know, "family-focused" can mean a lot of things, such as the making the park more affordable, but I just think that Kings Island already has enough family and kids rides (hence, best Kid's Area in the World) so if Mr. O is smart (not implying that he isn't) he would fully turn his attention to building more thrill rides at Kings Island.

Besides, isn't the thrill-seeker part of the family to?

Just because it may be a ride that "parents will ride with their kids" doesn't mean whatever we are getting won't be thrilling. Rides like Gatekeeper and even Cheetah Hunt come to mind.

If we are honestly complaining because what we are getting may not be a 300+ foot Giga coaster, it makes me wonder if we'd rather have Kinzel back just so we can have a roller coaster placed without meaning or consideration to other sections of the park.

It is possible to focus on more than just the family/just the thrillseeker without just "stooping to the lowest thrill denominator."

• Like 9