Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Guest KingsIslandPR

As mentioned to those in attendance at the KIC event, there may not be a day this summer that we announce what we're building for the future.

• Like 30

As mentioned to those in attendance at the KIC event, there may not be a day this summer that we announce what we're building for the future.

This tells me we may be looking at a section expansion as well as a massive ride

• Like 1

He said that the announcement would likely not happen until after this summer. This thread seems to have a long way to go.

That should teach me to get the quote right.

I wonder why until After Summer?

Don's actual statement might leave open other possible interpretations. If there may not be a day this summer, then there might be one. Or, a night might not be excluded.

Or, as noted around here as of late, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

• Like 1

Y'all are missing the most obvious explanation for the no camping signs: we're getting a gentle family or kiddie ride.

After all, since there's no camping allowed, the ride can't be intense! :lol:

[dodges rotten tomatoes]

• Like 9

That leaves me extremely confused. It's going to be announced on a day in the fall? When was the last time KI announced a ride in the fall? What time is not on a day? A night? A night is still in the day. May not be announced on a day in the summer? So it could be announced on a day in the summer? Your building a 3rd Carousel? They built a 3rd swing ride.

Ok, I'm stuck.

Y'all are missing the most obvious explanation for the no camping signs: we're getting a gentle family or kiddie ride.

[dodges rotten tomatoes]

I don't get it...

Look at the italicized word, then sound it out one syllable at a time. Then think about what camping involves. :)

• Like 2

[dodges rotten tomatoes]

I don't get it...

Look at the italicized word, then sound it out one syllable at a time. Then think about what camping involves. :)

What? Oh, ohhhh, now I see it!

Lame...

• Like 2

[dodges rotten tomatoes]

I don't get it...

Lame...

Well, I thought it was funny....

• Like 13

That leaves me extremely confused. It's going to be announced on a day in the fall? When was the last time KI announced a ride in the fall? What time is not on a day? A night? A night is still in the day. May not be announced on a day in the summer? So it could be announced on a day in the summer? Your building a 3rd Carousel? They built a 3rd swing ride.

Ok, I'm stuck.

Well CP didn't announce TTD until January 10th, 2003 about 5 months before the ride opened and by that point the 420 foot structure had already been completed while enthusiasts were still guessing names and statistics. On the other end you have Son of Beast which was announced in May of 1999 and the ride had only a few footers poured by that point. But by the end of the summer of 1999 it lost a lot of hype going into the next season because by that time it was old news. A good time to announce a ride is right before season passes go on sale but still has enough room for hype over Halloween and winter. But from what Don said it looks like we still gotta wait.

• Like 2

[dodges rotten tomatoes]

I don't get it...

Lame...

I thought it was very clever and funny as well. These are forums where people go to have friendly conversations with others who share the same interests as themselves, we should all be respectful of one another.

• Like 2

It's also not Summer...yet.

That depends on who you ask. Meteorologists will tell you that summer started on June 1. Most East Coast Americans will say that it starts on the summer solstice this Friday. Those on the West Coast will say this Thursday. The Irish might tell you that summer began on May 1. Australians would complain that it doesn't start until December 1.

• Like 8

n

Well CP didn't announce TTD until January 10th, 2003 about 5 months before the ride opened and by that point the 420 foot structure had already been completed while enthusiasts were still guessing names and statistics. On the other end you have Son of Beast which was announced in May of 1999 and the ride had only a few footers poured by that point. But by the end of the summer of 1999 it lost a lot of hype going into the next season because by that time it was old news. A good time to announce a ride is right before season passes go on sale but still has enough room for hype over Halloween and winter. But from what Don said it looks like we still gotta wait.

Does this mean that we could see track pieces and supports start coming out anytime?!?!? :)

[dodges rotten tomatoes]

I don't get it...

Lame...

The people throwing the imaginary tomatoes didn't... :D

• Like 4