Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Y'all are missing the most obvious explanation for the no camping signs: we're getting a gentle family or kiddie ride.

After all, since there's no camping allowed, the ride can't be intense! :lol:

[dodges rotten tomatoes]

I don't get it...

Look at the italicized word, then sound it out one syllable at a time. Then think about what camping involves. :)

What? Oh, ohhhh, now I see it!

Lame...

Well, I thought it was funny....

I thought it was very clever and funny as well. These are forums where people go to have friendly conversations with others who share the same interests as themselves, we should all be respectful of one another.

I was just kidding...

• Like 5

As mentioned to those in attendance at the KIC event, there may not be a day this summer that we announce what we're building for the future.

But that Doesnt mean that an announcement wont be made this Season... Kings Island is open in the fall ya know.. :)

Holy crap, just rode Intimidator 305. Wow. Just wow. Seriously, Kings Island needs a Intamin. Its sad to think a park as great as KI has no Intamin love(coaster wise). I understand that the reliability of Intamin has a bad rep, but I mean they make the most fun and innovative rides. And plus, the reliability issues eventually get worked out so they are no big deal.

All we rode was Dominator, volcano, and I305, and the Intamins, just were so much more fun. I could ride those 2 all day long and not so much Dominator. Don't get me wrong, Dominator is fun but just doesn't have the edge that the other two do.

My point is that KI really needs another ride to really put it on the map and I don't think that B&M can offer that at this point. I'm not trying to be negative here because I love a good B&M but it just does not compare to Intamin.

• Like 4

I may have to seriously eat the words of my previous posts if we're getting what I think we're getting. Don keeps mentioning the park is "building for the future".

Starting to think we're getting a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter - maybe similar to Saw: The Ride at Thorpe Park, or perhaps as large or larger, and as steep or steeper, as Takabisha. It's a futuristic-type coaster, and we've been hearing the words "divertical" and "diversion". A Euro-Fighter contains a vertical lift which leads to a dive toward the ground. AND....many of the footers for the supports on Takabisha (a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter) contain only 4 bolts, which is what we're seeing on some footers in the construction zone. Maybe that doesn't mean anything. But maybe it does. Just tossing it out there as an idea.

As for it not being announced on a day during the Summer, that could just be a clever way of saying it will be announced in the Fall....most likely when Haunt 2013 starts. Since the old SOB station is supposed to be used for a future Haunt attraction, it just stands to reason that's when the new ride will be announced. If it really is going to be named "Banshee" (which I still hope not), that's a creepy evil theme...and since Saw: The Ride has a creepy theme complete with spooky effects, this new coaster will probably be similarly themed and thus fit right in with a Halloween-timed announcement.

• Like 4

Nice video of the construction site from the ground.

No offense, but I don't see much of anything in this video which pertains to the construction site, other than the signs on the fence.

• Like 5

Y'all are missing the most obvious explanation for the no camping signs: we're getting a gentle family or kiddie ride.

After all, since there's no camping allowed, the ride can't be intense! :lol:

[dodges rotten tomatoes]

I don't get it...

Look at the italicized word, then sound it out one syllable at a time. Then think about what camping involves. :)

What? Oh, ohhhh, now I see it!

Lame...

Well, I thought it was funny....

I thought it was very clever and funny as well. These are forums where people go to have friendly conversations with others who share the same interests as themselves, we should all be respectful of one another.

Jesus Christ, I was just kidding...

Please don't use the Lord's name in vain.

• Like 22

No offense, but I don't see much of anything in this video which pertains to the construction site, other than the signs on the fence.

That's why I said, from the ground, BB1 who didn't say he was going to take you "behind the scenes in this whimsical video that this guy took of the new ride that we all must call Banshee!" no I said it was just a ground video of the fence and the old SOB area. Now please, if you have an issue with that, keep calm, and carry on.

• Like 1

Just to end a theory on giga coasters, how far was Diamondback completed in 2008. The track was already on site for a coaster only 230 ft tall. The footers were filled around opening day 2008. Whatever we get must have fewer track prices or be smaller than Diamondback, unless KI believes it won't fall off schedule in the Ohio Winter.

Also a note that a lot of the area farther back wasn't used by SoB.

• Like 1

Just to end a theory on giga coasters, how far was Diamondback completed in 2008. The track was already on site for a coaster only 230 ft tall. The footers were filled around opening day 2008. Whatever we get must have fewer track prices or be smaller than Diamondback, unless KI believes it won't fall off schedule in the Ohio Winter.

Also a note that a lot of the area farther back wasn't used by SoB.

Nope. Check out this gallery from this date in 2008 for Diamondback.

http://KICentral.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=237&pid=6197#top_display_media

It seems like the only reason that the station for Diamondback was poured with concrete already because it would be very difficult to bring in cement trucks to the middle of the park with guest around.

This 2014 project is completely different because they have access to the construction area from outside the park all day everyday.

• Like 2

As mentioned to those in attendance at the KIC event, there may not be a day this summer that we announce what we're building for the future.

Ohhh...so instead of 'a' day of an announcement there might be multiple days for the announcement?!?! Could we be seeing an announcement so big that it will have to be spaced out so we don't die from excitement?!? :D

• Like 5

Let me echo shark then. I agree entirely, they challenged the design team on several facets of the Gate Keeper coaster. It wasn't just a coaster installed fit the sake if having a coaster. I realize that Firehawk was a transfer, but was a classic example of a Kinzel era coaster placement for the sake of having a coaster.

The new ki coaster will be well planned, thought out, and uniquely Kings Island. Can't wait.

Are you telling us Diamondback wasnt well thought out?

I dunno why I keep suspect our next new roller coaster will be launched by Intamin. Check out the link below and look at the picture of Formula Rossa triangle foundation. It's so much similar to our mystery triangle foundation. Let's hope our next new coaster will be surpassed many break records!

http://www.parking-gallery.net/2013/05/12/grammars-of-desire-by-naadira-patel-a-month-long-exhibition-from-15-may-5-june-the-parking-gallery/formula-rossa/

those only support one. The ones at the construction site supports multiple!

• Like 1

That's why I said, from the ground, BB1 who didn't say he was going to take you "behind the scenes in this whimsical video that this guy took of the new ride that we all must call Banshee!" no I said it was just a ground video of the fence and the old SOB area. Now please, if you have an issue with that, keep calm, and carry on.

I'm perfectly calm. You're the one getting upset because I made a comment about your video. You specifically wrote "Nice video of the construction site from the ground." Look at your post again. You did NOT say anything at all about taking a video of the old SOB area. IF you had said that, I would have avoided making a comment. But you led us to believe this was ground video of the actual construction site....which it's not, other than the fence. i-dunno-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Kings Island has the most helices in any park.

-Beast: 2

-Vortex: 1

-Diamondback: 1

-Backlot: 1 or 2

-Firehawk: 1

-Flight of Fear might as well count as one.

Not sure if we need any more! I could care less about inversions, I like airtime. If there's an inversion, give me a zero g.

The most meaningful helices I've been through are on Beast and Goliath (SFOG), and Titan.

Diamondback has 2 helices

I'm perfectly calm. You're the one getting upset because I made a comment about your video. You specifically wrote "Nice video of the construction site from the ground." Look at your post again. You did NOT say anything at all about taking a video of the old SOB area. IF you had said that, I would have avoided making a comment. But you led us to believe this was ground video of the actual construction site....which it's not, other than the fence.

That, my friend is (d)inf(v)erred BB1 who will be here for a long time, and tries to show a good video here and there, possibly a good joke as well. In all honesty, a construction site was visible when at the Flight Deck I believe, and a vehical was shown at the beginning, with that being said, there is more, like oh, a fence. Which in all honesty is a part of the site. I do not wish to bicker and fight, I just wish to post in an emerging topic a few insightful posts that will carry on the topic, with a few giggles, no wails here. BB1, who likes riddles and jokes

I'm pretty sure Kings Island has the most helices in any park.

-Beast: 2

-Vortex: 1

-Diamondback: 1

-Backlot: 1 or 2

-Firehawk: 1

-Flight of Fear might as well count as one.

Not sure if we need any more! I could care less about inversions, I like airtime. If there's an inversion, give me a zero g.

The most meaningful helices I've been through are on Beast and Goliath (SFOG), and Titan.

Diamondback has 2 helices

2 as in the one just before the mid course brakes and also just before the splashdown?

The 'first' helix on Diamondback is debatable as to whether it really is a one.

Oh, and the corkscrew on Vortex is a helix.