Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

You have to go through a park entrance to get into California Adventure from the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier Hotels, so I consider that outside the park.

As for Knoebels - yes it does have a campground, but Knoebels doesn't have an entrance fee (or a concrete park border) so to be completely honest it's difficult to tell whether the campground could be considered "inside the park." (Personally, I'd consider it part of the "Knoebels Resort," if that's even a thing.)

The fact of the matter is, it's unlikely Kings Island will ever have a hotel within the actual park, and I see that as a good thing.

• Like 1

Yeah, Knoebels doesn't really have a border, but there are some cabins that are between two roller coasters.

Anyway, the one in California Adventure looks like it is inside the park, even if it has an entrance thing (a similar placement if KI was putting a hotel in this area.)

Are we really talking about this being a campground?

Really?

I don't know. We're clearly bored by the lack of information.

Anyway, one final note: Saying Cedar Point's campground and the Breakers Hotel are in Cedar Point is like saying Disney's Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian Resorts are in the Magic Kingdom. They're not; they're in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area.

• Like 2

At the park now. I brought my binoculars, it has a built on camera. I will post pics in the next few days. Construction looks like it is expanding into the newly fenced off area.

I find that interesting, I would think they would of just closed that off before the season started and not midway through construction(of footers).

At the park now. I brought my binoculars, it has a built on camera. I will post pics in the next few days. Construction looks like it is expanding into the newly fenced off area.

next few days!?!? We demand them in the new few minutes!!! </sarcasm>

• Like 2

I don't see any possible way this will be a campground or hotel. I mean, come on - I can't think of one park with a campground or hotel situated quite literally within the park.

Disney has several rooms located w/n the park.

• Like 1

I don't see any possible way this will be a campground or hotel. I mean, come on - I can't think of one park with a campground or hotel situated quite literally within the park.

Well, you got me there. But even then, we're talking about individual rooms, not sprawling campgrounds or massive resort hotels.

Hotel Conneaut is in the park, one even has to drive through the park to get to it.

Hotel Conneaut is in the park, one even has to drive through the park to get to it.

Okay - THAT is a hotel within a park.

But the fact remains - something like that simply wouldn't work at Kings Island.

Well, you got me there. But even then, we're talking about individual rooms, not sprawling campgrounds or massive resort hotels.

How many rooms does it take to make a hotel???? One some TV program, it seemed like there was a good handful of rooms avaialable at one of their "hotels" in disneyland. of course not just anyone can reserve a room, so I doubt I'm staying there anytime soon. it certainly wasn't a sprawling resort or campground, but I imagine that the charm of the rooms/location is the selling point for those best connected to Disney.

One of the biggest problems, how many people would want to stay in a resort or campground directly inside an amusement park???? Amusement parks are typicall loud, brightly light places from early in the morning until late at night. A massive resort or campground is often aimed at families that may not want to get up that early, or may want to take a nap in the middle of the day, or may want to tuck the kids into bed early at night and don't want the fireworks waking them up. You limit your audience when you place something like that w/n the park, which in turns lowers your expected return on investment, not to mention all of the other hassels of getting guests and their luggage to the physical location, worrying about people sneaking out at night, etc...

Here are some observations and interpretations of the array of footers made visual with the help of MS Paint and DiamondbackFOF's fantastic group of pictures.

Firstly, here is a better way to view the groupings of footers. They're in rows, which, though they don't look to be in line with each other due to the terrain and perspective, very much are organized as such:

UvNCpwH.jpg

There's another footer to the left of this frame that also lines up with the top row.

Secondly, we totally do have a big grouping of parallel footers. It's hard to tell at first, but when they're marked (here each set of two parallel footers are marked with a line connecting them), the pattern becomes clear:

U2P9pVj.jpg

RSfzkke.jpg

RailRider's post got me making that association, and helped me make a connection:

fnt1mmu35c0009jlo76ase.jpg

Going off of that, here's a rough prediction of what I think makes for a series of brake runs and a transfer shed. Excuse the lack of MS Paint skills, you get the general idea of what I mean:

jiEA3MD.jpg

That's just my educated guess. The rest of the stuff behind Slingshot I assume to be some wicked kind of helix-y elements going on. For future reference, here are all of the currently poured footers marked with red dots for easier sight:

bNvdGUi.jpg

• Like 16

There would be steel pieces coming out of the clermont factory by now. It will take a while to produce a mile of track.

Not saying the coaster is a mile long...because we just don't know...but I tend to agree, if it's a B&M, wouldn't we be seeing track starting to lie around outside CSF by now?

Really?

Are you seriously asking that question? Think for a moment.....what other campground, anywhere in the world, is built upon roller coaster support footers?

• Like 1

Really?

I don't know. We're clearly bored by the lack of information.

Anyway, one final note: Saying Cedar Point's campground and the Breakers Hotel are in Cedar Point is like saying Disney's Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian Resorts are in the Magic Kingdom. They're not; they're in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area.

um the hotel breakers is actually inside the park though...theres a walkway inside the park that takes you to it. just sayin
  • Like 1

Beast1979 this is awesome!!!!! Raptor is what I consider a compact layout and it is a fun coaster!! The ending can be more compact to add excitement but the starting layout has quite a bit of room for a layout that is more spread out for elements and speed.

Do the footers seem to close together in width to support an inverted coaster?

Just my 0.02 I really hope it is not an invert. I just like being able to see things other than the seat in front of me on a coaster. Inverts are fun and I really like raptor...just for me I wouldn't pick an invert. But whatever this project is I know I'll be right there in line opening day next year to ride it. (:

• Like 2