Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Are we really talking about this being a campground?

Really?

I don't know. We're clearly bored by the lack of information.

Anyway, one final note: Saying Cedar Point's campground and the Breakers Hotel are in Cedar Point is like saying Disney's Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian Resorts are in the Magic Kingdom. They're not; they're in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area.

um the hotel breakers is actually inside the park though...theres a walkway inside the park that takes you to it. just sayin

Just like there's a walkway inside the Magic Kingdom that takes you to the Contemporary Resort. My point still stands.

(I don't like being told I'm wrong, lawlz)

But the layout will use the valley that part of SoB occupied as well.

Do we know that for sure yet?

I mean like have seen any development back there.

This picture right here shows equipment and footings being prepped going into the valley.

IMG_2196.jpg

Great, That is superb sign.

Is that where SoB's second helix was?

Are we really talking about this being a campground?

Really?

I don't know. We're clearly bored by the lack of information.

Anyway, one final note: Saying Cedar Point's campground and the Breakers Hotel are in Cedar Point is like saying Disney's Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian Resorts are in the Magic Kingdom. They're not; they're in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area.

um the hotel breakers is actually inside the park though...theres a walkway inside the park that takes you to it. just sayin

Just like there's a walkway inside the Magic Kingdom that takes you to the Contemporary Resort. My point still stands.

(I don't like being told I'm wrong, lawlz)

haha you and I have something in common! (:

This picture right here shows equipment and footings being prepped going into the valley.

IMG_2196.jpg

Great, That is superb sign.

Is that where SoB's second helix was?

It looks like it. I'm not 100% sure though.

lol Sorry but I love how all of you swear that workers no nothing, they are NOT Jon Snow. When I worked at the park I knew about Diamond Back WAY before the announcement was made, I kept it to myself but I was only a lowly Minimum Wage 16 year old. Most workers have an idea about what is most likely going to be there. Now if they want to retain that job and not go against their Privacy Contract they shouldn't be talking...

• Like 11

I'm fully convinced this is an invert. Well done to those providing pictures and also the people who actually try to decode what we have and not talk uselessly about it being a hotel or campground.

Now that I am fully convinced it is an invert, I was thinking about the improvements B&M could have come up with, over the past 20+ years since the first B&M invert came out, that can be implemented on to this new coaster. I will also touch on what inverted elements are needed on this coaster to make it the best of the currently 33 B&M inverts in operation.

Rough transitions into MCBR and final brakes needs to be lightened up. Alpengeist's MCBR snaps you hard and is very uncomfortable. Raptor is the same way into the final brakes. I don't remember much about the Dragon Challenge (only other inverts I have been on) transitions, but these transitions need to be nice and smooth on the new coaster.

NO TRIMS! Raptor doesn't have any, but Alpengeist is trimmed to death. Most (if not all) new B&M coasters of all model types have trims implemented right off The Bat. Why not design it to not have trims?

It needs to have Raptor's last helix. The forces on that thing are insane. Alpengeist's helix finale is dreadful. With B&M recently going the way of the forceless rides, I am nervous they would go with a helix closer to the Alpengeist variety. Please don't do that, B&M.

Of course the twisted first drop is needed. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, inverts have a twisted first drop, so I don't think we have to worry about that.

Something Raptor is missing is an Immelmann loop. I don't know about everyone else, but I love these elements. They are the only inversion that I actually think is worth anything.

That is all I can think of right now.

I am very excited for this new addition, whatever it may be.

• Like 9

Yes they have, there is an area by the flightdeck turnaround that is being developed and by Adventure Express

Here are some observations and interpretations of the array of footers made visual with the help of MS Paint and DiamondbackFOF's fantastic group of pictures.

Firstly, here is a better way to view the groupings of footers. They're in rows, which, though they don't look to be in line with each other due to the terrain and perspective, very much are organized as such:

UvNCpwH.jpg

There's another footer to the left of this frame that also lines up with the top row.

Secondly, we totally do have a big grouping of parallel footers. It's hard to tell at first, but when they're marked (here each set of two parallel footers are marked with a line connecting them), the pattern becomes clear:

U2P9pVj.jpg

RSfzkke.jpg

RailRider's post got me making that association, and helped me make a connection:

fnt1mmu35c0009jlo76ase.jpg

Going off of that, here's a rough prediction of what I think makes for a series of brake runs and a transfer shed. Excuse the lack of MS Paint skills, you get the general idea of what I mean:

jiEA3MD.jpg

That's just my educated guess. The rest of the stuff behind Slingshot I assume to be some wicked kind of helix-y elements going on. For future reference, here are all of the currently poured footers marked with red dots for easier sight:

bNvdGUi.jpg

I had to go back and edit my last post. After seeing what you've done with these photos, I'm now totally convinced it will be an invert. Good work!

• Like 1

If true, that this is an invert, this would make the third coaster in this area where riders are below the track. To me, this doesn't sound like it's been thought through enough. Personally, I'm hoping for a floorless or a B&M giga. I'd hate to see another suspended type coaster in this area.

-T. Forsaken

• Like 5

If true, that this is an invert, this would make the third coaster in this area where riders are below the track. To me, this doesn't sound like it's been thought through enough. Personally, I'm hoping for a floorless or a B&M giga. I'd hate to see another suspended type coaster in this area.

-T. Forsaken

But who's to say whether Flight Deck will be removed at some point in the future? We've heard several times now that Kings Island is building for its future, so maybe building an invert is part of a plan to replace FD in the future in order to make room for another attraction/coaster in that space. It could maybe get replaced by a giga, or floorless at that time....maybe even another wood coaster.

• Like 1

Why does it matter if there are three coasters in one area that hang below the track?

Oh no, Vortex, Beast, Stunt Track, and Diamondback are all close to each other and their trains are above the track. Someone better let Ouimet know.

• Like 11

-T. Forsaken

If you want to get technical, currently only one attraction in Action Zone isn't "suspended" or leaves riders' legs dangling off the ground, and that is Congo Falls.

Here are some observations and interpretations of the array of footers made visual with the help of MS Paint and DiamondbackFOF's fantastic group of pictures.

Firstly, here is a better way to view the groupings of footers. They're in rows, which, though they don't look to be in line with each other due to the terrain and perspective, very much are organized as such:

UvNCpwH.jpg

There's another footer to the left of this frame that also lines up with the top row.

Secondly, we totally do have a big grouping of parallel footers. It's hard to tell at first, but when they're marked (here each set of two parallel footers are marked with a line connecting them), the pattern becomes clear:

U2P9pVj.jpg

This was my exact thought. Now I'm working some roller coaster tycoon magic and creating as with my thought on what the coaster may contain.

RSfzkke.jpg

RailRider's post got me making that association, and helped me make a connection:

Going off of that, here's a rough prediction of what I think makes for a series of brake runs and a transfer shed. Excuse the lack of MS Paint skills, you get the general idea of what I mean:

jiEA3MD.jpg

That's just my educated guess. The rest of the stuff behind Slingshot I assume to be some wicked kind of helix-y elements going on. For future reference, here are all of the currently poured footers marked with red dots for easier sight:

bNvdGUi.jpg

This was my exact thought. Working on a roller coaster tycoon 3 model of my guess.

• Like 3

I've created a rough rendering of what I think the ride will look like, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to attach a jpeg/png. I am not familiar with the way the tools work in this forum.

John P (feeling old)

UvNCpwH.jpg

U2P9pVj.jpg

RSfzkke.jpg

jiEA3MD.jpg

bNvdGUi.jpg

I had to go back and edit my last post. After seeing what you've done with these photos, I'm now totally convinced it will be an invert. Good work!

Wow.. Nice Work, never though of it that way