Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

This post has nothing insightful - Merely me talking about my opinion and what I'm hoping for.

I too am surprised at the amount of hate from inverted coasters. I don't understand. I never have a headache, I don't have problems with restraints.. Come to think of it, I often hear complaining with rides being rough and too aggressive just in general, and I'll just sit there in silence because everyone will have different experiences depending on what kind of person they are (pain tolerance, person size, or how they ride)

But a B&M invert would be a dream come true for me. I've always, since I was a little kid, wanted an inverting, full circuit coaster and to add another coaster that may be a little rough would be outstanding for me; I'd love it. Vortex is my favorite coaster in the park and obviously it's not a favorite among many guests for known reasons... Somewhat similar to why B&M invert is apparently not a popular choice.

I don't mind OTSR, I love an intense coaster, and I don't ride need to ride a coaster to look at stuff.. :huh: I'm enjoying everyone's insights and guesses but I'm hoping for my dream and expecting one from these "clues".. But like others I just can't wait to ride something NEW.

• Like 4

I don't mind OTSR, I love an intense coaster, and I don't ride need to ride a coaster to look at stuff.. :huh: I'm enjoying everyone's insights and guesses but I'm hoping for my dream and expecting one from these "clues".. But like others I just can't wait to ride something NEW.

I think the OTSR can be improved so much. A restraint system similar to I305 would be the most desirable. I know B&M has tried to make a better system with the wing riders but they crush you to death with the constant tightening during the ride. Really, all you need is a lab bar in my opinion for any roller coaster.

That getting said, B&M can make a 100% more comfortable and fun ride ( should it be a floorless or invert) if they redesigned the restraints.

• Like 2

I have yet to try their wing-rider restraints. But I agree, a lap bar, with the right seat, is sufficient enough. Now, if they could get pull down lap bar to work with an invert (seems possible) then everyone would be more comfortable!

And what about "stigmata"?

OTSR's exist for good reason. Imagine if you will the amount of movement your upper body, more specifically, your neck, goes through on an average ride on a coaster with OTSR's, particularly on Arrows and high intensity Intamins. Now imagine that kind of movement without them. I believe the whole idea is to limit the amount of room your neck has to move, so whether your head is straight or turned, you won't snap your neck through a high g transition (especially on the likes of Maverick and I305). Yes, techniques like heart-lining do help, but they only do so much.

My only pet peeve with OTSR's is why they don't have anything softer for your head to hit against instead of the rubber-esque material of the restraint.

Yes, I'm aware that some coasters have been converted from OTSR's to lap bars, but I have to question some of those decisions like lap bars on a boomerang or an SLC (yes, both exist). Even FoF kind of pushes it a bit in the 2nd half with all those s-curves w/o an OTSR, not that I'm complaining.

• Like 1

You know the more I think about the camping mix with the evil presence, I feel like the theming will have something to do with a closed campground. So, many different creatures or bad things could be involved in that kind of environment. The decor could be pretty cool and since it would be rough looking, wouldn't require serious upkeep. I dunno, maybe I'm way off.. but it seems like that would be pretty cool.

• Like 3

I'm fully convinced this is an invert. Well done to those providing pictures and also the people who actually try to decode what we have and not talk uselessly about it being a hotel or campground.

Now that I am fully convinced it is an invert, I was thinking about the improvements B&M could have come up with, over the past 20+ years since the first B&M invert came out, that can be implemented on to this new coaster. I will also touch on what inverted elements are needed on this coaster to make it the best of the currently 33 B&M inverts in operation.

Rough transitions into MCBR and final brakes needs to be lightened up. Alpengeist's MCBR snaps you hard and is very uncomfortable. Raptor is the same way into the final brakes. I don't remember much about the Dragon Challenge (only other inverts I have been on) transitions, but these transitions need to be nice and smooth on the new coaster.

NO TRIMS! Raptor doesn't have any, but Alpengeist is trimmed to death. Most (if not all) new B&M coasters of all model types have trims implemented right off The Bat. Why not design it to not have trims?

It needs to have Raptor's last helix. The forces on that thing are insane. Alpengeist's helix finale is dreadful. With B&M recently going the way of the forceless rides, I am nervous they would go with a helix closer to the Alpengeist variety. Please don't do that, B&M.

Of course the twisted first drop is needed. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, inverts have a twisted first drop, so I don't think we have to worry about that.

Something Raptor is missing is an Immelmann loop. I don't know about everyone else, but I love these elements. They are the only inversion that I actually think is worth anything.

That is all I can think of right now.

I am very excited for this new addition, whatever it may be.

Patriot doesn't have trims. It has a spot where they considered putting one in but they never did. Also have you ever ridden Montu? The Batwing element on Montu is probably my favorite part. But it definitely needs a Zero G roll and some wingovers that dip in and out of the ground.

You know the more I think about the camping mix with the evil presence, I feel like the theming will have something to do with a closed campground. So, many different creatures or bad things could be involved in that kind of environment. The decor could be pretty cool and since it would be rough looking, wouldn't require serious upkeep. I dunno, maybe I'm way off.. but it seems like that would be pretty cool.

Actually Paramount, I agree with you 100% that would be a great attraction, but you have to remember how CF is with theming. I can see a highly themed attraction going in there still, so you may not be that far off.

Well you might be SOL.... ^ And when you think about it adding a B&M invert now makes a lot of sense because Flight Deck isn't exactly in it's glory days anymore. Arrow Suspended coasters are a dying breed. Who knows how long it can keep chugging along, but it will eventually be taken out. The area it sits on is good land for a future terrain utilizing family coaster.

The difference here is more inverts have been built overall. With a new invert being built just last year whether it was overseas of not. They obviously have not fallen off the way the Standup models have gone. In fact the Inverts are B&M's most built coaster. Out of the 85 B&M coasters that have been built 30 of them have been inverts.

• Like 2

They didn't steal anything from Intamin. Both Bollinger and Mabillard were once apart of the Intamin team. I really don't see your point about it being 20 years ago. All I see is that after 20 years the ride is still standing and still produces good lines and great capacity.

• Like 1

Oh my bad I forgot I'm talking to the person who went to the park on one of the busiest days of the year then makes an entire thread about how Diamondback stacked. Have you ever seen them do a power hour? QQ

Every hour should be a power hour. Darn shame. Especially noticed this at KD with Dominator. Can you say slowwwwwwwwwww loading?

But for the most part, KI does a great job with DB.

Don just tweeted "I'm on the other side of the wall".
I want to go on the other side of the wall...
I think this means he's in the construction area for Project 2014. Maybe he is looking at construction progress? Or he could just be throwing babble at us again.
  • Like 2