Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

The former SOB station will be used for a Haunt attraction this year and beyond.

Ummmm.....

Where have I seen this before?

It reminds me of Police Academy sequels or Fast & Furious sequels that never seem to go away.

Perhaps the truth is a diversion......

;)

• Like 6

Actually I think that the lift hill will go over AE's queue line because haven't you noticed that there have been a lot of trees cut down near the begining of the queue before the covered part. I think It may be in a tight spot like DB was at first and then spread out.

Here's a thought. What if they get rid of slingshot to open up the area to create an interactive midway. Or maybe even the entrance to the ride? I have a feeling that the drop will be behind slingshot.

Slingshot brings in so much money and doesn't take up a lot of space. It would be kinda silly to tear it down just to make the ride that much bigger. I'm no expert but that's my two cents.

• Like 1

Your arguments for the other direction for the lift hill do make sense. BUT, you have to remember how the transfer shed seems to be set up. I really don't think the ride will pass the transfer before going up the lift and there doesn't appear to be any footers set up for the station to be on the other side of the transfer. Also, there is no reason the layout can't do some stuff under the lift. So, Rcoaster10, I believe you have it right.

Other rides have been built that do this at Cedar Fair parks, so it isn't unreasonable to think it could happen. Mean Streak and Cedar Creek Mine Ride do this, and I think there's another at Cedar Point alone.

Your arguments for the other direction for the lift hill do make sense. BUT, you have to remember how the transfer shed seems to be set up. I really don't think the ride will pass the transfer before going up the lift and there doesn't appear to be any footers set up for the station to be on the other side of the transfer. Also, there is no reason the layout can't do some stuff under the lift. So, Rcoaster10, I believe you have it right.

Ohhh...well, I suppose that's a good point. Then you guys are probably right. I know they can put elements under the lifthill itself, but from the pictures we're seeing it seems that would make it go right over Adventure Express - which that seems like an odd thing to do when all the old SOB footprint is available for which they could have created a different layout.

It would really make it easier if we had an overhead shot of the park with SOB removed. Google needs to update their satellite imagery.

• Like 3

I wouldn't miss Sling Shot if it were put to rest. But I don't see that happening; they seem to make a lot of money from it.

Attractions can be moved; some have that were larger than slingshot. :) Always room just a little southeast of its current location.

I knows that. Just commenting on a specific post.. It is in a pretty good spot though.

FUN is the stock ticker for Cedar Fair, LP.

If you're not sure what that is, all companies traded on the new york stock exchange or NASDAQ exchange are given a stock ticker symbol to make the trading of these companies easier (its far easier to write a ticket to purchase 1,000 shares of FUN than to write the same ticket saying you want to purchase 1,000 shares of Cedar Fair, LP.

Some tickers are fairly obvious (general moters ticker is GM), some are a play on the company's operations like FUN or TAXI.

• Like 1

With all this talk about B&M Inverts, I was looking at some of the existing ones on rcdb.com, and this picture here happened to catch my eye...say hello to Katun, found at Mirabilandia (in Italy):

9s15v40029iopegq6oabpg.jpg

I bring this up because, well, it does look like Katun or something similar would fit nearly PERFECTLY in the area where they are currently working, and where Son of Beast stood just one year ago. Oh, and for the record, this ride was in a 3-way tie for 9th in the 2012 Mitch Hawker Coaster Poll with Maverick and an Intamin Mega-Lite, and was rated as the best B&M Invert in that poll...

And here is a POV, with about 1 minute of on-ride footage...this was filmed by TPR, and in spite of that's site's "reputation", at least we do know they get permission before filming rides:

I'd be quite happy if Kings Island got something like this, to be honest... ;)

• Like 1

The only, only reason more B & M inverts have not popped up in the USA is because nearly every major park that features roller coasters has one. Or two.

Which tells you something.

Yep. It tells me KI has been woefully slow in getting one, and is finally catching up.

• Like 1

I remember someone say they haven't built a invert for awhile. OzIris was built last year and look how awesome this ride is! http://rcdb.com/9675.htm

I thought I'd put my popcorn down for a minute and post a little somthing based on your post...

Thought it would also be a good example just in case Kings Island did install an B&M inverted coaster for the 2014 season because OzIris is the newest B&M invert to date.

(This does Not mean I think KI will get an Invert for 2014, I have not made my prediction, Yet.)

If something like this were at Kings Island it might even make you scream like a Banshee!

• Like 3