Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

^
Wow, that actually looks pretty intense. And do I see some new elements not found on older B&M Inverts there? And was that seriously a B&M Invert WITHOUT a MCBR? Hmm...must be a smaller park or something that only needs 2 trains. I'm pretty sure if Kings Island does get a B&M invert, it'll have a MCBR so it can run 3 trains...

And another new page is born. :P

• Like 1

I remember someone say they haven't built a invert for awhile. OzIris was built last year and look how awesome this ride is! http://rcdb.com/9675.htm

I thought I'd put my popcorn down for a minute and post a little somthing based on your post...

Thought it would also be a good example just in case Kings Island did install an B&M inverted coaster for the 2014 season because OzIris is the newest B&M invert to date.

(This does Not mean I think KI will get an Invert for 2014, I have not made my prediction, Yet.)

If something like this were at Kings Island it might even make you scream like a Banshee!

If KI's invert (yes, I can't help but believe that's what we're getting when you look at the parallel footers that have been put in place) is as nice, or nicer, than OzIris, then it will have been well worth the wait for us getting one.

• Like 6

^

Wow, that actually looks pretty intense. And do I see some new elements not found on older B&M Inverts there? And was that seriously a B&M Invert WITHOUT a MCBR? Hmm...must be a smaller park or something that only needs 2 trains. I'm pretty sure if Kings Island does get a B&M invert, it'll have a MCBR so it can run 3 trains...

If I remember correctly Raptor is the only B&M invert in the chain with a MCBR. Talon, Afterburn, Silver Bullet, Flight Deck, and Patriot all lack them I believe.

^

If I remember correctly Raptor is the only B&M invert in the chain with a MCBR. Talon, Afterburn, Silver Bullet, Flight Deck, and Patriot all lack them I believe.

I just checked RCDB and you are correct on all of those...hmm, now I must wonder: MCBR or no MCBR? I'd argue Kings Island could use a coaster with 3 trains because it can get fairly crowded, but Knott's Berry Farm is supposedly Cedar Fair's most popular park, and the B&M Invert there has no MCBR and runs 2 trains...

Right if they stick with a spooky or "Banshee" theme then it could be both a station and a H.H. attraction..

Wouldn't it be neat to have the line through a haunted house ending in a coaster?

Dude! I would so dig that! That would be so groovy! Take notes Cedar Fair! This is a GREAT idea!

• Like 2

OzIris looks like a great coaster, and the theming is awesome, but I'm hoping for something bigger. OzIris is only 115 feet tall. Something that size I feel would be a good replacement for a coaster such as Flight Deck. Whatever goes into this area is replacing a coaster that broke records, and to me was one of the greatest thrill rides in the world. The invert (hopefully) should be bigger in order to attempt to replace SOB.

• Like 3

UnrealNightmare you are correct.

Sorry, got the stats from RCDB, and they list them all by name,

According to RCDB, one Batman clone has been relocated twice and one Raptor was relocated.

Batman clone

Thrill Valley as Gambit 1995 to 2002
Six Flags New Orleans as Batman: The Ride 2003 to 2005 SBNO from 8/2005 to 3/2007

Six Flags Fiesta Texas as Goliath 2008 to present

Raptor clone

Expoland as Orochi Operated from 1996 to 12/9/2007 Operated from 1996 to 12/9/2007

Walygator Parc as Monster Operating since 7/9/2010

Also, I never mentioned Katun, it is a custom design from B&M.

Anyone else catch the no pre-drop on oziris and the slight turn on the newer models at the beginning. Why not an invert like black mamba, or an intamin invert, or vekoma? B&M isn't the only one that makes inverts.

Just kidding, it must be B&M because there's only about 5 intamin inverts and 2 aren't launch and vekoma already has two inverts in the park plus a flying Dutchman coaster.

• Like 1

I have been following this forum for a few years now mostly daily. Figured I would finally log in and say hey! Kings Island means alot to me ya know it was part of the whole growing up thing. Unfortunately I move alot so greetings from Texas! I will be here watching all this unfold!

-Ty

• Like 8

I remember someone say they haven't built a invert for awhile. OzIris was built last year and look how awesome this ride is! http://rcdb.com/9675.htm

I thought I'd put my popcorn down for a minute and post a little somthing based on your post...

Thought it would also be a good example just in case Kings Island did install an B&M inverted coaster for the 2014 season because OzIris is the newest B&M invert to date.

(This does Not mean I think KI will get an Invert for 2014, I have not made my prediction, Yet.)

If something like this were at Kings Island it might even make you scream like a Banshee!

If KI's invert (yes, I can't help but believe that's what we're getting when you look at the parallel footers that have been put in place) is as nice, or nicer, than OzIris, then it will have been well worth the wait for us getting one.

OzIris looks like a really cool ride I hope it's bigger though, with 6 inversions and a 150-200 ft. drop.

• Like 3

Actually, Alpengiest is the tallest B&M/full circuit inverted coaster. The actual tallest inverted coaster is Wicked Twister at 215 ft. And for those who are picky, the fact its a shuttle coaster doesn't take away that it is still an inverted coaster.

• Like 1

The only thing that bothers me about inverted coasters are when the inversions are low to the ground. I have ridden Montu, Vertigo, Wicked Twister, and Raptor. I would say Raptor gets me the least amout of dizzy/sick (More enjoyable to ride) because almost all the inversion are located high. Montu gets me the most dizzy especially with the inversions that are low to the ground. I think the closer to the ground the inversion is the higher the g's, which in turn makes it a more dizzying/nauseous ride. Anyone else feel the same way?

• Like 1

I prefer Montu to Raptor personally. I'm not sure if it's the layout, theming, or a combination of the two.

Kumba is the only roller coaster that has left me bumfuzzled. Kudos to that ride for that.