Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

That's great. I'm sure Don gets very perturbed when people keep asking him that same question.

Don's the PR guy. he gets paid to field questions (clever and dumb).

Just because you get paid for something doesn't mean you enjoy it.

MrSaturdayNite, who just got off work.

• Like 3

There are many possibilities for this new attraction. I've mentioned a few in previous posts - some serious and others, well, not serious.

But I believe that this will be something new to the industry. Something no one has even thought of before. Maybe a prototype, but with tried and true elements which will provide reliability. Out-of-the-box thinking. I know Mr. Quimet has only been on board for a short time, but his influence will be felt in this project and in the development of that entire area of the park. This is going to be special - even more special than Gatekeeper, which is a wonderful machine but is really just a bigger, taller, longer version of something that already exists. Mr. Q. knows KI's history and will keep that special pride for our/his park.

So I say....LOOK OUT! Something REALLY special is coming our way!

• Like 5

It is almost july. There is no new b&m track at the factory. Its pointing to a intamin.

Right. Because there aren't hundreds of other manufacturers out there like Zierer, Gerstlauer, PTC, RMC, Premier, or Vekoma that could be creating this coaster.

Neither of you seemed to mention Mack Rides, which is a company that I haven't heard quite a few of you name. Remember, Cedar Fair did install a Mack wild mouse coaster at Knotts last year and it sure was a Coast Rider! Along with that, Mack is also kind-of into the dark ride business...Amusement Dark anyone?

Not saying it would be a wild-mouse, just throwing out the idea of getting a Mack ride in general, whether that be a wild mouse or launched coaster or even a Mack dark ride.

• Like 1

During my trip today I noticed the fences have in fact been moved closer, and new signage along with it. I could not get a good view through the fence so I decided to ride AE to get a better view. Noticed large circular rebar down in the valley, and construction is going at a much quicker pace lately, so it looks as if we are about to see where the next stage of construction leads us. I'm guessing we should know a lot more about the layout within the next 30 days.

What did the new signage say? If you don't mind me asking.

THE_BEASTmaster, who likes to be curious sometimes, even though he'll be at the park this evening. :)

• Like 1

Well, exclusive news from Cedar Point. Every single dip-n-dots guy seems to know for a fact that we will be getting a B&M coaster that will break records. Ride ops say a Leviathan type giga, and others say another wing coaster.

Not sure who I trust more. It is funny though, that they know more about our new ride than we do.

If you're trying to get information from people at CP, the only guy that knows is the lemon chill guy.

Has anyone toyed around with the possibility that Banshee may be used as a Haunt name? Perhaps Banshee will replace Massacre Manor.

Usually haunts are places, and not proper names.

It is almost july. There is no new b&m track at the factory. Its pointing to a intamin.

Do you have any idea how long it takes that plant to crank out enough track for one coaster? If you do, please clue me in because I don't, but if I remember correctly (and sometimes I don't) Gatekeeper track wasn't manufactured at this time last year.

Cool video shot of Gatekeeper's track being fabricated:

Speaking about Clermont, has anyone been there recently to take a look?

• Like 1

I am sorry, I don't camp there, I just take strolls by the construction site.

• Like 5

Well, exclusive news from Cedar Point. Every single dip-n-dots guy seems to know for a fact that we will be getting a B&M coaster that will break records. Ride ops say a Leviathan type giga, and others say another wing coaster.

Not sure who I trust more. It is funny though, that they know more about our new ride than we do.

If you're trying to get information from people at CP, the only guy that knows is the lemon chill guy.

Has anyone toyed around with the possibility that Banshee may be used as a Haunt name? Perhaps Banshee will replace Massacre Manor.

Usually haunts are places, and not proper names.

Do you have any idea how long it takes that plant to crank out enough track for one coaster? If you do, please clue me in because I don't, but if I remember correctly (and sometimes I don't) Gatekeeper track wasn't manufactured at this time last year.

Cool video shot of Gatekeeper's track being fabricated:

Anyone else catch Ouimet saying something about focusing on the fountains at Kings Island???

They don't usually trademark their Haunts. As a matter of fact, I don't think a single one is trademarked.

They trademarked the name "Amusement Dark". That definitely sounds like a Haunt name

That you could visably see

Don't feed the troll...just what BigSexy/YoungStud wants. Plus, if we don't quote the nonsense, the block feature works perfectly. If you DO quote, it fails...lol

• Like 4

Don't feed the troll...just what BigSexy/YoungStud wants. Plus, if we don't quote the nonsense, the block feature works perfectly. If you DO quote, it fails...lol

Mr. Bennett, in this world of technology, if there was new track at clermont someone would have a picture on here...

Mr. Bennett, in this world of technology, if there was new track at clermont someone would have a picture on here...

Even if there isn't any track at the Batavia plant visible to the public (which there may or may not be, absence of proof is not proof of absence), that means very little towards whether or not this is a Beemer. The parking lot where track is seen is a staging area, seen fairly late in production. Track will show up in the Batavia lot days or weeks before it is shipped to its respective park. Considering where Kings Island is in construction, track and supports probably shouldn't be expected to arrive for another several weeks, perhaps a couple months. If our coaster is in fact a B&M being manufactured in Batavia, it's track and supports are probably currently inside the building, being made away from public eyes.

Why do I feel like Ive said all of this several times before?

• Like 7

Wouldn't that same technology you speak of allow for less time for track to be made?

• Like 1

Right. Because there aren't hundreds of other manufacturers out there like Zierer, Gerstlauer, PTC, RMC, Premier, or Vekoma that could be creating this coaster.

Neither of you seemed to mention Mack Rides, which is a company that I haven't heard quite a few of you name. Remember, Cedar Fair did install a Mack wild mouse coaster at Knotts last year and it sure was a Coast Rider! Along with that, Mack is also kind-of into the dark ride business...Amusement Dark anyone?

Not saying it would be a wild-mouse, just throwing out the idea of getting a Mack ride in general, whether that be a wild mouse or launched coaster or even a Mack dark ride.

I'd love a Mack coaster. I just don't think its in the cards this time around. My spidey senses are telling me otherwise.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! It's been quite exciting to see all the speculation and building up towards whatever this ride or expansion could be. I honestly have no idea what this could be, though it sure looks to be a coaster. Looks can be deceiving though I suppose! Going off the popular speculations of a B&M, I noticed an invert that would fit nicely with the cleared land:

4cg0nnt5h989s19f40ns00.jpg

Katun, at Miribilandia. Image found on rcdb.com.

I am in no way suggesting we are getting this ride, but I am saying that it would seem to fit nicely with the current cleared out space! I thought I would throw that out there! Happy speculating!

Let's clear up the speculation about whether or not CSF has even started working on the new track. Look at this bird's eye view of the CSF plant. As you can tell, there are other places on the property where track can be stored out of view from the public eye (unless, of course, you want to hire a helicopter and fly over the place).

Unless you want to trespass on CSF's property, you have no idea what may or may not be lying on the ground outside the plant, and thus have no idea whether or not they've started making the track for what we assume will be a B&M coaster. So let's get past all this nonsense already, huh?

Actually clermont isn't too bad to enthusiasts who wanna get a look, apparently a few KI ride op friends put something together & got to look around outside of the plant at track sitting out last year...Things could change over a year I'm sure but they did get a chance to go drop by and snap pics from the plant, just not get too involved with inside or ask questions/interview.

Actually clermont isn't too bad to enthusiasts who wanna get a look, apparently a few KI ride op friends put something together & got to look around outside of the plant at track sitting out last year...Things could change over a year I'm sure but they did get a chance to go drop by and snap pics from the plant, just not get too involved with inside or ask questions/interview.

But I'm not talking about arranged/guided tours of the property, or a situation where you get the plant's permission to look around outside. What I'm saying is you can't simply drive by the plant and tell whether or not there is track laying out. So all this talk of "the plant hasn't started making the track yet" is nonsense if all you're doing is looking at the property from the road.

• Like 1