Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Concrete is concrete, no mater if your pouting the foundation for a home or pouring the footers for a rollercoaster. My guess is they mostly do home construction b/c that is the largest kind of construction in the area. There is nothing particularly complicated about the pouring and setting of the concrete for this rollercoaster.

• Like 1

His name (from a couple of pages ago is Patrick Michael) Seems to have removed the so called blueprint videos. Everything else he has is like tour videos.

However, the upper left of his main page there is a small picture that looks like a blueprint name section with "Kings Island - 2014 project".

Take it with a grain of salt....on buttered popcorn....Yum! :lol:

^^Your conclusion that my conclusion is ridiculous is wrong. Usually in an interview, especially w/ major ride manufacturers, if an interviewer asks about ride developments and the rep answers about it saying something like "we are working to do this" (ex b&m saying they are ready to do a launch coaster) then it is at least a few years from debuting. when they simply say "no comment" it usually means that they are trying to not ruin a new ride for the general public.

So my conclusion was not ridiculous. That is all.

"Usually in a interview"?

If you can't remember which person is doing the interview, what would be "usual" or "unusual" with the comments made?

There is obviously no history to refer to given we have no idea who was actually speaking.

• Like 1

I was there yesterday (Thursday) and noticed that new footers were being poured right next to the new location of the fence. I believe the machine shown sticking above the fence in the pic above was digging holes for the footers, can't be certain. I did see holes with the round metal supports in them ready for concrete less than 4 feet from the fence. I wonder if perhaps the water tower being removed from AZ was in preparation for the new coaster crossing the midway. Them moving the fence and dropping new footers where the fence once was kinda points to them developing in that direction. (Long time lurker, first post.. hello everyone!)

• Like 2

imo they're not going to be able to keep it under wraps what they're doing for much longer. When you ride Delirium you have a clear view of the entire construction site. Pretty soon, even the average people that don't spend they're spear time on KIC are going to start figuring things out.

• Like 2

Oh my! Have any of you seem the high five wooden coaster?! That looks incredibly fun!

Eh...no offense, but aside from the "high five" section (gimmick), I don't see it as anything particularly special other than being a racing coaster. Sure...it looks fun. But no big deal.

• Like 1

IIRC, they typically don't run the two coasters at the same time, taking away from the High 5 element, presumably due to safety concerns of one patron grabing the hand of another patron on the opposite train. Its definently a cool concept, unfortunetly its not idiot proof.

I remember watching an interview with either Mr. bolliger or mallibard (cant remember which one) from iaapa last year and the guy interviewing him asked about the possibility of loop(s) going into their hyper/giga coasters. His response to the question was simply that he didnt want to comment. That obviously means that a project is in the works for this type of thing. I think that this kinda ties into a post from earlier about a guy on youtube who claims to have blueprints for it. His claim is that it is a b&m giga with some sort of dive in it. I think a 300 ft coaster with loops, dives, etc would be awesome.

Also i dig a little deeper in that construction company and found that it is indeed a concrete company based in mason. Their speciality is apparently homes, so my thought is that they are just maybe working on the foundation for the station because it is basically a sort of larger building.

Idk, this is just my two cents.

First half giga, second half loops would be horrible. It would not be fun to ride a giga with OTSR's. I305 proved that, and the new belts are a improvement but just a lap bar is idea. If b&m could incorporate a foot/ankle brace like the premier loopers to their existing trains it would be ok. The premier trains are very uncomfortable.

Concrete is concrete, no mater if your pouting the foundation for a home or pouring the footers for a rollercoaster. My guess is they mostly do home construction b/c that is the largest kind of construction in the area. There is nothing particularly complicated about the pouring and setting of the concrete for this rollercoaster.

"Concrete" is most definitely not "concrete." It is a highly variable artificial stone that can be designed in any number of ways to accommodate different environments and loads.

• Like 5

So, I stopped by the park today and WOW. The pictures do not give any justice to how large these footers really are. I didn't realize they were so huge. I rode Drop Tower, Delirium, and Adventure Express to get views of the work. Delirium by far gave the best and most phenomenal views of the work going on. In regards to the trees being removed by the entrance to AE: Due to their proximity to the site, it would be easily assumed it is for construction. However, I noticed places all throughout the park where trees have quite clearly been cut down. I'm not sure why they are doing it and I even noticed it deep in the woods by Beast and Whitewater Canyon's queue. Whatever it is for, it gives me reason to believe what we see by AE's entrance is not for Project Banshee.

• Like 2

So, I stopped by the park today and WOW. The pictures do not give any justice to how large these footers really are. I didn't realize they were so huge. I rode Drop Tower, Delirium, and Adventure Express to get views of the work. Delirium by far gave the best and most phenomenal views of the work going on. In regards to the trees being removed by the entrance to AE: Due to their proximity to the site, it would be easily assumed it is for construction. However, I noticed places all throughout the park where trees have quite clearly been cut down. I'm not sure why they are doing it and I even noticed it deep in the woods by Beast and Whitewater Canyon's queue. Whatever it is for, it gives me reason to believe what we see by AE's entrance is not for Project Banshee.

CP might have a coaster that goes over the entrance to the park but we are getting one that goes over the ENTIRE park! Worlds longest by far!

It could just be preventative maintenance. If a tree is dying and poses a hazard of falling into ride/public areas, removing early is a good thing. Just a thought.

• Like 3